Brookdale Chapel Hill

2220 Farmington Drive, Chapel Hill, NC, 27517

Reviews of Brookdale Chapel Hill

July 30, 2014

By Adeona

Very pleased with the excellent care my mom has had at Wynwood. Staff is attentive and go out of their way to attend to her needs. I am always updated with any changes and her doctor is always in communication with me about her health status. I have always found her clean and well dressed and happy with her life there. I have friends that pop in to visit her and they have given me excellent feedback. Mom says she enjoys the food and has even added weight . She has made friends with some other people living there and has her own social circle. Lots to do there and a great front porch!

July 26, 2014

By Tolo

I recently put my loved one in this facility for short-term care. I am very sad to report that the care here is disappointingly poor. My loved one needed much more care than this facility was able to provide. But beyond that there was a lack of communication among the care givers, medications were missed or well over 2 hours late. She was not bathed for over 5 days despite constant requests. The food was extremely poor. Even the long-term residents warned me of the problems and the food. There are multiple issues that were shocking and highly worrisome. On a good note, I think they are trying. I think the facility is clean and attractive. But the care for the individual is extremely poor. The focus seems to be on the bottom-line and not on the wellbeing of the resident. I could not recommend this facility at all.

June 30, 2014

By Lisa86690750

We have my mother-in-law at Wynwood of Chapel Hill, and so far we are doing well. It's been a month now since she's been there. We chose this facility because we felt that the food was a cut above everywhere else, and they had a very active itinerary compared to some other places. Everybody is extremely friendly. The administrative staff were very accommodating. The rooms were much nicer than the rooms that I saw in other facilities. They have different activities, like they have religious services, they have arts and crafts, and they also have different card games.

June 26, 2014

My mother is in Wynwood Of Chapel Hill. There was a good feeling when I walked in. It is clean, welcoming, and very friendly. I'm happy with the facility as it is. I definitely recommend Wynwood. I like best the staff and their care. Their work attitude is great. They are really responsive and very attentive to my mom. They seem generally pleasant and happy. The facility is very clean. It is very well maintained. It is very pleasant, and it smells good. Activities - so far so good. They have a lot of things planned every day, though it is a little slow on the weekend.

February 24, 2014

By Jeri5

It was a very nice place. I like it for myself but it was not suitable for my aunt. She needed more nursing care. The staff was very nice. The lady who showed me around was very gracious.

October 30, 2013

Wynwood was a nice place. They're pretty close to where we live. However, they're not going to work for us; the room that was available at that time was at the end of the hall. It seemed like it was a long walk for my parents to go to the activities.

August 14, 2012

We toured Wynwood of Chapel Hill and we find the place beautiful. They have a classy and medieval look. We love the place. They have all the things that you will need. The residents look really happy and I had a chance to speak with one of the residents. She's been there for almost 10 years now. She said she really love living in Wynwood. It shows with all the people who live there. This is one of the greatest assisted living facilities that we visited.

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

My father's oldest brother has always been a very active man and now that he is in his 80s he needed to find an assisted living facility where he could live life on his own terms. His only concession to the aging process was his mobility. Arthritis had robbed him of his vigor and freedom of movement, yet he prided himself on the fact that he could still do a lot of things on his own; he just needed some help with other tasks of daily life. Wynwood at Chapel Hill has provided him with a home and new life that he adores. We have visited monthly during the year that he has been a resident and we are so happy with his new living arrangement. He had just returned from a shopping trip to Trader's Joe when we made our last visit to see him. Of course he had to update us on the yoga classes that he is now taking. In fact this exercise program has even helped lessen the pain caused by his arthritis. Each day the seniors at Wynwood have a list of activities in which they can participate if they choose to do so. Meals are simply wonderful and the cooking staff always uses the freshest ingredients possible. In my opinion, these meals are better prepared and tastier than those dishes being served at a majority of local restaurants. I have eaten the grilled fish, roast chicken and perfectly cooked asparagus- and cannot say enough complimentary things about the talented chefs. These individuals can make low calorie, low salt recipes taste positively wonderful. My uncle has never been a fan of low sodium meals, but even he has now been won over by the healthy, tasty meals that he gets to enjoy each day. Kudos to this facility and each staff member!

Features of Brookdale Chapel Hill

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library

• Nurse On Staff: Available During Business Hours

About Brookdale Chapel Hill

Brookdale Chapel Hill provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our unique design allows residents to engage in meals served in bistro style dining rooms at the end of each hall.

Map of Brookdale Chapel Hill