Cost

Contact for details

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Charleston at Cedar Hills

At The Charleston, we focus on our mission and values daily in our resident care. Our residents are some of the finest people in Utah and their lives have meaning and purpose. We feel that our mission is to assist our residents in maintaining their independence, health and dignity at its highest level. We realize that this is our resident's home and we will honor it as such. We are dedicated and loyal health care workers who believe that our seniors have a vital role in today's society. We dedicate ourselves to our residents each and every day by giving 110% of our time, effort and knowledge.

The Charleston features a variety of amenities to satisfy the varied interests of our residents. As you enter our grand foyer, sit and relax a bit while listening to a mini concert on our baby grand piano. If you're hungry, grab a drink and treat from the café. Retire to the library for a quiet moment of reading or enjoy an afternoon at the theater in our media room. Enjoy your meal on the patio or order room service. Whatever you like, it's your choice, your life, your way!

Having a bad hair day? We offer the salon that can satisfy your hair needs. You can also rejuvenate at our exercise and wellness classes. Our RN will keep you on the right track with wellness checks. We'll keep you healthy and active, so you can do what you've always wanted to do.

Reviews of The Charleston at Cedar Hills

Posted by anonymous104602650 January 18, 2015
4.0

The Charleston was a nice facility, and it looked like it was relatively new. The place was clean. The residents seemed to be happy and well cared for. They have small apartment-like units, and you can put your own furniture in. They have cleaning services available. It was very nice, and the people were helpful and friendly. The dining area was very nice, and they have a small gym.

Posted by Rick26 November 07, 2014

We did a facility for my wife. We quite liked it, but the challenge was that my wife didn't fit in very well, so she didn't stay. She was at The Charleston at Cedar Hills. She was in and out of there in two weeks. I went and toured several facilities that Caring.com recommended, and this was the nicest facility in the bunch. The facility was very nice, very clean, very well kept, and very well managed. The challenge wasn't with the facility, the challenge was with my wife. Nevertheless, the staff was very friendly and attentive. The rooms were clean and larger than most places. The dining room was really nice, big, and spacious. It was very well taken care of and very clean. They're serving varying amount of foods. Regarding activities, they had a great library, a nice walking path area around the unit, and a beauty salon, and it was very nice. In fact, my wife used it several times. Overall, I like The Charleston because it was very clean and very well lit, the rooms were larger than the other places that I toured, and the people really seemed to care a lot of bit about their tenants, more so than the other places that I visited. I would highly recommend the facility. It was a great facility.

Posted by relation October 18, 2014
2.0

Our family became very disillusioned with our relatives care. It seemed wonderful at first but as needs became greater our relative was treated unkindly and facility did not do what they agreed to do for her.

Posted by Jhfamily September 11, 2014
1.0

Do not rely upon their assurances that your loved can and will be allowed to "age in place". While they are more than willing to charge for level three, four and five care, they are either unable or unwilling to allocate more than one aid per resident on a consistent basis. We were raised from level two to level four status (and our monthly bill went up by thousands) and were assured that additional aids would be consistently available to assist with the personable needs of our family member. Only one aid was consistently sent, however, despite the substantial increase in care cost. When it became impossible for a single aid (though we were already paying for additional aids) to care for our family member, we were evicted. She was definitely not allowed to "age in place".

Posted by Elizabeth43 September 08, 2014

The Charleston was very nice. It was fairly new and it looked like they had fairly good care. It was kind of small. Their rooms were smaller than what we needed. It would be OK it they were a little larger. They had activities and things like puzzles, people came in to perform, study groups and religious services. The woman gave us a very nice tour. She was very knowledgeable, kind and easy to talk to. She answered all of our questions. Their dining room was very nice and very well put together. The whole place is clean and decorated nicely. They were great for what they offered and I would recommend it to others.

