Summit Place of Daniel Island

320 Seven Farms Drive, Charleston, SC, 29492

Reviews of Summit Place of Daniel Island

Caring93499750 December 30, 2014

Summit Place of Daniel Island was a very nice place. It was a little more upscale as far as the rooms and so forth. Of course they don't have a separate memory facility. They don't handle you until you die. You have to be mobile. The only problem I see with them is the end of life situation. It was a nice place. They have very friendly people. The rooms are a little bigger. They have double rooms where two people can occupy. I like the single rooms better. I have tried the food, and it was very good. There was not a lot of it, but it was acceptable.

Linda97148950 November 22, 2014

There’s a lot to do in Summit Place, and they are very active. They have special parties like the Veterans Day, Halloween, they have children come in, and they have a high school nearby where they have young people come in and volunteer their time. So they are interactive with the day to day. They are very clean and comfortable. They served three meals a day, and if I had a question they would find an answer, they would look into it further. They call emergency people immediately if needed, and communication is very good; immediate response. They had a good variety of food ,and it was tasty.

Pam29 August 29, 2014

Summit Place of Daniel Island is one of the places that when you walk in, you just have a good feeling about it. It was bright and everybody seemed really nice and helpful. We just had a good feeling about it when we visited, and we ended up going back there to choose it. So far with the activities, she's playing bingo and they were doing her nails. That was the only thing my mom has told me about because she's just been there for a couple of days.

Caring8677 June 26, 2014

Summit Place of Daniel Island has a very knowledgeable staff. They are very warm and welcoming. They were able to answer any questions that we had and to give us references of other people they have talked to and who have had a good experience with them. We did a little background digging ourselves and found that they were good in terms of financial management as well. From what we have seen and heard, they have low staff turnover; the staff like working there. As well as having a geriatric doctor that my mom started seeing and who was highly recommended, Summit Place is all on one level, which means, because they don't have second and third stories, that in case of either a voluntary or mandatory hurricane evacuation, the people will not have to go down stairways or elevators. It could be not just simply a hurricane, but a fire, and just needed to evacuate the building. There are a number of activities that are there. They have general social activities and interactive activities in terms of questions and answers; they try to keep people's brains active and thinking. They have outings; there is the store and shopping or going out for lunch or cultural trips. They've got physical and occupational therapy at the facility, which has been key in helping my mom continue to be functional because she tends to isolate herself and not get out and move much. She has made really very good progress just within the last three weeks.

Caring72012450 April 22, 2014

I didn't like Summit Place of Daniel Island because I just felt claustrophobic. It was small and kind of reminded me of the place that my dad was in when he was sick, like a rehab place. It just didn't feel good enough as I would like. It was a lot cheaper, so I might have to go for that one. I was really disappointed with the food there. It was institutional food and basically canned and frozen. I did like the lady who runs the place; she was very nice. But it just felt too institutional. The rooms were all right. It had a good variety of rooms as far as the size goes. The food was the one thing, so I would never be able to send my mother there.

Thank you for your feedback. We value your input and share your concern. To better serve you, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience. Our dedicated staff is committed to providing the utmost care and services to all residents. Your feedback helps us identify areas of opportunity for us to focus on as we strive to uphold and improve the quality of standards that each resident deserves. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to continue to serve you and your loved one.

Caring83097150 April 12, 2014

Summit Place was a very nice place that was newer and maybe fresher. It does not smell like a nursing home, and I liked that. I think that's because it's a newer place. The lady who helped us was wonderful. She answered lots of questions. She was very helpful in getting us connected with the military elder care to get my father-in-law's military benefits started out so he could afford to make this move. They were really wonderful. The only thing there is that there's an issue with alcohol, and they said they can't control if one gentleman drinks or not, and we needed a place that could help us keep alcohol out of his hands. That was a real issue, and that was a real deciding factor.

The rooms were lovely. There were two people who helped us. We met first with the gentleman, and he wanted to put him in a co-ed apartment with another man. I think he was just trying to fill that space with a single man. It must be a hard space to fill, but the man kept beer in his refrigerator, and we didn't think that was a good idea for our father-in-law. He has dementia, and alcohol would worsen that.

Julie18 September 25, 2013

My mom is in Summit Place. It is a very nice place. It is a small community with only 49 or 50 residents. Everything is on one level so there's no elevator, which is good. The staff is wonderful. My mother seems very happy with their food. She has a very large single room with a small kitchenette and a bathroom. I would definitely recommend them to others.

From Summit Place of Daniel Island

Summit Place of Daniel Island offers compassionate senior care in Charleston, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Summit Place of Daniel Island shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Charleston, SC.

Features of Summit Place of Daniel Island

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: None

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Summit Place of Daniel Island