SummerWood of Chanhassen

525 Lake Drive, Chanhassen, MN, 55317

Reviews of SummerWood of Chanhassen

Mich C. September 27, 2012

Summerwood is a beautiful place. It has exercise facilities, a wonderful dining room, and a caring staff. There are nurses on staff to look after the tenants, and monitor their medications. It's a good place for those seniors who are mobile, but otherwise declining in health, and no longer are able to stay at home alone. However, it is expensive, and while my mother was there, I saw cuts in staff, and staff without needed experience. I would rather have paid for better staff service, than expensive decorations.

evilolive April 28, 2012

I went to Summerwood to visit a friend of mines Grandparents. We arrived and were greeted at the front entrance with juice and cookies. That was really great and I have never been in a facility like that to offer such accomadation. We then took the elevator up to the third floor, didnt really see any stair wells, which would be nice to see for the more active residents. We got to the room where his grandparents were living, which was very easy to find. Then we visited for a little bit. It almost seemed like an upscale apartment complex. we went to dinner and i talked with a few nursing assistants and they seemed very knowledgable and passionate about their jobs. The food we ate was amazing, a chi=oice of beef bourginon or shrimp scampi over rice. I had tthe oppurtunity to try them both and it was like fine dining restaurants. wow cant wait till im older!!!!!!

commercesd January 04, 2012

We found ourselves in Chanhassen for an outing at the Chanhassen Theater in the area, so decided to stop in at the Summerwood of Chanhassen assisted living facility after lunch before the show "“ because it was right across the street. We were looking for a place for our aunt to live and have been checking out facilities in the Minneapolis area. Our aunt loves to go to the Chanhassen Theater, so we thought how convenient it would be if she could go as often as she liked.

This facility is very easy to get to "“ given that there is access to Highways 5 and 101. This also makes it easy to get to Minneapolis, where our aunt enjoys many other cultural events. The exterior was well-kept and nicely designed. The nearby walking trails flank a nearby retail area, which we know our aunt will enjoy. The living accommodations all looked lovely. The Terrace Apartments that overlooked the wetlands "“ with one and two bedrooms, some with a den "“ had eat-in kitchens, lots of storage and washers and dryers.

The common areas are designed for group and casual social gatherings and all of the recreational opportunities were interesting and varied, including anything you could think of doing. We were very impressed that they even have woodshop. The resource center includes computers, and the chapel was beautiful.

This community features a small town neighborhood environment, to meet and make friends for lunch or shop at the market. There is also beauty salon, shops, a cafe, library, movie theater and fitness center. Our aunt could also keep her beloved cat, which were relieved to find out.

The food options were nearly limitless "“ from restaurant to home-style fare "“ you could find any kind of food you desired. The staff ensures that special dietary needs are met and snacks are offered frequently. The staff was caring, kind and efficient as well. It was clear that their first priority is their residents "“ as every detail of their care has been thoughtfully attended to. This is an extraordinary facility where anyone would be happy to live.

About SummerWood of Chanhassen

SummerWood of Chanhassen is an assisted living facility in Chanhassen, MN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact SummerWood of Chanhassen for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of SummerWood of Chanhassen