Solterra Senior Living at Chandler

Reviews of Solterra Senior Living at Chandler

Overview of Ratings

4.3

March 31, 2014

We picked Solterra because it was the nicest of the ones we looked at, and it’s newer. We placed Dad there. It’s more like apartment living, and they’re flexible with their eating time. The people who run the home do very well.

June 12, 2013

I visited a friend who lived in Solterra Senior Living at Chandler and I got the chance to check this one out. They were a brand new facility at that time. The facility was nice but I think the units were just too small. The one I saw was actually two-bedroom and it was like a bedroom on each side of the living area, and me and my wife don't like that. There was no kitchen and they only had a burner and a microwave. All the meals were provided at that place.

May 14, 2013

We chose this facility because it was close to us. The members are physically and my mother isn't anymore though she likes to be around people who are pretty active. They had a gymnasium and all kinds of things so it's more for the active people. Their dining area looked really, really nice. The only thing that stopped me from going is that they have enforced the DNR requirement. The place was beautiful and great. I liked the atmosphere.

April 30, 2013

By Betty21

My husband and I are moving into the Solterra Senior Living. It's a very, very nice location and close to where we live right now. They have 24-hour nursing, if anything happens to either of us. Another thing that I liked about it was that they specialize in memory care. We've looked at a number of facilities and this is the one that suited us best. The grounds, the apartments, the dining area, and the rooms were all nice. They had us come for lunch and the food was very good.

February 15, 2013

By michl

Solterra Senior Living was relatively new and in a good location. Everything was really nice there. It's really pretty, it's in good shape, and there are lots of green areas around the building. They have their own memory care unit in a separate wing.

August 19, 2011

By Emmyrose

This a very nice medium sized 2 story facility. It is set on 1/2 acre of land. The grounds are lush with trees, shrubs, flowers, and may water type features. It is filled with walking paths, sitting areas, fountains,and many hummingbirds. The outside has lovely outside decor when approaching. The lobby entry is beautifully decorated. It is designed to give a luxury home style living. There are 99 apartments. Currently there are 89 assisted living residents of various levels. They have independent, assisted, memory care, and hospice. Therefore, any resident who kives there can move within these levels as their health changes. There are studio, one and two bedroom apartments with semi kitchens. All cooking is done in their kitchen. The apartments are handicapped equipped with alarms that are pushed in an emergency. All utilities and cable are provided along with housekeeping and laundry. They have a restaurant dining room, beauty shop, barber shop, a library a theater room, therapy rooms, and a pool. The restaurant serves 3 meals a day. They have a great variety with 2 specials and an alternate menu for lunch and dinner. Snacks are always available. The food is excellent. They provide chauffeured transport for individuals to appointments, shopping and activities. They have a bus for outside events and activities. They have entertainment by musicians, dances, and parties as well as games and indoor activities. They have weekly ice cream socials. They have outings to concerts, museums, restaurants.and malls as well. Their staff are all certified caregivers with a licensed nurses on duty 7 days a week. They have doctors that come in. This is a very clean and beautiful assisted living with a caring staff. Residents are very happy there. I would recommend this place.

July 18, 2011

By leezee

Think of either a grand hotel or a successful business man's mansion, Solterra sits on a two acre plot of desert land in Chandler, Arizona. As you pull up there are massive lawns of perfectly manicured grass, flowers in bloom, fountains that cause the most serene sound. My mother and I both visited this facility, not only to see it but a friend of hers had just moved in with her husband into one of the two bedroom apartments. She knew my mother and I had been looking at facilities for over a month and recommended we come and see her, have lunch and get a chance to 'peek around'. Solterra is definitely a very active community. When we first arrived we noticed residents everywhere. My mother's friend showed us her apartment, which was absolutely lovely. Nicer than many apartments anybody can rent around town. Big, spacious rooms and clean, as if the place was recently built. Fresh paint, new carpeting, big clear windows. We walked around the grounds as my mom's friend, like my mom, is still very active, still drives and still likes to get out and do things. Gorgeous area, large lawns like I said before that reminded me more of parks. The fountains are a great touch as just listening to them causes a soothing sensation and a sense of relaxation. They have a barrage of activities, things I hadn't heard about in other facilities, like ice cream socials, black and white parties, dances and outings. I really liked how they had a theater too, not just a large screen television which people could watch movies on, but an actual theater. My mom's friend has only been living at Solterra for just under one month but as we walked with her she was waving and saying hello to people she'd met. It seemed like she'd already met quite a few friends. We did run into a few staff members too. The nurse on staff was really nice, very cordial. We didn't see a ton of staff but that didn't mean they weren't there. I learned that they offer not only independent and assisted living, but memory care and transitional care too. I imagine the memory care area's are more staffed. And someone like my mom doesn't want to be constantly interrupted by an aide or a nurse. She wants her life to be as independent as she possibly can. This place certainly seemed to provide that. All the utilities are included here too. We've been to some homes where it is up to each resident to turn on the electricity/gas, etc and pay for it themselves. Oh! And best part, pets are welcome!

About Solterra Senior Living at Chandler

Solterra Senior Living at Chandler is an assisted living facility in Chandler, AZ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Solterra Senior Living at Chandler for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Solterra Senior Living at Chandler