Woodland Terrace Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.6

December 28, 2013

By Kenneth8

My mom is at Woodland Terrace. Her cottage was larger than what we really wanted and her room is beautiful. It's big and spacious. The landscaping is great. We chose it simply because it was in a good location and they had a space available. Since we've been there, we really enjoyed it a lot. The people there are very nice and very friendly. Everybody is great. They have physicians once a week and that's really nice. My mother is extremely impressed with the food. She really likes it. They will be having a Christmas dinner this week and so I will have the chance to try their food. Her favorite activity there is an archeology class and they have a church service. I think a couple times a week there is a Sunday Bible study and she really liked that. They have a very good teacher. She goes to their exercise room. It's like a very small gym with very nice and upscale equipment. She likes that a lot too. They also play volleyball with balloons with the residents. I can't think of anything that they need to change except if they were just a little less expensive, that would be great.

August 30, 2013

By May251

It was beautiful. The room that I saw was large and had a lovely view. The people and their dining room were very nice. They had activities. However, they had a very long waiting list.

March 22, 2013

Woodland Terrace was noted for their dementia care, so we opted for the facility. The staff was accommodating. They had physical therapy, memory care activites and social activities. I would strongly suggest this facility to others.

August 08, 2012

By Charlie5

Very nice facility. My Mother enjoys the pool and it is the only facility in the Raleigh-Durham-Cary area that I found that does have a pool. The food there looks and tastes delicious. The staff is very friendly to my parents and also to me. Things are handled in a timely manner. There are lots of activities and the clients can choose what they are interested in doing. All in all they provide very good care for my parents. The facility is clean, smells fresh and the grounds are kept well. My parents like the courtyard with the bird feeders and the beautiful flowers. Next best thing to being at home.

July 24, 2012

By rmkeegan

My wife and I visited several facilities with our widowed neighbor. This neighbor is considering selling her home and wanted us to come along with her as she toured each facility.Immediately upon driving up to Woodland Terrace we were impressed on how well kept the grounds were. It had stormed violently the day before, but everything looked spotless with no residual debris visible.As soon as we entered the home, we were greeted by a representative who looked us in the eye, shook our hands and offered us a seat. She explained what this residence had to offer including the apartment sizes, amenities, recreational activities, food service, medical care and the graduated living levels including independent, assisted living and dementia.Our tour of the facility was personal, our questions were answered promptly and with knowledge. The residents seemed happy and we were glad to see that the common areas were used for family gatherings and found the interior decorations and furniture to be warm, inviting and elegant.Although our neighbor wasn't ready to make a decision about her future living options, she told us that Woodland Terrace was the kind of place she would like to call home some day.

January 25, 2012

By sunside3174

My mother stays at Woodland Terrace in Cary. It is a large, beautiful retirement community. Her apartment is similar to a mini-house. Mom's apartment is spaciously designed with living room, bedroom, and kitchen with all appliances. Mom is served healthy meals by waitstaff in the dining room. I've eaten meals there and I can vouch for the quality of food served. However, mom sometimes complains that it would be nice to have more variety. Perhaps kitchen chefs could try changing the menu more frequently. Woodlance Terrace has 22 acres of land with a small pond, and they offer residents (and guests) the opportunity to play Putt-Putt golf on the grounds. Mom especially enjoys walking the paved trail around the community. She has made many friends, and it's not the typical retirement crowd of folks who sit around watching TV all day long. Residents are active with planned activities, social events, exercise, games and monthly outings. The employees seem to genuinely care about the residents, and I can highly recommend Woodland Terrace.

January 25, 2012

By yankees005

The Woodland Terrace assisted living facility in Cary, North Carolina is a great community. The buildings are on a professionally designed 22 acre landscape. The flowers and green grass everywhere are very inviting and create a sense of compassion. Woodland Terrace cares about their landscape, so this care reflects on their attitude towards their residents. The buildings are modeled after old style southern country homes. This is aspect of the facility is very comforting. The architecture along with the landscape architecture give a sense of privacy and seclusion. Inside the amenities are even better. Every meal is catered by a professional chef. Every meal is served in the beautiful dining room overlooking the lake on the grounds. When I toured the facility, this was a major dealbreaker for me. The catered meals definitely would make me consider living here if I was a senior. In addition, the staff and the other residents were neighborly and kind.

Features of Woodland Terrace

• Low Salt

• Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

About Woodland Terrace

Woodland Terrace is ideally located in Cary, North Carolina, a community recently recognized as one of the top ten places to live in the United States. The spacious Woodland Terrace Campus is close to shopping, entertainment, medical services and the thriving triad business center. Set on 22-acres of lush landscaped grounds, the community provides a full continuum of senior lifestyle options, flexible services and resort-style amenities. Life at Woodland Terrace is vibrant, fulfilling and as busy or carefree as you desire. We have great options like the active lifestyle of our cottage residences or the independent service enriched lifestyle of our apartment homes.

As a member of the Woodland Terrace community, you will enjoy a thoughtfully arranged, relationship rich environment that encourages independence for seniors at various stages of life. Whether your passion is swimming early morning laps, taking a walk around the lake, working in the garden or sharing an afternoon with family and friends, you will have the opportunity to celebrate your uniqueness. You can choose to participate in a variety of planned social events, educational classes and group activities where you can spark your own imagination and inspire others. Life at Woodland Terrace provides all the comforts of home with none of the responsibilities. We take care of everything so you don't have to!

Map of Woodland Terrace