Brookdale North Chandler

2555 North Price Rd., Chandler, AZ, 85224

Reviews of Brookdale North Chandler

A happy customer1 September 08, 2015

We chose this facility because it not only had the independent living apartment for me but also had memory care for my companion. There is only a driveway between the two buildings so it is easy to visit. I am walking more and feel healthier but if needed golf carts and drivers are available. The scenery is beautiful and there is a pool and spa. Food is excellent

Caring107821550 May 28, 2015

The Brookdale North Chandler (Park Regency) helps all different areas of senior living, and it’s huge. What I really liked about it is that my sister would be in the nursing area where she would get physical therapy, and then if she got stronger, then she could go into assisted living, so it's like graduating to the next level. The physical therapy was right there on campus, and there is a pool so everything was in one complex.

The rooms are nice and roomy; the bathrooms are good. I like the part where they can sit in there, and the water spout was within reach. The staff was very nice like the young lady that gave us a tour. She was accessible on a Sunday; she came in for that. She was very helpful and answered every question that we had.

Caring104590350 April 01, 2015

We did visit Brookdale North Chandler, and it was very nice, and clean. It was also very welcoming and seemed to be a nice place overall. The staff was great, very friendly, and accommodating.

Caring99718350 March 23, 2015

I was treated very well at Brookdale. The staff was very nice and very friendly. I think everything was fine. My husband is disabled, so I was trying to get my head around where we could be to help him and help me, but I’m not there yet. I would not give it the best mark on being attractive. When we went to look at the place where we are going to live, they were not that wonderful. The amenities that they presented -- you know the meals and all that -- might be for a person that's ready for that; and I wasn’t ready for it since I still cook.

Caring103103050 March 07, 2015

I have visited Brookdale in Price Road, and it is nice, comfortable, and clean. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms are very nice. They are clean and medium sized.

Lee17 September 10, 2014

Park Regency’s memory care has a high level of care, and we found that the facility was equivalent to a home environment and the kind of care that Mom needed. It was what we were looking for, and it was actually very nice, as we were able to decorate the rooms for her. Her caregivers were very kind and were attached to her. They did everything with their abilities to give her the most pleasant experience she could have. They did a great job.

J. Blair September 01, 2014

The services that Park Regency provides is good. I love the staff members. Plus, I am enjoying all the games.

Marcia17 August 30, 2014

The service that Park Regency provides is wonderful. I have made some very good friends. All the activities they have are fun. I am so glad I chose Park Regency!

Bethyvon August 30, 2014

I am pleased to be here in Park Regency. I have a comfortable apartment, friends to eat with, and plenty of activities to do. My meds are provided weekly which is good. They also put air in my bike tires. Most of all, the location is great. It is near lakes with birds.

Caring97496650 August 16, 2014

I enjoy all the things to participate in that Park Regency has. I do join in a lot. Also, everyone is so nice!

Caring97496450 August 16, 2014

The people in Park Regency are very good. It is like having an extended family.

Lois13 August 16, 2014

Park Regency has great service. They also have plenty of activities. I enjoy the no charge gambling. I am very happy living here!

Nicki1 June 28, 2014

My mom had been at Park Regency and stayed in rehab. It was a great facility, and I liked the management. I didn't like that it was open air, so in the Arizona heat of summer you'd have to leave your air-conditioned condo and walk towards across the outdoor patio to get to where the meals are. My mom uses a walker, and I was afraid of the heat, and the walker falling off the sidewalk was a liability. But I did like the management and the facility itself. They had water aerobics, and if you were wheelchair-bound, they had a motorized way to submerge you into the pool, and they had classes and instructors who would be out there. They had a game room and music. They had structured activities and a VA center for anybody who is a veteran. They've got a place for them to go. They encouraged kids to come in and volunteer on campus. They had church services, where they brought different people into the services, and children came in as well to do some of the singing for it. So, there were lots of things coming and going and all ages.

