Brookdale MacArthur Park

Reviews of Brookdale MacArthur Park

Overview of Ratings

4.2

November 24, 2014

My husband has decided with Carolina House of Cary. We’re just very pleased. It’s very clean. He’s in a companion room; there are two beds, two chests, two bedside tables, a recliner, and there’s a bathroom inside the room. All the staff is very knowledgeable and very friendly. My husband is happy so it’s OK. He’s been there only a couple of weeks, so I can’t tell much about the activities. They mentioned and gave me a calendar of activities, but at this time, he doesn’t need them. He’s going to therapy three times and seven different ones. I haven’t eaten there, but he likes the food and the dining area. They have choices when they go. We are impressed that everybody knows his name, and he’s able to get around. They have a living room facility, a sun room facilit,y and different large areas that he can go to; he doesn’t just stay in his room.

August 13, 2014

He is at the Carolina House of Cary. He’s been there since the beginning of June. It did not go smoothly as we hoped initially. My dad’s needs are greater than an average person who is going to assisted living. So he had a couple of fault in the beginning and some issues. He buzzes for a caregiver to come and it takes 20 mins before a caregiver could come. However, the staff and the management are responsive now. They’re all nice to him and they talk to him. It has gotten better. Overall, it’s a nice facility. I picked them after I looked at several because it has a homey feel more than an institutional feel. When you go in there, they have a library and little living spaces. He has a nice sized room. They do have activities in the activity room. The biggest thing to me is the response time and the call system. He has a tiny call button and he doesn’t see it well. He pushes it and if they don’t come, he pushes it again for 6 times and he deactivates it. I’ve asked them if we could get a different kind, something bigger. The tiny red light comes up and I can’t see the light too. That was something I suggested to them. Some areas would be a 5 but some areas would be lower. However, I am satisfied and I’m not moving him.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are happy to hear that your father is enjoying the community! Your feedback is always appreciated and your concerns regarding the call system and response time will be reviewed.

May 10, 2014

I didn't like Carolina House much. During the tour, the lady was really nice. But I don't think the other staff was nice as she was. The rooms in the assisted living part were pretty small. It's much closer to my home.

Photos of Brookdale MacArthur Park

Features of Brookdale MacArthur Park

• State Licenses: HAL-092-027

About Brookdale MacArthur Park

Brookdale MacArthur Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale MacArthur Park