The Pointe at Cedar Park

450 Discovery Blvd., Cedar Park, TX, 78613

Reviews of The Pointe at Cedar Park

Georgia6 January 17, 2015

The Pointe at Cedar Park felt more like a nursing home to me. We had an appointment to see it, but the only person available was the cook, and he was very nice. I would suggest they change their colors and have enough staff so they can do PR with people.

Caring86870150 June 17, 2014

There was nothing welcoming about The Pointe at Cedar Park. There was nobody there to welcome you when you walk in. There was no nice reception area, no nice lobby whatsoever. Its sanitation was okay. Their rooms were definitely spacious; however, the facility looked outdated. They did have activities but not as nearly as neat like what they offered at the other facility.

Andy4 March 21, 2014

Grandma is at Cedar Pointe. All seem to be very adequate and the people are very nice. Unfortunately, they did have a problem with not giving her one of her pills for six weeks. But other than that, they're fairly attentive. She has her own furniture and she is in a fairly sized room.

txrunner March 07, 2013

If your elderly parent is pretty much independent but doesn't want to maintain a house or cook , then this place will be fine for them. If your parent is forgetful or needs more help as you might expect in assisted living, then I would defintely NOT recommend this place. My mom lived here and when we first moved in I was told she'd have 2 showers a week and her laundry and sheets changed weekly along with weekly housecleaning. What actually got provided was another matter. She'd wear the same clothes for days and days and her laundry/housekeeping rarely got done. I doubt she got her showers either. And I say that because why would they have her put on the same dirty clothes ? Mom would get a reminder to come on down to eat, then she'd occasionally forget. So guess what? She started losing weight because nobody there noticed she wasn't eating 3 times a day. With the short staff and 60 residents nobody notices if you don't show up in the diining room. Then after your year lease is up, they try to move you into a higher "level of care" and charge you more. For what? They weren't even providing the services they needed to begin with. I didn't expect anything more than the level of care that was promised but they couldn't even do that. Yes they are a bit less costly than other facilities but you get what you pay for. I have known several families who have removed their loved ones from here because of the poor care. Take a look around - the carpets are getting stained and threadbare and it doesn't smell so great. I found another facility for my mom that actually takes good care of her. She's thriving, gaining weight, and is clean!!

Thank you for your review regarding The Pointe at Cedar Park. My name is Brenda Thompson and I am the new Executive Director. I am sorry to hear you had a negative experience at our community. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care in a family oriented environment, as well as continuous improvement in everything we do. Feedback is important to us, so please feel free to reach out to me directly at 512-259-6525

Andrea70 September 27, 2012

I went here to visit my grandfather and even though he is in a wheel chair he showed me around. There is so much for them to do there like swimming pool ping pong yoga and a lot of other forms of exercise. It is just an overall great facility. The infrastructure looks amazing. Every room comes with a very nice bed a led lcd tv and a fridge and much more. Also the beds are equipped with remotes that call for help if they need it. Safety is a great concern there and they meet all of the expectations from the way my grandfather describes it. Its is just an amazing place for people who need the help. My grandfather has a hip problem that is why he lives there and the take very good care of him. It is an awesome place with a lot of very helpful caring individuals that go to work with smiles on their face every single day.

Sandra6 June 06, 2012

I like the place because it won't take me no more than five minutes to get there. And because it's close it would be much more convenient for me to visit my dad. I don't have to get on any busy streets. I think dad will like that it's a lot smaller facility and with fewer people. It's only one-story building. The dining room there is small which he will also like. His room is where he can just walk out and see the dining area. He can also go outside, sit on the porch, he likes that. I think the place is very homey and comfortable, closer to what's he's used to living in. The one lady I talked to there, who was in her room, said that she really like the place and has been there for about three years! The Director is also extremely helpful, sweet and very nice. Overall the place is wonderful and peaceful.

betty7 January 28, 2012

The facility was clean and easy for residents to navigate. However, the decor was depressing (dark, dreary colors and old-style furniture). Just because one is a senior citizen doesn't mean you don't want to be in a more contemporary-decorated environment.The section for Alzheimer's patients was isolated, small and confining. Granted this population has to be monitored more closely than the general population. However, the area was so small, it seemed more like a prison.

M.Smith September 29, 2011

This facility has clean, spacious rooms; has a caring staff that treats the residents like they would their own family. There were frequent trips outside to historical and education sites, as well as entertainment provided the residents with a wealth of activities to do outside the facility; while certain planned events such as a homemade ice cream social, monthly tea parties, and movie nights entertained those within the facility who could not leave for trips due to health reasons.

From The Pointe at Cedar Park

Senior assisted living at The Pointe at Cedar Park offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At The Pointe at Cedar Park, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Cedar Park has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At The Pointe at Cedar Park, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Intimate one story building with cozy family oriented environment___ Activities all day long, 7 days a week, some of the highlights include regular visits from our pet therapy dogs, book club, garden club and bridge, just to name a few!___beautiful outdoor courtyard with walking trail___ 2.5 miles to Cedar Park Regional Medical Center and and nearby shopping___ Monthly resident outings to points of interest, such as to Mt. Bonnell, Texas State Capital and the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.

Features of The Pointe at Cedar Park

• Psychiatric care
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours
  • Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: AL # 131892
  • State License(s): 030240

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Pointe at Cedar Park