Brighton Gardens of Charlotte

6000 Park South Drive, Charlotte, NC, 28210

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Charlotte

Emma14 February 04, 2015

Everybody was really nice here at Brighton Gardens. It is a real nice place. The only problem with it is the rooms are just small. The dining room is fine and nice. They did have a nice menu as well. The whole place is just very nice.

Frank Forsythe February 04, 2015

I already knew some of the residents and some of the people there at Brighton Gardens that managed it and operated it. The staff is excellent and well trained. They know their job, and they do their job. They do it happily, friendly, and efficiently. That's all that you can ask. The food is excellent and top-level. It is well done, well prepared, and served very nicely. It is top rate like five stars. They have a daily and weekly sheet that they put out for a lot of different activities that they do. They put out a sheet whether it's for bingo or an event on the mall or tickets to a show; you just sign up for those activities. They have an activities director that does that for fun. The rooms are big enough. They are clean, refreshed, and all ready to go. They fairly wash down everything when someone leaves or moves on. Everything works. They occasionally have fire drills so they know how to orderly get out of there. They don't just post it, they do it, and I thought that was nice. The place is very much secured. The doors are automatic to an extent, but at evening hours, they have a special passcode for residents to get in.

hagness July 02, 2012

This is a wonderful facility that makes the residents feel like they are in a resort. The plan wonderful activities that encourage the residents to interact with each other and have fun. This is not your typical assisted living center. It really does feel like you are in a 5 star hotel. The staff is great. The food is tasty. This is the kind of place I would like to live if I was elderly and could not stay at home.

TinaR3 June 21, 2012

Price is incredibly high and they keep raising it once you are in. I do not think they give the amount of care worthy of the amount you pay. We had prominently marked special instructions on my parent's medicine schedule sheet, but the med tech at BG ignored them and caused a health crisis requiring a trip to the hospital. It was the most important piece of information we gave them upon her arrival there.

cdayton August 14, 2011

I visited this facility while assisting a client with locating short term care for respite purposes. The facility is located in a gorgeous neighborhood in Charlotte (South Park) and it offered a friendly, clean, bright, and very inviting environment. It has somewhat of an upscale hotel feeling to it, yet offers everything that you would expect of an assisted living facility as far as safety and care needs being met. Upon entering the facility I was immediately greeted by staff and welcomed into their building. The building is very bright and offers much natural sunlight, which was something I noticed immediately. I saw both a wonderful garden like outdoor area (where two residents were enjoying some conversation with what appeared to be a staff member on a park like bench) and a really nice dining facility and library area (where it appears many activities such as bingo, crafts, and exercise take place according to the extensive activity calendar that I saw while visiting). I did not actually see a scheduled activity going on while I was in the facility, but I also did not notice a lot of residents sitting around, appearing to be bored, or seeming to lack social stimulation. I did see more than one staff member engaging a resident in what appeared to be more personal conversation and "unofficial" activities (one staff member was reading a book to a resident for instance).
The facility offers monthly visits by a registered nurse but trained staff, such as CNAs, are always in the building and the staff seemed well versed on handling emergency situations and transfers should that become necessary. Staff seemed very competent in their duties and the family member I was working with felt very comfortable with the idea of leaving their loved one there for a week after speaking with a few staff members. My client did ultimately stay at Brighton for a weeks time and later told me that the stay was enjoyable. Though my client was glad to return home after the stay, they did say they would be willing to stay again in the future if the need arose. The family also stated they were happy with the decision to use Brighton Gardens and would return there for future respite care. I would recommend this facility to others needing such care, or even for longer term stays.

From Brighton Gardens of Charlotte

Discover our beautifully landscaped courtyard and gardens, enjoy our fine cuisine or join in an activity or social group. At Brighton Gardens, we have an abundance of ways to make your life here enjoyable. Here is Assisted Living committed to comfort and care: tastefully appointed apartment-style living, attractive and spacious community areas and daily assistance from an attentive, caring and trained staff. At Brighton Gardens, we take care to consider your needs as well as your wishes.

Features of Brighton Gardens of Charlotte