Brookdale Carlsbad

3140 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA, 92008

Reviews of Brookdale Carlsbad

caring010522 October 16, 2014

We had my mother at Emeritus, which is nearby. I could walk there from where I live. It was good, but the staff wasn’t so trained. I liked the food and they had a very good atmosphere for people. They also had activities. My siblings had trouble with it, but I was the one that goes every day. I thought they were doing a good job but the staff changed a lot. They underwent new management and changed, and that made it difficult.

Caring93167050 August 30, 2014

Emeritus at Carlsbad is a little more upscale. Its location is closer to the beach, quite fancy and pricey as well. The staff was very nice and very friendly. They seemed to know their residents by name. We were looking for some place that is cat-friendly, but they didn’t say that they accept cats. They only had one dog on the whole premises.

Caring92164350 August 27, 2014

Dad is already in a facility. He's in Emeritus. We chose it because it's in the same town where he lives and it's near my sister who's caring for him. We also found that it was the same price as all the rest of the places we checked out. He likes the food, which is unusual because when we take him out to eat, he usually doesn't like it.

The staff is very, very friendly and they always call him by his name. Everyone is always smiling and they're very cooperative with the family when we need to pick him up or bring him back. He doesn't spend much time in his room. His room is close to the common room where they all gather together. I think the interesting thing is he was an electrical engineer and his room is where they have a wall in big, red letters that says electrical for their electrical closet, I suppose, so when he sees the word electrical, he knows that's his turn.

They go on a weekly bus tour and they can play Bingo or some games. They have the TV, but he doesn't watch the TV very much. He is allowed to go to the assisted living side for meals if he wants to and also for their entertainment. He's higher functioning than most of the people there.

Caring82001 August 14, 2014

I have visited Emeritus at Carlsbad as I was looking for my wife’s uncle. I like the location, I thought it was nice and clean. The staff was courteous and the facility kept up. They have a kitchenette. The room was the right size. There was no problem. I would recommend the location.

Donna86837550 June 26, 2014

Everything looked nice and clean in Emeritus. They were very pleasant. They had nice rooms, and it wasn't dark. I just looked at the rooms and talked to them about finances. It was very nice.

Gudrun4743 June 17, 2014

Emeritus at Carlsbad was a newer facility. The staff there was pretty nice. It seemed to be the most affordable of the ones I have visited. They have small rooms and a lot of studio place. They also have a nice outside garden area inside the compound, which is important in our case. My husband is very much an outside person. I looked at the lunch menu that they offered, and it was OK. It looked all right, but they were not gourmet. They give you a choice, although not a very large choice.

Marcelle1 October 30, 2013

I had made two visits at Emeritus at Carlsbad because that is probably the one that we will be moving my mother in. We were looking at a studio apartment and we were very pleased with their setup. We were also impressed with the things that the facility offered. We also chose this facility because of its location as it is near to my house.

Dorothy25 September 20, 2013

One of my girlfriends lives in Emeritus at Carlbad. I like this place. They're all good. They have about the same activities as any other facility offers. They have trips all the time for people living there. They also have concerts. I like that place. I would recommend it.

From Brookdale Carlsbad

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Carlsbad

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: License #AL374603618/License #SNF080000627/PCOA #238
  • State License(s): 374603618

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Carlsbad