The Stratford | Assisted Living

2460 Glebe Street, Carmel, IN, 46032

Reviews of The Stratford | Assisted Living

Caring102165750 February 10, 2015

They kind of pigeon holed my mother. The Stratford would not show us their independent part of their facility. They insisted that because she had a stroke, she would be in an assisted living only. The woman was very nice, but she was a bit pretentious because she kept telling me what my mother would like. They only had one apartment choice. The facility itself was beautiful and immaculate. We didn't meet any of the staff. We walked out of it, and my husband said that there is no way. The woman did follow up with a visit. From a location standpoint, it was in the middle of a very busy neighborhood. From where I live, it would be too far. She didn't show us any menu, but she told us that it was restaurant quality. The dining room is lovely. There is an invisible wall between the independent living people and the assisted living. They don't intermix at all. I felt like we walked into another planet because it didn't really seem to be very friendly.

Kathy37 June 26, 2013

We checked out The Stratford for my mother. It had a very nice growing location in West Carmel. They had a combination of garden homes and then also the main lodge. The more critical care was in the separate wing. Stratford was definitely gearing towards the higher-end type of retirement living. It had a nice indoor swimming pool and also an elegant dining room. We actually attended one of their luncheon presentations on moving assistance when you consider downsizing. Outside, they had a community pool for kids and grandkids when they come and visit. They also had a variety of activity centers around the community, whether it was sports or recreation. They got a really nice library and a theater for big screens for movies and shows. They got two or three different dining rooms areas and a little pub. They have a large community that allows for a lot more different activities to be going on. Cost, however, was a little bit higher.

SH54 May 23, 2012

The place was very nice, the people were good but it's just quite expensive. The price of the unit was out of our range and its very important to us in choosing a facility. And so we ended up looking for other place., that can cater to my Mom's needs but its within our price range.

donna thomas July 27, 2011

This is an ideal place for independent older people. Most here are from 80 to 100 years. They care for us and it is like living in the Hilton. Of course there are things that come up that I don't like and weren't planned. They do listen and try to correct. We have excellent meals, lots of activities and trips, they clean and care for our apartments, they give us fitness training, and they do try to care of us.

SpyderStop June 22, 2011

The Stratford assisted living facility in Carmel, IN is the best of the best.I toured this facility to compare to some others and this by far stood above them all. There are numerous amounts of people there to help and it feels more like a vacation hotel than an assisted living facility. This place has big rooms which contain their own baths and there is a heated pool for rehabilitation. One thing I found very unique was the hair care salon! This place has everything and if you have a relative who is going to need assisted living this is the place to go. I highly recommend The Stratford!

About The Stratford

The Stratford is an assisted living facility in Carmel, IN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Stratford for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Stratford