Brookdale Carrollton

530 Northside Drive, Carrollton, GA, 30117

Reviews of Brookdale Carrollton

Caring86959650 July 31, 2014

We have looked into Horizon Bay. The staff was accommodating and helpful. The rooms were fine, but were kind of small. We were somewhat impressed, but at the same time, we knew that it had meals served with it so immediately it was a turn off because we were not interested in that kind of situation.

anonymous77230950 April 24, 2014

My dad was in Horizon Bay for nine days. It’s a nice facility, but we have to transfer him to another facility that’s locked down. The facility is clean, and the staff was very nice. The price is comparable with the others around. Everyone was nice during our tour there, and we were taken around the different areas of the facility.

Caring80607050 March 26, 2014

My mother had some friends at Horizon Bay, and they were happy there, so she moved in there. The staff was very nice and very knowledgeable. Her room is fine; small, but she wanted it small. The food is good. They have a variety of food on the menu, and you can order off of them. They take them shopping, to eat, to church, they have bingo, all kinds of card games and bible study.

KateT3 February 01, 2014

My in laws lived there and really enjoyed it. It was clean, very spacious (in most apts), the food was good, and the employees were very friendly. My niece worked in the kitchen as a server, working her way through college, and said they were very nice people to work for. The only reason we eventually had to move my in laws out was because he would wander off the premises. They did not have the memory ward like a lot of these places have. My only complaint was that they didn't have someone at the desk when you first go in and also that the bible studies took place in the front room. If you were coming to visit someone you would be walking right through the bible study or church service. I didn't understand why they didn't have a big room like that built to the back or upstairs of the building to give them privacy. But anyway when he wandered off he would walk way up to K-mart (a good distance) and get too hot in the summer. The last time he wandered off the police picked him up and brought him back. I told my husband if it happened enough they might turn him over to the police. So we finally moved him to the Benton House in Douglasville where they had a memory ward. We hated to move them because they were happy there, had made many friends and overall enjoyed living there. If your parent needs some assistance, social activities and someone else to cook for them then I very much recommend Horizon Bay but if they need more than that I recommend looking else where.

Debbie32 July 26, 2013

My mom used to stay at Horizon Bay and we thought it was the best place we had ever seen. She had an apartment there which was very nice. She was allowed to bring her own furniture. She had a small kitchen with a refrigerator and microwave. She had her own bath and her own TV. She had a recliner to her bed and a walk in closet. The staff was wonderful. When we first went to Horizon Bay everyone told us how good the food was and we met with the man who runs the kitchen and they would go up and ask you what you wanted for breakfast and that was wonderful. The food was excellent. They had their bus and they went on field trips. They went shopping and had their doctor's appointments. They had exercise rooms and they had bingo. She was very happy with Horizon Bay. But she got to the point that she could not look after herself. That's why she had to go to a nursing facility. We were heart broken when we had to move her. I would recommend Horizon Bay to others.

Beverly15 May 31, 2013

We are going to sign a lease on Horizon Bay for my mother within the next day or two. The place is very pleasant and clean. It's a happy place. Fifteen members of my mother's church are already there, so she has a lot of people she knows there. She seems to enjoy the place. It looks like the other residents are happy and quite content as well.

029 October 24, 2012

I'm positive to this. I love the way they had gaming tables, tv's and comfortable seats. Mostly I got fascinated by the whirlpool, and of course the spa. It's like everything is in one place, a little city of things. A dining room and even in a restaurant style way. Really lovely place to visit and very good "support" with 24/7 effort.

Caring488112 March 13, 2012

Horizon is a wonderful facility that is truly understands the need of the Geriatric community. The staff is compassionate and warm. The residents are happy, alert and bright. When the staff engages the residents you can see the care and compassion between them. The rooms are simply cozy and homey very spacious. The activities here will make a 30 year old tired. There are arts and crafts, movie, computer instruction, educations classes, gardening, golfing, bridge, Bingo to name a few. The grounds are beautiful and welcoming to relax and feel safe and secure. The cook here is talented and the foods are made from scratch so more healthy options are available. There are simply no problems I could find here. The facility is amazing and your loved one will be well cared for here.

appreciative_one February 28, 2012

This is a very nice and organized facility. My great grandmother was in this facility for over three years. She was very well taking care of. Every one of the care takers that I met was very nice and caring. Mary was one of the best people I have ever met in my life. There was a time when my great grandmother fell. They took her to the hospital and made sure I was notified. At least one of her care takers visited her each day until she was released from the hospital back to them. My great grandmother and whole family were very pleased with Horizon bay. The facility was very nice and the rooms were very spacious. The staff made sure that the place stayed clean. They would also get together and have events for all of the residents to get to know each other and have fun. I really appreciated all their help.

From Brookdale Carrollton

Brookdale Carrollton provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Carrollton