Caring4395 May 29, 2014

Park Regency was laid out very nicely. It was apartment-style living. It was very nice, clean, and well kept. It was nice and picturesque. You could even have pets there. If you have a small dog and you're on the bottom floor, they would extend the patio out a little bit for your pet. There were a lot of things that were very nice about this community. The staff was very friendly, welcoming, and informative. I also like how they had a health person on-site for medications to be given out. When we went there, they let us have a meal while we were waiting for them to get ready for us. The food was excellent. I really like Park Regency. It had a lot of activities. Even though they had a workout room, there were women who would join a gym, and their shuttle would take them to the gym a couple of times a week. My mom likes those kinds of outings.

Caring91204550 April 30, 2014

The cooking service is great! There is a man named Kevin who is just marvelous! He cooks so good and I'm so glad he's here! He's a very nice man also. There is a worker her named Barbara. She is so nice also. She threads my sewing machine when I need her. I've lost one eye and she helps me.

Charles & Jean February 13, 2014

It was the hardest thing for us to downsize and move here. But the friendliest staff was just wonderful and made us feel so welcome that we adjusted within 1 week! The chef, Brad, is wonderful as our meals; the activities are fun; everything is awesome and we love it!

John72459150 October 18, 2013

We looked at Park Regency. The staff was fine. However, there weren't a lot of active people there. The dining room was outdated.

Don14 August 27, 2013

The Park Regency is a great place in comparison to the first two facilities that I've lived in. The room is three times larger than those at the previous locations and at half the price. The staff is good. They have transportation available, which is excellent.

Donna23 July 11, 2013

Park Regency wasn't the right place for my mother. The people were very nice, but it just wasn't the right feel and the dining room was very far away from the apartments, which wouldn't work for my mother.

amaydg June 11, 2013

This place was very unsatisfactory. There was a scorpion in the ceiling light. When I lifted my mom's pots off the ground there were a ton of crickets. The groundskeeper was walking by and I told him. He said "we spray every week". He was not very concerned. The sprinklers went off when my mom was walking back from breakfast (outside in the summer!) and it startled her. The sprinklers usually went off at night. Incidentally because of her alarm, she fell and broke her arm! We removed her immediately from Park Regency. Don't take your parents here!

katiearena April 17, 2012

I placed my grandfather in this facility after he had a heart attack. When I took the tour I was impressed with their PT department and thought this would be a good place for him to recuperate. They also had a pretty large menu selection, which I thought was important since my grandad can be very picky. The first few days went off without any problems. About a week in to his stay I came for my daily visit and he told me how one of the aids yelled and cursed at him. They were trying to get him out of bed to go to PT or lunch, I can't remember now. He was tired and said he didn't want to get up. This individual then started screaming at him, "you are the reason I f****** hate old people!" and continued yelling until he finally got up. I immediately went to one of the nurses and was told, "well, it was probably one of the aids from the Philippines, they have a temper". I was disgusted with that response and got my grandfather out of there as soon as possible. I transferred him to Broadway Palms and we loved his stay there.

ericbennett November 17, 2011

Nice building. Kind of looks like a hospital, only modernized, but other aspects of it were wholly different and would never make you think "hospital". One of these was the outdoor patio area. Not just any old patio, but a huge seating area with tables and a covered roof but open to the outside, fans throughout and tons of plants and foliage.Very nice setting. A place I could easily picture my father hanging out and either writing a short story or editing an article or working on his next charcoal piece. An artist and writer, my father lived for the outdoor lifestyle. His inspiration always came from his independent "free-style" way of living.Park Regency, I learned while visiting, utilizes the "Optimum Life" approach, which fully includes family. I'd heard about this at another facility I visited and I remember liking everything about it then too.A super kind and easy-going tour guide showed us everything we wanted to see and more. I noticed a lot of residents. She said hello to every single one of them and every single one of them said hi back including mentioning her name. That can't be anything but a good sign.I also got the distinct impression here that staff does not treat people like they're "old" or "sick" or "needing assistance". They treat them like you or I would treat our own neighbor and if that neighbor happens to need help, we provide it, no questions asked.

From Brookdale North Chandler

Brookdale North Chandler provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Chandler, AZ community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale North Chandler can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimun Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimun Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimun Life®, the mission of Brookdale North Chandler is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Chandler, AZ community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Brookdale North Chandler

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Golf
  • Pool
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 1 to 8
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55