Carson Retirement Center

345 E. Carson Street, Carson, CA, 90745

Reviews of Carson Retirement Center

Average Rating:

Charisse1 April 30, 2013

Carson Senior was absolutely fabulous. It was very clean and the smell was excellent. The staff was excellent, too.

Grace F. November 14, 2012

Carson Retirement Center offers a fair, adequate level of care for the patient. The facility is older, a little gloomy in appearance, and seems to offer rooms for those that are concerned about bottom line affordability and budget concerns. The staff members are friendly and willing to serve the basic needs of the patients. Overall, this facility offers basic, no frills housing.

Lily69 November 22, 2011

This place is being remodeled and is looking great. My mother has been here for two years and she loves this place. The staff is great. The other residents seem to be happy here too. Its like a big happy family.

Titanic1909 November 14, 2011

This facility has more structure for the residents than some of the other facilities. They have field trips set up for the residents, including to Las Vegas. There's a bulletin board that shows the activities for the week. It's a good place for the residents to be.

The food was good "“ I had lunch there. I had chicken and salad and corn.

The facility doesn't look very impressive from the outside, but it's decent. The grounds are flat and have nice landscaping. They have a few gardens.

The common areas inside are pretty big. The furnishings in the common rooms look pretty good "“ maybe an 8 out of 10.

Some residents here do have their own little room, and some have to share. Most of them I saw had their own rooms.

The staff were friendly and social with the residents. I think I would give the staff an 8 or 9 out of 10 for training. The management was informative and cordial when I asked questions.

I wish it were bigger and could hold more residents.

Caringsenior November 07, 2011

I think Carson senior assisted living facility is not a good facility. While there, I witnessed staff members not taking care of the members. Some of the residences were outside without any body observing /monitoring them. They whole place smell nasty. They staff members do not monitor who comes in or exit the building. Iam a bit worried about safety. I was disappointed when I requested for a chart of a resident and it was given to me without considering HIPPA law. I would not recommend this place.

In general, I would rank this facility two out of five stars.

monika98 October 14, 2011

Just placed my aunt at this facility. They are in the process of remodeling the building, which is looking great,, I think we got in at just the right time. Staff is very friendly and helpful.. I would recommend this place for your loved one.

ampylozano September 27, 2011

As soon as i walked into this facility there is a distinct smell that i didn't like.The personnels are not very friendly and helpful. the place looks old and dirty.I lost interest in touring the entire facility because my first impression is already ruined. And the residents do not look very happy. I would not recommend this facility to anyone i know.

rookie August 05, 2011

This place is awful. They were recently issued a citation for lack of observation of the residents, citation #87466. Know someone who was was suffering from dehydration, fell and had to be hospitalized. His kidneys had stopped functioning. He was a resident for 19 days.

About Carson Retirement Center

Carson Retirement Center is an assisted living facility in Carson, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Carson Retirement Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Carson Retirement Center