Brookdale Charleston Gardens

800 Association Drive/Northgate Business Park, Charleston, WV, 25311

Reviews of Brookdale Charleston Gardens

Caring3048 June 26, 2014

We picked Charleston Gardens because that's what my aunt wanted. The rooms are fine. They are clean, neat, and suitable. The bathrooms are very safety-oriented, too. They clean her apartment once a month. She has a living and dining room combined and a bedroom separated from the rest of the living facility. It is very nice. Their activities are very good there. My aunt has gone to a lot of their activities. They go to Wal-Mart every Monday. They go out to lunch somewhere every Friday. The staff is wonderful. They are just very good with her. They are just really good. It seems that all of them enjoy what they do. They are very attentive to the residents. Their dining facility is restaurant-style dining. Regarding food though, some days she likes what they have, and sometimes she doesn't.

Ruloff December 28, 2013

I made a visit Emeritus and I liked the place. But I was just not ready for it. I liked the rooms. They were nice. The place is great. The just wished they had better views. The physical location was on top of the mountain, which was a lot better. The place itself was a five, if it had a better view I will make it a five plus. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend them to others.

debpat51 October 16, 2013

Charleston Gardens is "ok" but overpriced compared to similar facilities. Care is fair; huge turnover of staff and terrible meals. The enormous capital expense for remodeling should have bee spent on hiring a dietician to ensure proper nutrition. Every resident is upset about the horrible food - not just poorly prepared but skimpy portions and poor nutrition. Concerned - I take extra food to my parents.

Teresa21 September 27, 2013

I visited Emeritus at Charleston Garden and I saw that there were a lot of people sitting in wheelchairs. They seem that they are a lot older than my parents, so they won't like the place if I put them there. The place looked worn out and run down when I went there, but I believe it's going to be renovated so I'm sure it would look much better. The staff was pleasant. The lady who sat down and talked to me was very nice. The rooms were too small and the little kitchenette was way too small. I would recommend this facility if their parents are wheelchair bound.

Linda62622650 June 12, 2013

My aunt has been in the Emeritus at Charleston Gardens since March. I've been'there only a couple of times, but every time the place has been clean, it smelled fine, and I saw people helping clients. My aunt seems to be well cared for. I would call any time to check on her and if she's available close by, they will even let her speak to me on the phone. We are very pleased. I guess what I liked best was their friendliness towards the family. They always welcome and accommodate us. Like today was my aunt's birthday and when some of her friends from the women's club came and brought cupcakes for all the patients in the ward, they allowed the use of a special room to have this little celebration.

monkymnc July 11, 2012

I spent a lot of time at Charleston Gardens due to my grandfathers admission there. We admitted him due to his dementia and thought that we were no longer fit as a family to remain caring for him. In the 9 months he was there he was treated greatly. He got along with all of the staff and even became close friends with his roommate across the hall. Now he is a better place but I'm glad that Charleston Gardens to make his last year with us a good one.

From Brookdale Charleston Gardens

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Charleston Gardens