Belmont Village Geneva Road

Reviews of Belmont Village Geneva Road

Overview of Ratings

4.5

June 16, 2015

I knew somebody that was in Belmont Village. It was very good, and the location was good. It was just a little bit larger. The rooms were larger also. The staff were very helpful. It was a good tour, and they answered my questions. They go to restaurants and shopping, and they bring in entertainment.

April 22, 2015

We chose Belmont Village because of its location. It is close to where I work and also to my brother’s house. We wanted to be able to visit our mother several times a week. Also, it is a very lovely place. It is well-kept, and it has a great reputation. The pricing was very good. I went through the whole range of price,s and they were in the ball park of what we wanted to spend. They are actually wonderful, caring people. It turned out to be a very good thing for my mom and for us as well. I am very happy with them.

February 19, 2015

It's been 3 weeks since my sister moved into Belmont Village, and right now everything is going smoothly. The staff was great, and they are really taking good care of her. All in all, I am very pleased with the facility that she is in right now.

July 31, 2014

My father is in Belmont Village. I choose it because it is close to my house, well-staffed and they seem to take care of my dad's needs right there. There is hospital less than five miles away and there's a mall in the east coast which is about three or four miles away. There are activities like live entertainments every weeks, movies, games and all kinds of activities with memory, but he does not participate. His room has a walk-in shower, which is what he needs. However, I will say that communication is definitely a downfall.

July 23, 2014

By Tina25

We liked everything about Belmont Village at Geneva Road. The initial visit was very friendly and informative. I would have to say, of all the places that we've visited, they gave us the most useful information and were the most helpful. We actually ended up choosing them for our mother, but my mother wasn't able to stay long because she had to go back to the hospital. She was only there for about a month. The staff was great. I have nothing bad to stay about them. The food was pretty good. There were a lot of activities going on, and it was very nice. I saw some people gardening, going on outings, doing arts and crafts. They just have a whole bunch of activities. I even wanted to move in myself.

May 20, 2014

It's a lot better putting my husband at Belmont Village; wish I had done this to begin with. They have levels of care but he's still in the assisted living. It impresses me that an RN is in the building and on duty 24/7. They have their own staff that fits to his need 24 hours a day but that would be extra pay. Right now, I'm very pleased. I think his room at Belmont is larger or it's just the way it was configured. It's very bright and the bathroom is nice even if it's not huge. When we moved his furniture in, they couldn't be more cooperative. They're very accommodating too. They check on them frequently at night and seemed very concerned to everyone. Cleanliness is great, no odor. It's a very up to date place.

September 27, 2013

By Caring1997

The food was very, very good at Belmont Village. The facility is very clean and of nice size. The people were very pleasant. It's a very nice place. The staff were very good and very professional.

March 01, 2013

By BeatlesFan1964

I am so disappointed in this place. My mom has lived there for a while now and recently had to go to the hospital and then get physical therapy at a skilled nursing home afterwards. Belmont Village talks about how great their all-inclusive rates are, but I learned that while my mom spent almost 3.5 months out of the community getting physical therpay, we did not receive any credits for her care. When I asked managment about getting money back for the care she wasn't receiving, she said it was in the contract and since everythingis bundled together that they didn;t owe me anything!!! My mom doesn;t have tons of money to waste, and that is exactly what this place is doing. I am currently looking into other options for her so more money isn't spent unnecessarily.

August 21, 2012

By querencia

The interior and grounds are well kept. The staff seemed friendly and relaxed. The grounds are not as large as several of the other facilities I have visited, but they are okay for short walks and they have a very pleasant garden behind the facility. The apartment are either single or what they call "companion" apartments. The apartments are adequate but not as spacious as others I have seen. I had the distinct impression that there could be some pressure from staff to "mingle" and interact with other residents, rather than spending time alone in your room. This would make me think twice about this facility, but that is just my personal preferences and personality. I write and paint and I prefer solitude for these endeavors, so mingling is not a priority for me. The food is okay. I have been engaged in gourmet cooking for a number of years, and it was nt up to my standards, although the residents seemed quite happy with it. One other thing is that this is located in a farming area. It is near Wheaton and Carol Streem (two rather rural small cities). I think I would miss having easy access to a major metropolitan area, and may focus more on facilities near such cities in the future. This is okay, but not for me.

May 16, 2012

By AEB319

The staff at Belmont Village of Geneva Road is very polite and professional. I enjoy the fact that they often greet people by name, whether they are visitors or individuals who live in the home. They take great care of my aunt, who can be somewhat difficult to get along with and reclusive. They encourage her to interact with others in the home and go out of their way to talk to her when they see her. They also have a lot of activities which encourage her to leave her room and interact with other, this is why we felt that Belmont Village would be the best place for her. More generally, Belmont Village is clean, with a cheery and welcoming atmosphere. It's somewhere in which you can tell that people would be happy living. The home and the grounds are well-maintained, and the people who work there and the people who live there always seem in good cheer.

