Brookdale Canton Canton, GA

125 Riverstone Terrace, Canton, GA, 30114

Reviews of Brookdale Canton | Canton, GA

December 02, 2014

We went to the Emeritus at Riverstone, and we really liked this one. The rooms were nice and probably a little bigger than where my mother-in-law is right now. The staff that we met on that evening we went -- the activity director -- was very nice. We met some of the residents and they were very nice, but I think in general we felt like we wanted something just a bit closer to the house. They were having a 70's disco night, so it was pretty active up there. A lot of the residents were out and not in their rooms, so we liked that.

October 31, 2014

By Rose30

The help at Emeritus is phenomenal. I have no complaints whatsoever.

May 29, 2014

By Donald18

At Emeritus at Riverstone, the rooms were larger, and the staff was good. They still call me about once every two to three months just to see how I am doing, and I am impressed with that. I also like the administrator they have. They have bingo and cards. They also have people who come in to entertain.

March 27, 2014

By Hugh PcPherson

Everything was fine at Emeritus except during the bad freeze. Some pipes froze and the whole place got flooded, so we had to find another place for my wife to live. We weren't unhappy with it. It was fine except that it was going to be a couple of months before they got it repaired and ready to go again. We had checked on several different places, and the main thing was it was close and convenient to where I lived. We were happy with it once we got there. The staff did their job, they were available. The food was fine, too. In fact, I ate there several times and it wasn't bad.

December 31, 2013

By Charles33

Emeritus at Riverstone is a very nice looking place. It's very clean. The staff were fine and I have no problems with them at all during my visit at the facility.

December 20, 2013

My mom is at Emeritus now. They're pretty good. For me, the highlight for this facility is its upkeep and their ability to keep it clean and smelling fresh in all areas of the building. Their rooms are small but they're just okay. My mom seems to be happy there. I would also say that the caregivers at Emeritus have been very good. What they can improve on though is following through on their care plans.

October 23, 2013

By Hopeful in GA

The guide was very upbeat and informative. The public spaces were very bright and airy. The rooms are a little small but still adequate. The staff was attentive and friendly. The gardens are beautiful.

August 28, 2013

By Trina6

I visited Emeritus at Riverstone. The whole facility was clean. The people were wonderful. The rooms were clean and they allowed their residents to decorate their rooms.

July 18, 2013

By happy family member

My mom has been a resident of Emeritus for over a year and at first required total assistance, but has continued to improve with loving caretakers. The staff has become like family to her and she has blossomed with this care and can do so much for herself now. Mom loves all the outings and activities that are provided. The food is good and sometimes not so, but any restaurant can be that way. They do offer some choices and sometimes take a bus to local restaurants. Mom takes pride in her new home, loves the garden and fish pond and wants Emeritus to be nice for all the residents. She has a reason to smile everyday and has made new friendships with residents and the staff. I am so happy to see better security in the building and appreciate constant caring staff.

July 17, 2013

By GT77

My mother has been a resident for a couple of years. We are very pleased and would certainly make the same choice again,

By Sharon C

I have been very impressed with the staff at Emeritus. They have been so understanding and helpful with my family. I would highly recommend Emeritus at Riverstone. I want to thank each and everyone for everyting they do and have done for my family and me as I know its not easy sometimes.

By whit259

The staff at Emeritus at Riverstone treat my family as their own family and I could not ask for better care! The rooms and entire building are always clean and the entire building feels like a lovely loving home.

By lwagner7777

Macy and staff deserve a 15 rating. They are unbelievably caring, kind, pleasant, professional, and loving to the residents. You can't possibly do better than Macy and her team! The food is mediocre, with the meat selections leaving a lot to be desired. Rooms are above average. The staff is the overwhelming reason my father will continue to live at the Terrace. They are just great.

By BRS

My mother is a resident of Emeritus @ Riverstone. She is very happy there and is a good location for me and my brothers to visit. Service is outstanding !! The management and staff are always friendly and helpful. very convieneein

By SharonHart

My mother has been at Emeritus for almost a year. I have found that she is treated very well. She is able to keep her independence and her dignity. I think the care from each and every staff member is sincere and loving. I can't imagine her anywhere else.

By cjseay

It has been a great experience for my Mom. She has made many friends. The employees have become friends also. They take great care of her.

