Brookdale Central Chandler

1919 W. Carla Vista Dr., Chandler, AZ, 85224

Reviews of Brookdale Central Chandler

Nicki1 June 28, 2014

I didn't actually like the Emeritus at Chandler, but I saw the staff readily available, and they met us right there. But the facility itself was gated, and I didn't see that interaction between the people who were living there. It wasn't some place that would feel like a home. It was more like a senior center, so I think when you walk in there, especially for my mom, who is surely independent, moving in would probably be a tough transition. I think when you are already in assisted living and you go there, you probably have an easier time.

Caring82991650 April 25, 2014

Emeritus needed remodeling and cleaning. We were looking for assisted living, and it's really more of a nursing home where it's like a hospital room with two people, and they put a rice paper screen between two patients. The carpets are really worn and the place looked so battered. It seemed so worn out and battered in there. I wasn't really convinced that they should call what they offer assisted living because it looked more to me like what you'd see in a nursing home.

The people we spoke to were very nice. And I did talk to a couple of residents, and they said that the staff there is extremely nice. The rooms looked so worn out, and the carpet looked like it should be ripped out. When we went in the office to talk to them about their offer, there were stains on the sofa. They need to remodel and scrub it down. I wouldn't want to live in a place that looked that battered. It's so expensive, and you would think for the amount they charge that they would keep things in good repair.

Caring74814450 December 30, 2013

My visit at Emeritus was okay. It was an older facility but the grounds were fine. They're also doing some renovations when we visited. Its environment was more like a regular nursing home. All the rooms were shared and, as a visitor, that was not as appealing. Surely, they will improve on that once they have it fixed up. Nevertheless, my husband really liked the guy who gave us a tour. It was holiday when we visited and he was the one who showed us around. He was very friendly and he introduced us to everyone. They did have a facility for people with dementia. My husband might possibly need that level once he is ready to go. They also provide transportation service for their residents and they also have a nice big room where they do activities.

honest review November 29, 2013

We have had to move our family member out of Emeritus at Chandler. Staff turnover is out of control and many of the excellent staff have left. The heartfelt care is no longer in place with the new administration and it is a shame to see things change so drastically over the past months.

JJen November 26, 2013

This is a great facility. Kelly and Angie are always willing to help.

Carol40 June 29, 2013

My mom moved to Emeritus at Chandler just this May. Everything was very nice. The staff was wonderful, very helpful, and very supportive. My mother to this day has no complaints, so it's been great. She says the food is okay.

Diana12 June 19, 2013

It looked good and clean, but it was outdated and had dark tone in it. It also had an old fashion smell. They should improve on their furniture and put something to brighten it up.

bjorntobewild July 23, 2012

It is a beautiful facility, with neat yards and 64 units. I was impressed by the size of the building, especially the kitchen, which seats 100 people. I talked to my grandmother and she says that she likes the atmosphere of the home, and has made many friends. She especially looks forward to dinner, which is actually quite good. I loved the fact that there was a variety of activities for her to do, such as bingo and a luau. The staff treat her very well. I would probably like to live here when I am old as well!

kuzopt January 25, 2012

Nice, clean facility, plenty of friendly staff helping in what is a difficult situation

Eric1 January 04, 2012

I have visited many memory care facilities and Emeritus at Chandler was by far the best choice for my mother. The director of the memory care really cares about the residents. She has activities and programs that keep the residents involved and active. I could tell a difference from my first visit. The administration was superb. They worked hard with me to achieve placement of my mother. I am very grateful to all of them. Definately five star all the way around.

Emmyrose September 01, 2011

This is a very nice three story building. The building is built so it wraps around a courtyard in the center.It is well maintained and has grass, flowers, walkways and a pool. There is a large gazebo where residents can sit and for entertainment.

They have 64 units which are like large rooms with a small refrigerator and sink. They are private or semi private if requested. All are handicapped equipped and have emergency system. All utilities, laundry and housekeeping are included.

All meals are cooked in their kitchen and there is a dining room which seats 100. There are choices for two entrees at lunch and dinner,so there is some variety.

The interior is clean and nice. They have a living room area, an activity room, and a small private visiting room.

The house director and assistant are LPNs and they have a visiting RN who oversees. They have doctors who come in and they transport to appointments. There is an activity director, certified care givers 4 to 5 on days or as needed, and other services called as necessary. The staff seems to take care of the residents, but I felt there is a lack of true carng there.

They have lots of activities exercises, bingo and games, socials, birthday parties and other events as their upcoming luau with Hawaiian food and dress. Th have musicians who come in. They go on outings shopping. luncheons, and other events.

This a nice well maintained facility with lots of activities and other amentities, but I would not choose this option as a first choice. This is my opinion because I do not care for the units as fees like you just have abedroom in a large house, the privacy issue, and the atmosphere as I stated seemed not to be as caring.

leezee June 23, 2011

The previous weekend, my mother, a friend of hers and myself had visited a lovely facility in Mesa called Village Oaks. Come to find out, Village Oaks is part of Emeritus. When we learned this, we discovered several more facilities in bordering areas and decided to take a drive to Emeritus of Chandler, about ten to twelve miles from the Mesa facility.

Equally impressive, this facility reminds you of a big style home, painted bright white with an almost copper-like trim. Enormous entryway and hallways all covered with hardwood floors.

Just so clean and appealing to the eye. One thing I forgot to mention about the Mesa facility, that this Chandler facility also has are these stunning murals in various places throughout the facility.

The grounds are gorgeous! The rooms are very open and adaptable to almost any type of furniture. Their brochure says they foster an atmosphere of belonging, of home. They not only foster it, they are excellent at creating it.

Some of the friendliest staff I've ever come across! And what really hit home with me was it seemed their cost was substantially lower than other facilities in the area.

Tons of amenities (even if that word sounds over used), they really do offer a sense of community and culture, which to somebody like myself and my mother is important. My mother is a retired RN, a world traveler and wants to still have fun and be social.

From Brookdale Central Chandler

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Central Chandler