Atria MerryWood Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

June 22, 2013

By Bob29

We went and visited Atria MerryWood for my mom. What I like about this facility is that it's really close to where I live. The facility was a little older but it seemed fine. We didn't see anything negative. They had a full-service staff. Their rooms were bigger but a little older. Everything about this facility was fine.

September 27, 2012

By MaryKJos

I would say, this facility was awesome - well maintained, courteous staff, full of amenities. I do not know how much the price but it felt like you are in some kind of hotel surrounding. They seem to have multiple locations from the pamphlet I read about the facility. Also, varieties of services offered such as doctors visitation, assistance with living - dressing, medication, bathing, housekeeping, etc.I took a tour of the facility; everything is clean and well maintained. You could see seniors enjoying at the command areas and dining facility. The staff was courteous and would guide you properly or answer any question you might have.I would recommend this facility to anyone as long as you can afford this. This facility is sure a high end - exclusive class membership and offers other services too such as short term stays, independent living, etc. There are always some kind of events all day such as Yoga class, Poker lessons, crafts, resident meeting, etc. Overall, I would give this facility a five out of five, except location is average.

May 09, 2012

By Matt2

The facility was really top notch as far as assisted-living facilities go. In terms of amenities they have everything you could want from gardening, transportation and even a full library at the disposal of the residents. Their resident medical staff is some of the best I've seen. I would have loved for my grandfather to live here had he not passed before we got all of the paper work done.

August 19, 2011

By cdayton

I visited this facility after a former client moved there. Atria MerryWood is a really nice facility, located in a great section of Charlotte. Immediately upon entering the facility I found the staff to be quite friendly and the atmosphere to be very welcoming, home like, bright, and clean. The facility offers each client their own small apartment and they receive regular assistance from the staff in cleaning and maintaining it. When I visited my client she was enjoying a casual lunch date with a couple of friends. The dining hall was really nice, and reminded me of a restaurant with friendly staff. It was very clean and my client stated the selection of food was wonderful. She also told me that in addition to meals served in the dining hall, there were also options to have meals or snacks anytime that she pleased. I thought this was a nice touch and it made me think that the facility added in these little touches to help residents feel at home and remain as independent as they chose to be. As a guest I felt very welcomed into the facility by both the reception staff and staff I met along the way. I had the opportunity to speak with the activities director who showed me their calendar which was full of lots of different activities and special events for the residents to enjoy. I also was introduced to one of the nursing staff who knew my client by name and seemed very knowledgeable about her job and the facility in general. Overall I felt like my experience at Atria was nothing but positive and I would highly recommend it for long term care needs of more independent seniors who are in need of some level of assisted living care.

June 09, 2011

By anonymousll

Friend or relative of resident

Our uncle has spent the past year as a resident at Atria MerryWood, an assisted living facility in Charlotte, NC. It is at his request that we are sharing some of his experiences and feelings concerning his recent stay. This is a place where family and friends are always welcome. In fact there is a guesthouse where we have twice stayed overnight. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that visitors and residents have a pleasant and relaxing time. The food and accommodations surpass those that we have found being offered at most hotels. Caregivers here at Atria Merrywood become part of your family and you have the feeling that they really do take their duties very seriously. The holistic atmosphere that surrounds this assisted living facility invites everyone to live life as fully and as independently as possible. Personal care assistants are available when help is needed for showers, baths, eating or mobility. Nurses make sure that the medications are being taken on schedule and there are plenty of opportunities for shopping, sight-seeing, exercise and activities. We have been pleased with the personalized care that our uncle has received and it is not just an isolated case. During each of our visits we see the same quality of care being extended to each resident.

Photos of Atria MerryWood

Features of Atria MerryWood

• State Licenses: HAL-060-118

About Atria MerryWood

Atria MerryWood is a hospitable community with all the grace and charm of southern living. On a sunny day, take a walk around the beautiful grounds, full of flowering trees and bushes. Invite family and friends to spend the night in the two-story brick guesthouse on the premises. Located in the heart of Charlotte, Atria MerryWood received a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association.

Atria MerryWood offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Café with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance