Brookdale Charlotte East

6053 Wilora Lake Rd., Charlotte, NC, 28212

Reviews of Brookdale Charlotte East

Caring24452950 April 29, 2014

We haven't made any decision yet, but Wilora Lake Lodge is a good candidate. It has a family environment setting. Everyone gets to know everyone quickly. My mother spent three days there; she was on their "stay-cation," and she drew a lot of attention from the residents. The residents there were extremely friendly. The staff was excellent, as well as the meals, their dining area, and the servers. The main thing is its private pay, as at the majority of these places.

Linda56244550 April 12, 2014

I have friends who live in the retirement community, assisted living, and nursing home in Wilora Lake, and they are all fine. It is one of the places I will recommend to other people. It is a fine, medium size community, and it has a comfortable feeling. They have a large lobby for the people to do some puzzles and visit together in the open area. The apartments are large enough so they can have people come in and visit in their rooms. I have been there at birthday parties and different events. I am not in the position where I need to go to Wilora Lake, but that is one of the places that I will consider if I am going.

Sandra-1 March 13, 2014

Wilora Lake Lodge was convenient for me. I knew someone who was already living there; they had been there for a few years and they were really pleased. The room is fine and there is a variety of food to choose from. They have activities every day at 2:00 pm. They had bingo several times, people come in for entertainment and they had a bible study mom can go to.

Caring74381850 November 28, 2013

We saw Wilora Lake Lodge. The residents there seemed happy. The people working there were very good. We had lunch there, the food were quite acceptable. It had a restaurant style kitchen with waiters and waitresses. The security was higher than any other place and you needed a special code to open the secured gate. However, we were not interested because although it was an independent living, it was more on assisted living. The room was small and it didn't have a kitchen like an independent living should have and it would not suit us. Also, it was located not in the best area.

goliathnz_2000 September 11, 2012

After visiting the place I wished that I could take an early retirement. The staff was very energetic and kept the place in high spirits. The staff was very helpful and patient with residents who had difficulty finishing the daily chores.

All facts aside, my friend was happy at this facility and had completed one year last June and I can trust his judgement.

Becky brown June 21, 2012

Wilora Lake has provided excellent care for 2 of my family members. They are compassnate, caring and sincere. They go the extra mile for their residents. They are responsive to the needs of the residents and meet their needs with a smile. I highly recommend the facility.

plast April 28, 2012

When you think of old southern living, it conjures up images of beautiful summers in historic towns like Savannah and Charleston. Charlotte has a little slice of that charm too, and it is all on display at Wilora Lake Lodge. At least, that's how it felt in comparison to the dreariness that I feared we might find.This was the first of several assisted living facilities that I toured in North Carolina as part of a pre-medical course on geriatrics, and I will never forget the relief I felt when I realized that it was nothing like the stereotypical dormitories you hear such bad things about. The staff had clearly worked hard to keep the place bright and colorful (not too hard in sunny North Carolina!) and the result was a happy, attentive environment where the residents seemed far more happy and relaxed than those I had seen in hospitals earlier that same day. And it's no wonder! Even I enjoying the beauty of the place, and I was there to work!

anonymousll June 09, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My former pastor and his wife now reside at Wilora Lake Lodge in Charlotte, North Carolina. This is a community that provides both independent living and assisted living facilities for seniors. Having visited them three times I have been very impressed with the staff and premises. I do admit that I had my own ideas about what an assisted living apartment might really be like. Needless to say, I have been pleasantly surprised. Instead of a dull and dreary living space Wilora Lake is very inviting and I was treated with gracious, Southern hospitality. My pastor's wife, Ms. Eleanor, beamed as she walked me through their 2 bedroom apartment. Their apartment includes an emergency call system, 2 baths, air conditioning, a balcony and soft, carpeted floors. The windows provide a view of the outdoor gardens. They also keep their apartment cheerfully decorated with fresh flowers and artwork created by a half dozen great grand-children. During my last visit I enjoyed a relaxing lunch with them in the community dining area. It seemed to be like an upscale restaurant and the food was really good. I never once felt like a guest, but I was made to feel as though I were a member of a large family group. According to everyone I talked with there are so many ongoing classes and activities available that there is no chance for any boredom to set in. This is a perfect match for a couple who thrive on being able to help others yet, on occasion, need just a little assistance for themselves.

From Brookdale Charlotte East

Brookdale Charlotte East provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Charlotte East