Posted by Simeon September 07, 2014
1.0

This beauty is only skin deep. Very disappointing. My sister-in-law stayed here for several months. As her condition deteriorated, so did the service and the care. Promises were not kept. Hurtful things were done and said by staff. And within a week of telling my sister-in-law they wanted her to stay and would tend to her increasing needs, they told the family she had to be out within a few days and that the facility was unsafe for her. (Apparently, using only one person to assist her getting up out of bed when two should have been used, she was dropped!) And the last two days of her stay, they forced the family to pay an extra $480/day for someone to sit in her room for 24 hours/day. This was completely unnecessary, expensive and embarrassing to her. We are looking to report her ill treatment to the local ombudsman. The extraordinary unprofessional manner displayed here after the kind and caring front was devastating. Buyer beware!

Posted by Judy 2 October 29, 2012

My father was in The Charleston for three months. It was a large facility with more sophisticated care. They have an activities director, church services, beautiful dining room where residents could pick from a menu. The food was excellent. The building itself was very nice. I think they try hard to do their job. But my father's condition progressed to the point where he was wandering. And the facility is not contained, so there was a possibility that he could wander away. That was one of the reasons that we had to move him to a more self-contained place. They tried hard to help him and I think that they're very good facility. I was impressed with them.

Posted by Andrew 1 October 17, 2012

The Charleston didn't come furnished, but we weren't looking for a furnished one anyway. It has a private bath, very spacious and nice accommodations. Well-kept, very nice employees, it's a great place. I would recommend this facility.

Posted by Joseph Newell June 12, 2012
4.0

Honestly I feel like they do a great job. She has her own place that consists of a living room, bathroom, and bedroom. They allowed my grandmother to bring in all of her old things. It looks just like her old place. The staff seems very nice and caring. I have never seen one act inappropriately or frustrated with anyone. I even dated one of the girls that works there. The food seemed OK. They have a rotating menu and an a la carte section that stays constant. It was nothing incredible, but it gave enough variety to work. The quality of the food was medium. Nothing really special, but also not just a piece of burnt toast and mush.They frequently have events for all those that live there. Performances, games, etc. to try and keep them entertained. My grandmother never says anything negative about the place, even though she prefers not to go to dinner, just lunch.

Posted by marychg June 04, 2012
4.0

My mother has lived at the Charleston for over two years now. We are very pleased with the care and concern of all the staff. They are friendly, very helpful, always cheerful, and kind. We feel perfectly at ease knowing that our mother is in such a clean, friendly environment. The one complaint that she has is that the food is sometimes not very good. She loves fresh vegetables and fruits and she says there are not many of those served. We would recommend the Charleston to anyone looking for a clean, friendly, safe, and pleasant environment for their loved one.

Posted by CHanagan November 04, 2011

My mom has lived at The Charleston since 2006. It is a beautiful place with staff far better than most facilities. I stay with my mom for 4-7 days every couple of months, so I know how the staff interacts with the residents. The staff loves the residents and I had NEVER seen any unkind or inappropriate act there. I grew up visiting nursing homes, etc. and I know a good facility. This is top notch. There are gorgeous paintings and decor that reflects the original owners southern touches, being from Charleston, SC. Along with the posh decor the dining facility provides a large variety of cuisine and the food is good. I eat there 3 meals a day when visiting my mom. There is also a lot of activities for the residents daily, exercise programs, a salon and physical therapy too. The community comes in several times a week and sing, or provides musical entertainment of some type for the residents. They love this! They also take them shopping once a week and go for trips to see the fall colors in the canyon or to see a theatrical play, that and more. I trust the Charleston and my mothers' care more than any other place I've visited. This is the best assisted living facility ever!

Posted by anonymous44 June 23, 2011

This facility is absolutely gorgeous, something akin to a resort or 5-star hotel, just the sort of vacation-like facility that the residents have earned and deserved. The residents are treated so well that I think my friend is getting a little spoiled. She has everything she could need, especially friendship and close relationships with the staff and other residents. They have all sorts of activities. My friend was in raptures over a fashion show a week or so ago, entertained immensely by the employees. She's also mentioned something about an upcoming birthday party. I'm glad she's being treated so well. Her family no longer worries about her and neither do I.

Location of The Charleston at Cedar Hills

Features of The Charleston at Cedar Hills

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Lowest monthly rate: 2,275
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Get Details