Atria MerryWood

3600 Park Road, Charlotte, NC, 28209

Reviews of Atria MerryWood

melisa1588 July 31, 2014

My father moved in early this year. I cannot put into writing how wonderful it has been for him, and for me as his care taker, but I will try. The management cares about the residents and has always been able to offer me resources and answer my questions. I recently had to move Dad to a smaller apartment within MerryWood and they told me everything I needed to know and made it incredibly easy on me. The staff is amazing! They know my father's name, know what help he will need, and anticipate any additional help he may need. They go above and beyond with everything. I've never spoken to a staff member there who was anything but helpful, cheerful, and most of all, beyond competent in what they were doing. Dad required help from the paramedics but refused to cooperate. I was called immediately. When I got to his room, the manager was with the paramedics and made sure they stayed until I arrived since she knew he would cooperate when I got there. The fact that she knew us well enough to do that made me feel so good about Dad's surrounding and safety. When my father lived on his own, he kept to himself and said he didn't want company, or friends. He now participates in multiple activities and especially likes the weekly poker game. He enjoys going to meals and has made many friends. These friends have been so helpful to him, they all check on each other and talk about what they're going through in the aging process and with medications. It has helped Dad to know he isn't the only person having some trouble. The change in my father is phenomenal. I am so grateful for Atria Merrywood and would highly recommend it.

Diane76124450 March 27, 2014

Atria was very welcoming. It was a very positive experience. We were pretty educated as to what they offered. The food was excellent. The dining room was very nice, very comfortable. Everybody seemed friendly. They seemed very focused on the people who live there like they really cared.

Bob29 June 22, 2013

We went and visited Atria MerryWood for my mom. What I like about this facility is that it's really close to where I live. The facility was a little older but it seemed fine. We didn't see anything negative. They had a full-service staff. Their rooms were bigger but a little older. Everything about this facility was fine.

MaryKJos September 27, 2012

I would say, this facility was awesome - well maintained, courteous staff, full of amenities. I do not know how much the price but it felt like you are in some kind of hotel surrounding. They seem to have multiple locations from the pamphlet I read about the facility. Also, varieties of services offered such as doctors visitation, assistance with living - dressing, medication, bathing, housekeeping, etc.I took a tour of the facility; everything is clean and well maintained. You could see seniors enjoying at the command areas and dining facility. The staff was courteous and would guide you properly or answer any question you might have.I would recommend this facility to anyone as long as you can afford this. This facility is sure a high end - exclusive class membership and offers other services too such as short term stays, independent living, etc. There are always some kind of events all day such as Yoga class, Poker lessons, crafts, resident meeting, etc. Overall, I would give this facility a five out of five, except location is average.

Matt2 May 09, 2012

The facility was really top notch as far as assisted-living facilities go. In terms of amenities they have everything you could want from gardening, transportation and even a full library at the disposal of the residents. Their resident medical staff is some of the best I've seen. I would have loved for my grandfather to live here had he not passed before we got all of the paper work done.

cdayton August 19, 2011

I visited this facility after a former client moved there. Atria MerryWood is a really nice facility, located in a great section of Charlotte. Immediately upon entering the facility I found the staff to be quite friendly and the atmosphere to be very welcoming, home like, bright, and clean. The facility offers each client their own small apartment and they receive regular assistance from the staff in cleaning and maintaining it.

When I visited my client she was enjoying a casual lunch date with a couple of friends. The dining hall was really nice, and reminded me of a restaurant with friendly staff. It was very clean and my client stated the selection of food was wonderful. She also told me that in addition to meals served in the dining hall, there were also options to have meals or snacks anytime that she pleased. I thought this was a nice touch and it made me think that the facility added in these little touches to help residents feel at home and remain as independent as they chose to be.

As a guest I felt very welcomed into the facility by both the reception staff and staff I met along the way. I had the opportunity to speak with the activities director who showed me their calendar which was full of lots of different activities and special events for the residents to enjoy. I also was introduced to one of the nursing staff who knew my client by name and seemed very knowledgeable about her job and the facility in general.

Overall I felt like my experience at Atria was nothing but positive and I would highly recommend it for long term care needs of more independent seniors who are in need of some level of assisted living care.

anonymousll June 09, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Our uncle has spent the past year as a resident at Atria MerryWood, an assisted living facility in Charlotte, NC. It is at his request that we are sharing some of his experiences and feelings concerning his recent stay.

This is a place where family and friends are always welcome. In fact there is a guesthouse where we have twice stayed overnight. The staff goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that visitors and residents have a pleasant and relaxing time. The food and accommodations surpass those that we have found being offered at most hotels.

Caregivers here at Atria Merrywood become part of your family and you have the feeling that they really do take their duties very seriously. The holistic atmosphere that surrounds this assisted living facility invites everyone to live life as fully and as independently as possible.

Personal care assistants are available when help is needed for showers, baths, eating or mobility. Nurses make sure that the medications are being taken on schedule and there are plenty of opportunities for shopping, sight-seeing, exercise and activities.

We have been pleased with the personalized care that our uncle has received and it is not just an isolated case. During each of our visits we see the same quality of care being extended to each resident.

From Atria MerryWood

Atria MerryWood is a hospitable community with all the grace and charm of southern living. On a sunny day, take a walk around the beautiful grounds, full of flowering trees and bushes. Invite family and friends to spend the night in the two-story brick guesthouse on the premises. Located in the heart of Charlotte, Atria MerryWood received a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association.

Atria MerryWood offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime CafĂ© with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance