The Landing of Canton

4550 Hills and Dales Rd NW, Canton, OH, 44708

Reviews of The Landing of Canton

March 31, 2014

By Diane81602050

We visited Emeritus, and the atmosphere there is not as friendly as the others. I think they have memory care there. They have many rooms to choose from. Their prices were comparable with the others. They have many activities like crafts and exercise.

February 25, 2014

By caring010219

Emeritus is a very large, luxurious, three story facility. It was very nice. They have a well-furnished studio-type apartment. It has a bath and a little kitchen. When we were there they were having a program and all the patients were very well dressed and looked very well cared for. They have a library and a room for relatives to use.

December 01, 2013

Emeritus is a little newer. We're scheduled to move in on the 1st of December. I like their apartments, we were able to get a very large bedroom. It is actually a studio but it is a double one. We have two closets and two bathrooms and there are two of us. I'm going with my husband, he's the one who needs it. It's a very nice place and everyone is so friendly. They've been bringing us homemade cookies. They make cookies every day but we did have a meal when we were there looking the first day we went in. It was pretty good. They have all kinds of activities and they said December is going to be filled up with things to do for the holidays.

November 27, 2013

My mother was in Emeritus for a while. I liked the facility. I liked the staff. Their rooms were nice. They also had activities and the food was very good.

October 28, 2013

My grandmother had only been in Emeritus for a short time before she passed away. I think the facility was nice that's why I went ahead and got her a room at that facility. She was in the memory care side, so they did not put her in a regular assisted living place. However, her room was nice. It was sparse and stuff but her room was good. I think the care there was fine as well. They did have an area for their residents but not really outside and it was not very spacious. However, most people over there were in their chairs and didn't move because they're not mobile enough. Overall, this was a fine facility.

September 26, 2013

By Patricia32

We chose Emeritus at Canton because we just thought it was more reasonably priced and the room that she got has a beautiful view. She can look out on the pond and see the birds and I think that was important. The staff was just very helpful when we went to visit there. We have eaten there and I thought the food was good. I would recommend this place.

September 25, 2013

By caring00028

Emeritus was a very nice and very well maintained facility. They had the most assortments of activities amongst the ones that I had visited. The staff was pleasant and I would recommend that to anybody who wanted to live in this area.

September 12, 2013

By Caring Joe

I'm moving into Emeritus next week. It is an assisted living facility. I chose this place because it is within my price range and it looks nice. When I signed up with them, the people working there were really nice. I'm not there yet so I'm not sure how it is going to be, but based on my visit there, I would give this place a high rating.

March 21, 2013

By Clinton1

The staff is very pleasant at Emeritus. It is a beautiful place.

February 09, 2013

By Elaine4

it was a horrible provider for the 18 days my mother was there before she died. She was not kept clean. The dining table was dirty and she was handed sandwiches and snacks with bare hands. I told a nurse she was wheezing and short of breath 2 days before she died and nothing was done.they were cruel and totally uncompassionate when they called to say she had died and had no sympathy or compassion for me afterwards. I am so sorry I ever took her there.

August 21, 2012

By kylet112

When the time came to find an assisted living center for my father, nothing was more difficult. We searched high and low and only found places that were sub-par. That is, until I found out about Emeritus at Canton from a friend who also had a loved one staying at the facility. This facility claims to treat the people you care about as if they were their loved ones as well and they do this excellently. My father has had nothing but positive things to say about Emeritus at Canton. Another great feature about this place is the fact that it has so much to offer in the way of amenities. My father loves to spend time outside and Emeritus has lots of places to walk around in, including pools, gardens and even a fountain. The food is excellent, with hearty meals served in a style similar to a restaurant. There are just as many living options as there is in a standard apartment complex. Overall, this facility is highly recommended and great for those who want comfort and quality out of assisted living.

October 24, 2011

By WannaErto

When the time came for my husband to find an assisted living facility due to her special needs because of Alzheimer's we wanted to find a facility that was as close to a home setting as possible. We found that in Emeritus. There motto is that the promise to treat the residents as they would their own loved ones. And they do that very well. We can rest easy at night knowing that she is being well cared for.My mother in law loves spending time outdoors so the beautiful grounds with their landscaped gardens and courtyards with ponds and a fountain were a very important detail. So was the full walking path. The dining was also an important factor because my mother in law is a picky eater. She loves the home style meals that are served in the dining area which is very similar to a restaurant. The rooms that are available suit every residents needs. They have studio apartments, one bedroom, and what they call cut through apartments. There is also a rehabilitation room and a full service beauty salon.

Photos of The Landing of Canton

Services & Amenities of The Landing of Canton

• Minimum Memory Cost: $2775/month

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 2309R

About The Landing of Canton

The Landing of Canton is an assisted living and a secure memory care community in the Canton, OH area. The community has lush grounds and a lake, making it a truly beautiful place to live. Our mission is to make each resident comfortable, secure, and happy in their new home. We offer private spacious apartments and a personalized care plan for each resident. The Landing of Canton provides a compassionate, caring, and fun-loving community with meaningful activities for our residents. Our management team, 24-hour nursing associates, and trained resident care partners will be with each resident and their family through the journey of moving to our community. The team at the Landing of Canton believes “Everyone deserves a great life.”

What We Offer:

• Companion & private rooms
  • On-site beauty salon & barber shop
  • Cable TV available in all rooms
  • Housekeeping & linen services including daily bed-making & trash removal
  • Complete dining program (3 meals & snacks daily) Special diets accommodated as needed / required
  • Building & grounds manintenance included
  • Medication assistance
  • Comprehensive activities & social programs

We are conveniently located within five miles of all three major hospitals and Belden Village.

Map of The Landing of Canton