The Woods at Cedar Run

824 Lisburn Road, Camp Hill, PA, 17011

Reviews of The Woods at Cedar Run

Caring52153050 September 24, 2014

We chose The Woods at Cedar Run for my mother because it was very, very close to where I live. It is very clean. They do a very good job. My mother has an apartment, which is really nice. They have one- and two-bedroom apartments. Right now, my mother is in a little one-bedroom apartment and it is really nice. They have both assisted and independent living and even memory care in the same building. The staff is pretty good. They seem pretty caring. The administrative staff doesn't communicate as well with the people's family as they could. I have had issues with them periodically. I just don’t get any real feedback from them. However, I like the aides and the nurses. They're pretty nice. They do have activities and they try to keep things, but with my mom and her memory issues, they don't always come to get her and I think they should be more active in that area. They should make sure the people get to the activities and not just let them sit in their rooms, because people with dementia don't remember what's going on. Also their food is little more normal, like a little more institutional.

elizabeth_irwin February 11, 2014

The marketing group (admissions) low balls your fees and then 6 months in they are jacked up, skipping levels of care. The memory care unit is understaffed. They can't keep a MCU director. They look don't keep good records - changing the primary care physician to their own DR. when I wanted our family DR. This allowed them to medicate my mother when I wanted only palliative care...until I saw the pharmacy bill and stopped it...many times. They could not deal with my parent because they were an "active" patient. Walking almost to the end of life. They can only handle the seniors that sit in wheel chairs all day and don't speak. Hospice could bathe my parent daily but their staff could not because they do not understand how to deal with an active ALZ patient. In fact they requested us to call hospice so it would take some of my mother's care off of their shoulders. Nobody could understand palliative care and once scolded me for not precribing an antibiotic - NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS. And finally, although they treated us well as my parent laid dying (pillows, chairs and food) after the death, after hospice had been called to pronounce death, they still called the ambulance and I had to prevent the EMTs from reviving the deceased. Why did they do this? To protect their own butts...even though we spent the last 24 hours at the bedside awaiting the blessing of death.

Pat7260 August 28, 2013

The Woods at Cedar Run is a wonderful facility. It is beautiful and secure. Their staff is wonderful. They're my sisters. They take care of my mom and she is comfortable there. Overall, I am very impressed with this place.

Izzy1 April 24, 2012

She is in The Woods at Cedar Run now. They really take good care of her. The staff are just wonderful. The building is like a hotel. Its just gorgeous. My mother thinks she feels at home and is really being taken good care of.

From The Woods at Cedar Run

Here is a place where every day can be filled with memorable, enjoyable experiences, where every common room is uncommonly comfortable and where every walk in the woods is special.

The Woods at Cedar Run offers Independent Living, Senior Living and Memory Care in a picturesque countryside setting in Camp Hill, PA, near walking trails and all the sights and sounds of nature.

Independent Living

Independent Living here promotes just that - living independently, without all the hassles of home ownership and with all the benefits of an active and vibrant community. Residents enjoy the freedom and independence to pursue lifelong hobbies, explore new interests, and enjoy the companionship of friends and neighbors.

Senior Living

Our Senior Living residents enjoy all the comforts of home along with an active social life and the security of knowing that professional assistance is available, if needed, 24 hours a day.

The Woods at Cedar Run offers a wealth of great places, both inside and out. Enjoy our billiards and multimedia rooms, stop and smell the flowers in our floral gardens, or get your heart pumping in our wellness lounge.

Memory Care

We also offer a state-of-the-art Memory Care Program which has been developed with the goal of maximum comfort for residents and their families. We've created a warm and relaxed atmosphere that helps our residents feel good about themselves and prosper. This program takes care of daily physical needs, and also offers residents the opportunity to socialize and participate in meaningful and stimulating activities on a daily basis. Our goal is to help residents maintain their independence, individuality and dignity. We have adopted the Alzheimer's Association's Guidelines for Dignity.

Minimum Monthly Rate: $2,657/month

Maximum Monthly Rate: $3,859/month

Reimbursement

Private Pay, LTCI, VA

Apartment Features

Kitchenette, Temperature Control, Emergency Call System

Bathrooms: Private

Facility Features

Activities/Recreation, Beauty/Barber Shop, Chapel Services, Internet Access, Private Dining Room, Fitness Room/Gym, Gardens/Outside Patio, Facility Parking, Private Laundry, Overnight Guest Room, Guest Meals, Room Service, Pharmaceutical Service, Separate Therapy Room, Transportation, Pet Permitted

Location of The Woods at Cedar Run