Charlestown

715 Maiden Choice Lane, Catonsville, MD, 21228

Reviews of Charlestown

LovelyLady00000173 February 26, 2014

Charlestown is huge and has a very big campus. It was very daunting and I had a slight limp so I was wondering how it would work out going from one end to the other for different activities. The rooms are small and not quite fair. The people I saw liked it very much and it had a positive atmosphere. It had just about any amenity you want. It has a swimming pool, exercise room and it has many activities. They also had transportation to take them to various places.

Richard39 November 28, 2013

I will be moving to Charlestown Retirement Community and a friend of mine is living there. It is a very nice and attractive place. I met the sales people and they are very courteous. They have six dining rooms and the menu is adequate. They have an underwater thread mill, which I think is interesting.

caring0502113 May 13, 2013

Charlestown is in a lovely area. The facility was just too big and too active for my mother. It was overwhelming for her. However, people there were accommodating and caring. The place was very clean. It was very safe, which was a big thing I noticed.

msmith12 December 04, 2012

The Charlestown campus is beautiful. It's a huge campus that feels more like a nice neighborhood when you're driving through it. I spent time in one of the main meeting areas. The lobby area of this building was very nice, on par with a hotel. A staff member was also at the front desk to help people looking for a particular room. On a few occasions, I visited the resident at her apartment at Charlestown (we remained in touch after the project ended). It was a very nice one-bedroom apartment and she was even allowed to have a dog. Every staff member that I interacted with at Charlestown was pleasant and friendly.

ravensgirl July 06, 2012

The staff at Charlestown are very professional and seem quite happy to assist the residents. Staff members go out of their way to meet the residents' needs. Staff members are friendly and courteous to residents and visitors. The facilities here are clean and modern. Charlestown takes pride in maintaining its buildings. The food served here is quite good. There is a variety of food to meet the needs of all diners. The transportation service at Charlestown is very convenient and a nice feature for the residents. There is also lots for the residents to do at Charlestown. There are movies shown regularly, and there are game nights and concerts planned as well. The campus is beautiful, and it is easy to get around. There is a sophisticated security system, which helps provide peace of mind for residents. The residents and their families I have encountered have all been very friendly. It really does feel like a family for the residents there. I would recommend Charlestown to anyone, and everyone I know who has lived there has been very happy with it.

AgingStudiesStudent May 08, 2012

At first glance Catonsville's Erickson Living assisted living community is perfect. A beautiful, historically fuelled campus accents beautiful roomy buildings. On the inside, the facility continues to surprise with kind staff and clean facilities. Every resident gets their own room; despite this the sense of community is strong. I was invited to lunch by a group of residents on my first visit! My family is pretty young, and fortunately my grandparents still retain independence. The inevitable day will come however, that they will require a little extra help. Catonsville's Erickson Living assisted living community is a place I would even consider for my own family. The only downfall I could see between visits was a possible lack of activities. Residents keep occupied with each other and television, but a degree of community planning would be welcome. Even with this complaint, I am willing to give this assisted living community five stars for its amazing staff and facilities.

From Charlestown

Catonsville assisted living is better at Renaissance Gardens, where you or your loved one have access to all the amenities and activities of the 110-acre Charlestown campus. We're the perfect option for people who are in generally good health, but who could use extra assistance with meals or managing medications.

Our Catonsville assisted living residents enjoy a private apartment. You're free to furnish and decorate your space however you wish. Most importantly, you or your loved one will receive expert care from our experienced providers.

Renaissance Gardens offers the ideal balance of independence and support. Residents of our Catonsville assisted living center are encouraged to pursue their own interests and engage with life.

Location of Charlestown