Magnolias of Chambersburg

745 Norland Avenue, Chambersburg, PA, 17201

Reviews of Magnolias of Chambersburg

Caring112741950 September 07, 2015

We already have my parents in Magnolias of Chambersburg. We are very pleased with it. The staff is exceptional, friendly, and they know all of the clients' names. The apartments are very nice; I find them the best in the area. The whole place is a very homey atmosphere. It is small but homey. There are 24 rooms for the memory care, and my mother is in one of them; there are 24 rooms in the senior living, and my father is in one of them. They are close enough that they can easily walk back and forth and visit each other, so they are both very pleased with the arrangement. They do as much for the residents as what we would do for our parents. They play Bingo, and they have church groups that come in, birthday parties, and crafts for them. They take them on scenic drives, and they take them out for ice-cream or to restaurants periodically. There is plenty to do. The only downside is they are definitely geared towards the ambulatory. They really aren't staffed to do a lot of heavy nursing. They only have an RN on duty 8 hours a day, and in the off-hours, it's Med-techs. They don't have a physical thereapy facility on-site; they bring in people, but that is just not the same thing because you can't bring in the equipment and everything, so their ability to do physical therapy on-site is limited.

Caring110532950 June 29, 2015

My dad is in The Magnolias. The facility is very clean. The management and the nurses there seem very caring. He is getting quality care. The room is a little smaller than I expected, but it is very clean and very nice. The security appears to be very good. You have to sign and ring a bell to go in. The cleanliness that I see is very good.

I like that he is taken care of and protected. He cannot get out and hurt himself. They bring food over from another facility that they are connected with, but I think that is going to improve.

Rayna1 May 22, 2015

Dad is currently at Magnolias of Chambersburg. The food is institutional, but not bad. My dad likes it. I think they are very caring from what I see. I did not see anything negative from the staff. The grounds are beautiful and very well kept. The facility itself is very lovely. The room that my dad is in has its own bathroom, and they are of good size. It’s very sunny and very nice. They have Bible study, and people come in to sing and entertain the residents. The director is very capable and very good with the residents.

Bob86296350 August 01, 2014

I took my sister to Magnolias twice for respite care. My sister is not a senior, she is intellectually disabled though. I chose this one because the staff to client ratio was pretty good. It is a small facility. We were pleased with their performance the first time around. Everything was fine, but the last time I took her there, they had some problem and I was very unsatisfied. I left my sister there for two weeks. When I returned for her, her hair hadn't been washed for 15 days. Also I thought that the security was a little lax. Thirdly, they instituted a new protocol for clients with fall risk. They were going to put a colored band on my sister's wrist to identify her as a fall risk. When I got there, she didn't have the band on. I pointed to the executive director that I thought they had training and communication issues. Somebody dropped a ball on that. I paid $400 for enhanced care for two weeks on top of $1600 and I didn't have any problem with that, but I went, came back there and found out that her hair hadn't been washed since I dropped her off there, I was very upset.

Thanks so much for your feedback. I am glad that for first stay was successful and am disappointed that your second stay was not. The concerns that you expressed are not to the standards that we expect in our community. We always work to respond very promptly to correct any challenges. After your follow up here and with our community leadership, we re-affirmed our team members understanding of the new program and added more time for caregivers to ensure that others don’t have the same experience. Thanks again for your feedback and hopefully your sister will join us again for a visit in the future.

FormerACM June 10, 2011

Visited this facility

I visited this home as a professional. I was struck with the feel of the place right away. It goes for the at home feel however just barely misses. It feels more like a motel at times however the staff was always very friendly and accommodating. There seemed to be alot of activities that people could participate in and when I was there people were active with chatting, playing cards and seemed to be having an enjoyable experience. The dementia floor seems to be well organized with locked doors and alarms to make sure that if someone were to slip out the door they would be able to be found prior to leaving the building. One very nice thing about this place is that they offer a nice veterans discount which helps many families afford their costs.

From Magnolias of Chambersburg

Magnolias of Chambersburg, a cozy, quaint senior living and memory care community situated in a charming and thriving neighborhood just minutes from historical downtown Chambersburg combines all the amenities, social atmosphere and personalized care of contemporary senior living with the comforts of home.

Historically captivating downtown Chambersburg is just a short drive away, but at Magnolias of Chambersburg you will find beauty right at your doorstep. Our grounds include a beautiful outdoor garden patio that is perfect for friendly gatherings. A covered country porch offers residents a quaint, picturesque view. Inside, we provide a casual living room with an aviary, a long-time favorite for residents as well as visiting guests. There are plenty of other cozy, welcoming areas for families and friends to gather including our club room which has a fireplace, a beautiful dining room, a movie theater, and even our full service salon.

Features of Magnolias of Chambersburg

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: yes

• Housing extra: Studio deluxe
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,513/month

• Staff patient ratio: 8 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 307690