April 14, 2012

By jganneck1

My family struggled with the decision to move my grandmother into assisted living but she needed the assistance. We visited a number of facilities and we decided on Belmont Village Senior Living. It's a large, clean facility and it offers a variety of amenities. There are planned activities and plenty of opportunities to socialize. You are not forced to take part in activities so if my grandmother felt like being alone in her room it is okay. Every time we have visited the staff has been caring and we felt like my grandmother was in good hands. There is a beautiful garden behind the facility and we enjoy walking with her when the weather allows. There have been a number of times when we visited and we found a staff member working with a group of senior citizens on a craft or a project. Visitors are welcome and the staff members don't mind when our three-year-old son gets a little too excited or loud. They are patient and kind.

December 19, 2011

By Social Wk Care Mngr

This is assisted living and memory care from a provider that does a nice job overall. Carol Stream is one of the earlier Belmont Villages in Illinois, compared say to Belmont Village of Oak Park, which came a number of years later. The facility is situated in a nice, safe residential neighborhood a bit off the main road. Outdoor space is somewhat limited, but it is possible to go for a walk in the adjoining residential area on well maintained sidewalks. The interior of the building has an above average amount of pleasant and comfortable common areas that nicely accommodate residents and families, including a snack-bar "bistro" area, "living room" area, and numerous smaller sitting areas. The decor is tasteful and down-to-earth and provides a nice, warm home-like feel. Resident apartments are available in several configurations at differing price-points. Most but not all are single studios. All apartments, including the smaller studios, provide ample space since most residents will choose to spend more time engaged with others and less time in their rooms. The mechanicals, fixtures, and aesthetic elements are very well maintained. Closet and storage space is not excessive but is average to above average for this type of setting. The food, as with other Belmont Village locations, is quite good and certainly above average in quality and presentation. Staffing levels are fairly consistent with enough staff to meet resident needs. Caring, compassionate and respectful service is the norm.

November 17, 2011

By dadrummerchitown90

My family has begun to look for assisted living for my ailing mother. This was one of the closest facilities that I could find. I really enjoyed the surroundings and the feel of the place. It provided a great sense of independence that I think is quite important to what my mom would really like. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable for the most part, and definitely people that I would feel comfortable with leaving my mother with. The facilities have a very modern feel to them. They told me that it was important to them to keep everything modern feeling and up to date. That was really important to me; I needed to make sure that this place was going to continue to get better. The one thing that I really didn't care for was there food. Mom is very picky when it comes to food. She has developed a keen taste for more upscale food, and I'm pretty sure that McDonald's would be a gourmet meal after eating in this place. It's my only complaint with the place, but it may just be a deal breaker.

October 14, 2011

By munch1

We have been looking around for an assisted living community for a relative, and we visited this facility about a month ago. Belmont Village has a very independent feel to it compared with other assisted living facilities. They offer activities and have something called a MBA, "mind, body, awareness" (I think) which is supposed to encourage residents to part take in activities so that they can work on preserving their brain, for lack of a better term. Even with this it doesn't seem to be the case that these activities are pushed onto the resident. On top of that, the building is nice and has an almost apartment type feel to it, rather than some other facility we visited which felt like all the residents were crammed into dorm rooms. Another benefit is that they work in conjunction with Glen Oaks hospital, so the staff is almost always there should anything happen. There is a community park nearby as well. However, even with this the place still doesn't have the feeling that a home would. The staff, however well trained they may be, are in the end just staff. No one looked like they enjoyed their work or would take the time to learn from the experiences of the resident. They way the communicated felt like that they thought of the residents as being immature because they were getting old. Not a bad place, but not terrific either. That's why I give it 3/5 stars.

Let Us Search For You

• Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: Sheltered Care 0052068

About Belmont Village Geneva Road

Belmont Village facility at Geneva Road is located in the greater-Chicago area, on farmland north of Wheaton, in the Village of Carol Stream. So as you might expect, assisted living residents of Belmont Village have easy access to all the amenities of a cosmopolitan city plus the comforts of the warm and friendly small-town community. The quaintness of downtown Wheaton offers places to shop, worship, eat, or just sit for a relaxing afternoon of people watching. Also convenient to residents and their families, GlenOaks Hospital operates a senior-focused primary care facility on the Belmont campus.

The distinctive interior of Belmont is welcoming and homey. And an industry-leading, expert management team, supported by a well-trained and responsive staff, guides the programs and services to ensure each resident is cared for in a safe and comfortable environment.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
    • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
    • Assistance with daily living
    • Well-trained, dedicated staff
    • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
    • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
    • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
    • Free scheduled transportation
    • Enrichment programs and social activities
    • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
    • Housekeeping and laundry
    • Private and companion apartments
    • Short-term stays available
    Memory Care rate includes the following
    (there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
    • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
    • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
    • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
    • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
    • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
    • 24-hour emergency call response system
    • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
    • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
    • Daily trash removal and bed-making
    • All utilities except private telephone
    • Cable TV programming