Sunrise at La Costa

7020 Manzanita Street, Carlsbad, CA, 92008

Reviews of Sunrise at La Costa

November 27, 2013

My uncle is in Sunrise. It is an excellent facility and a luxurious place. It is clean and we are very satisfied because he is happy there.

October 30, 2013

By Marcelle1

My visit at Sunrise at La Costa was excellent. The woman in-charge was very informative and helpful. She knew that we would not be able to choose their facility, but she was very helpful. The people there were very nice.

August 13, 2013

By Terry14

Sunrise is lovely, very large and clean. The Sunrise assisted living is fabulous for someone who is social throughout their life and they don't mind a big social environment. The staff was very nice. The residents seemed happy there but it wasn't appropriate for my mom, it just seemed larger than I think she would accept. My mom needed to be in an environment where there are less residents not a hundred. I think it depends on the individual.

December 04, 2012

By eris

The facilities were pleasant over all. The location of the area is rather ideal for elderly residents, as it is very close in proximity to various shopping centers and entertainment centers. For example, directly across the street from Sunrise Assisted Living in Carlsbad in a shopping center, the contains a grocery store, movie theatre, some small boutiques, ect. The only down side of this, is that because the location of the Assisted living center being right next to this shopping center, there is always a lot of traffic and noise, which I would say is the main downside to this facility. The facility itself is very nice, with a lobby and restaurant area for residents and family members to visit with one another. There is always handicap access throughout all parts of the facility. There is a nice garden area outside as well, and the residences are always decorated festively during the holidays. When I visited the facilities as a volunteer, I was under the impression from the various people that I talked to that they were generally happy living here. Overall, I would say that Sunrise Assisted Living provides an adequate facility for assisted living.

August 22, 2012

By Sahil

Initially, I had to meet with the head of the entire facility in order to volunteer. Once I had met with her, I was officially approved. Most of time time I spent there consisted of running errands and talking to the elderly along with all of the other volunteers. I remember the facility to be very nice, it had a nice spacious dining room with a old cafe-like feel to it. There was a "house" dog that would kind of just run around and circulate through all of the residents, playing and giving them joy. All in all, I enjoyed my time there, and it definitely seemed like the residents were comfortable and not distressed to be living there.

July 24, 2012

By Swazzlo

The appearance of the facility was modern, but also old-fashioned at the same time. The dining room had a great grand piano in the center, which was played during lunch and dinner. The facility also had a resident dog, which would cycle around the building and socialize and provide valuable interaction with the elderly. In the back of the facility, there were many beautiful walkways in which elders could stroll and get fresh air. The facility offered many classes such as water aerobics, arts and crafts, etc. The home had rapid transport shuttle services to local hospitals in case they were needed. Overall, my 12 hours at the facility were very enjoyable; it was refreshing to see that the many elderly people living in the facility were surrounded by a healthy environment in which they could keep their spirits high.

April 18, 2012

By stellaluna

Sunrise Assisted Living in La Costa is a beautiful facility, inside and out, that provides great care and many amenities to their residence and their family members. The staff such as the of caregivers, medtechs, and nurses comes together to provide the help requested by residents and their family members. At Sunrise their are many daily activities (arts&crafts, aerobics, spanish classes) along with trips around town every other week. The kitchen, known for the awesome chef, serves three meals a day which the residents can take to their room or join other residents in the dining room and provides a private dining room for special occasions.

Photos of Sunrise at La Costa

• Tagalog

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable Staffing

• Licenses: 374601134

About Sunrise at La Costa

Located approximately one mile from the Pacific Ocean between La Costa Resort and Spa and the Four Seasons at Aviara, Sunrise at La Costa Assisted Living community in Carlsbad sits just 30 miles north of downtown San Diego, California. We pride ourselves in the high quality of care we provide. Sunrise at La Costa is an environment that enhances each resident's unique abilities.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. Sunrise at La Costa will stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of the Sunrise staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

We have a tenured management team working together over 10 years. This includes our ED, RN, Activities, Maintenance, Memory Care and Assisted Living Coordinators. Our specialty is bringing individualized high quality care to the residents apartment as their needs change. They do not move apartments. We work in partnership with outstanding hospice, home health, senior phych, dentist, podiatrist, and geriatric physicians to ensure that all of our residents needs are met.

Map of Sunrise at La Costa