July 11, 2013

The location of Emeritus was excellent because it was close enough to shopping centers and everything else. However, the living facility itself was not adequate for me. The rooms were too small and I did not like that. The staff were nice and they had all kinds of activities for the residents. They also had meals but I had not tried the food.

By nancypflg

My parents have been residents at Emeritus for 19 months. The care from the staff has been wonderful and caring. Housekeeping does a splendid job keeping there room, laundry, and community areas very clean. The activities director continually has something planned for the residents and family members if they choose to join in. Bingo, painting, crafts, puzzles and organized outings away from the facility with the use of their vans. I have been most impressed with the care and grateful! Thank you and may God continue to bless the staff :)

By Ron L.

My mother has been a resident at Riverstone Emeritus now for almost two years. After some "settling in" issues she has come to be very comfortable there and is very happy with the care she receives. For my part, I am most relieved to know she's in a facility where she is looked after daily, gets regular meals, has someone looking after her medications, and lets me know as needed if Mom has had any problems or needs anything. I would (and have) recommended Emeritus to several of my neighbors who are seeking housing for their parents.

By CarynR

My Dad has been a resident at Riverstone for over 5 years, initially in the main building and now in memory care. The staff and facilities have been wonderful to work with. Even when there are hiccups (as there always will be), they take care of things and make things right. There are SO MANY employees who care deeply for the residents and grow to consider them family. I'm thankful to those special people.

By Thankful family member

My mother is a resident of the Memory Care unit at Emeritus at Riverstone. We are very thankful for the amazing, caring and competent memory care leadership and staff. They go beyond expectations in their loving care of all the residents. There is ongoing training in the care and support of memory care residents and an overview of this training is also made available to interested family members.

By pryorsmith

Best in Metro Atlanta.

By USNA76

Both of my parents are residents at Riverstone and I could not be happier with the quality of the staff and services provided. The convenience and professionalism of the hairdressers and physical therapist has been wonderful and made it a much easier transition for my folks. The management and staff have gone out of their way to make my parents feel welcome and I really appreciate that.

By Pegaurand

My mother is a resident of Emeritus and she loves the place. The facility is so beautiful with its continuously changing decorations and gorgeous gardens.The food is WINDERFUL and the residents even have a menu from which to order each meal. I give the place 6 stars!!!!!!!!!

November 17, 2011

By Butterflystutter247

I am glad that my great-uncle is staying at such a fine establishment as the Terrace at Riverstone. We came and visited him a couple of weekends ago, and everything was simply superb at the establishment. The decor was spot on for anyone above the age of 60. The place was completely spotless. The nurses and aids were very friendly and helpful when my great-uncle needed help using the restroom as well. We stayed for dinner and ate with him, and the food was kind of boring, but it was no fault of anybody in the kitchen. The tings that they were given to prepare were prepared for someone with a very bland palette. Afterward, we went and sat outside while we digested, and I felt comfortable leaving him there when we left to go home at the end of the evening.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Canton

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Features Extra: Library

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Welcome Home! Brookdale Canton's Warm And Friendly Environment Is Felt The Moment You Walk Through The Doors. Our Grand Family Room Is A Great Place To Relax By The Fire, Read A Favorite Book, Enjoy Piano Entertainment, Socialize, Make New Friends Or Simply Do As You Like. It's Your Home! All On One Level For Easy Access, Our Community Consists Of 65 Senior Living Apartments. Spacious Studio, One Bedroom And Two Bedroom Apartments Are Available. Our Alzheimer's And Memory Care Secured Community Consists Of 28 Studio Apartments. We Encourage All Our Residents To Personalize Their Room To Their Individual Style. Our Community Common Areas Feature Covered Patios And Gardens, A Lovely Dining Room, Reading And Game Areas, Tv Room, Activities And Wellness Center. Located In The Foothills Of The Blue Ridge Mountains, Brookdale Canton Is Set In A Picturesque Area Of Canton. Northwest Georgia's Colorful Seasons Will Delight The Visual Senses While The Convenience To Hospitals, Doctor Offices, Shopping, Restaurants, Movie Theatre, And Parks Promote Wellness And Peace Of Mind To Our Residents And Their Families.

• Home Sale Assistance

• State Licenses: PCH007789

About Brookdale Canton

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Canton