Baywood Court ASSISTED LIVING

21966 Dolores Street, Castro Valley, CA, 94546

Reviews of Baywood Court | ASSISTED LIVING

September 30, 2015

By Jennifer108746750

Baywood Court was very clean, nice, and quiet. There were a lot of people, the dining facility was communal and cafeteria style, so 5 people would sit at the table and know each other. It was not assisted living, so it was not a good fit. The rooms were really nice and basic with a bed and a dresser. They had church on Sundays, Bingo, and movies. The staff was really nice, gave me a tour, and answered all my questions.

Dear Jennifer, Thank you for visiting Baywood Court and posting a review. Baywood Court does in fact provide 3 levels of care: Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Rehab Care. We have a very active community with a wide range of activities, a swimming pool and hot tub, a library, convenience store and beauty/barber salon. We have a long-term, caring staff who really enjoy working with Seniors. We are available for tours every day of the week and look forward to welcoming you back should you like to take another look at us.

May 13, 2015

Baywood Court is a beautiful facility. The people are great, and the residents are super friendly. They have all sorts of programs for my mom, and it is a wonderful facility. I cannot say enough good things about it. She has a two-bedroom, one-bath apartment with a beautiful balcony overlooking the courtyard and the gazebo. They have entertainment in their gazebo, and she can sit on her balcony and watch that. She has a great size living room, two nice size bedrooms, a wonderful bathroom, a terrific kitchen, and a dining room, and it was a wonderful unit.

April 13, 2015

By Judi9

One of the places that we visited for a relative was Baywood. It had independent living, assisted living, and up to actual nursing care. The staff and the residents were extremely friendly, and it just seemed like a big happy family. They were really helpful too as far as making her feel comfortable about any decision that she was about to make. I had the opportunity to eat there when my mother was there because they used to have birthday dinners for the people that lived there, and the food was great.

February 19, 2015

By Wendy29

I think they are amazing at Baywood Court. They are thorough, they stay on top of everything, their communication is excellent, and it is definitely an excellent value. I've found that you actually get a little more there for your money than some of the other places I visited. I would definitely recommend them to other people. I have already recommended them to one other family that I know, and they are now considering the facility. My grandmother is very happy with the food and the activities. In fact, if she can't make it to the activities, sometimes they bring the activity to her. She happened to miss the arts and crafts class because she had a doctor's appointment, and a couple of the staff members came in and did beading with her. They made a beaded necklace and matching bracelet, and then the same thing with the floral. She missed it because of another doctor's appointment, a couple of staff members came in, and I actually know someone that works in the facility, and she came in and took her to do another activity as an alternative. And then, she missed the therapy dog -- and that is one of her favorites -- and they brought the therapy dog to her on a different day personally for one-on-one care. They go above and beyond and actually exceeded the expectations that I had. It is very clean, well-maintained, extraordinarily safe, and well-guarded. They are really a fantastic facility.

August 30, 2012

By SalamatPO

My Grandfather was a resident at Baywood Court for just over five years. My family was very pleased with the facility and staff. The place is clean and well run, and the staff is friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a retirement community in the San Francisco Bay Area I would not hesitate to recommend Baywood Court as a wonderful choice. As a guest I was always treated well, and my Grandfather never had anything bad to say about the place (which for him was rare). There are many activities for the residents, and people generally seem happy to be there. The food was decent, and there is a nice "Dining Hall" area where residents congregate and socialize. Meals were healthy, balanced and well prepared. (I even ate a few times there myself). The only reason we eventually relocated him to another facility was because he started needing 24 hour care due to early stages of schizophrenia. We felt Baywood was not the ideal place anymore under those new circumstances.

February 29, 2012

By AnnoDomini

This is a friendly and supportive location with attentive, interested staff and great facilities. The meals are very good and diverse options are provided. The central court offers a great view. Laundry facilities are available at no extra charge. I feel very safe having my grandmother there. There are great activities and healthy living is promoted. She has taken advantage of these opportunities and has made good friends in the brief time she's been there. The only drawback is limited guest parking at lunchtime.

July 27, 2011

By scoopem

Ok facility, seems to be a little short on help. Clean, well kept.

Photos of Baywood Court

Services & Amenities of Baywood Court

• Fee Structure Extra: Level 1 Is Included In Rent Level 2 $11 Per Day Level 3 $23 Per Day Level 4 $33 Per Day Level 5 $44 Per Day

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Renal

• Hindi

• Licenses: RCFE

About Baywood Court

Nestled in the welcoming town of Castro Valley, Baywood Court is a caring multi-level retirement community. Our sociable,nonprofit community features,independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing health center options—all in one beautiful place that feels like home.

Enjoying the Baywood Court Life:

• Travel, cultural events, community celebrations, workshops and classes
  • Scheduled and on-call transportation for shopping and appointments
  • Catered parties by arrangement
  • Raised gardening beds
  • Housekeeping services and maintenance
  • Laundry facilities on every floor
  • Private balconies and patios
  • Full kitchens with appliances
  • Guest room
  • Front-desk receptionist around the clock
  • Connecting with the Baywood Community
  • Fine dining with buffet and table service
  • All day dining
  • Beauty and barber salon
  • Cubby Hole convenience store
  • Fix-it shop
  • Computer lab
  • Art gallery
  • Circulation library
  • Exercise gym with visiting fitness instructors
  • Putting green and lawn-game area
  • Heated swimming pool and spa

Especially for Our Assisted Living Residents:

• Assistance with bathing, dressing, and daily living activities
  • Medication management
  • 24-hour support staff
  • Wearable emergency response device

Embracing the Benefits of Baywood Court:

• Month-to-month rentals
  • No buy-in or hidden fees
  • Emergency response system in apartments
  • Dedicated, resident-focused staff
  • Sociable community with active resident voices

Map of Baywood Court