Reviews of New West Haven
Deedee10 March 19, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My mom is in New West Haven. It is a fabulous, small, and beautiful facility, but my mom needs higher level care. I love the people that work there. There are activities happening six days a week. It is a very homey, beautiful Italian villa. Everybody has to wear a pendant that if pushed, someone is there to help within a few minutes.
Jackie34 March 20, 2015
I visited this facility
I have visited New West Haven a couple of times. The marketing director was very nice. My husband will be going in April. It's a very nice facility, and I think it will work out well for his needs. It was very well kept. It's a large facility. It's smaller in number of people. There is probably less than 40 people that live there. It is also close to our home, so that works out.
Christi2 October 03, 2014
I visited this facility
What I liked the most about New West Haven was that it was more of a house setting. The staff people were wonderful. It had a nice dining room and the bedroom was a nicely sized room. It would probably only be three-stars at this point in time, because when I backed out, the lady got rude with me and I didn't appreciate that.
From New West Haven
At New West Haven we pride ourselves on offering a warm and supportive, family-style living environment. We continuously strive for excellent in creating a gathering place where families can come to connect, share, love and grow. Every day, we closely monitor our efforts in many ways. To say that we monitor our operational excellence hour by hour is no exaggeration – we do. Our residents, and their families, are in a special time of their lives. We understand that New West Haven needs to be a special place. So to that end, our goal is simple: create a positive atmosphere. It’s a simple goal, but to achieve it, everything has to be working. We go to great lengths to ensure that we only hire the best staff, keep our activities fresh, fun and engaging, prepare tasty, high quality meals, and deliver top quality care and customer service to our residents and their families. We have created an atmosphere that you can feel when you walk in and w e invite you to join us in helping make it grow.
In addition to providing beautiful room accommodations, our program includes:
- meal preparation by our full time chefs
- medication monitoring
- assistance with dressing and grooming
- incontinence management
- arranging transportation to medical and dental appointments
- a convenient on-site beauty parlor.
- complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access and unlimited local and national telephone service.
- We work hard to create a lively and meaningful activities program for our residents. With a full-time activities leader on staff leading a wide range of indoor and outdoor activities, residents have a variety of opportunities to participate in fun filled activities and field trips.
What Makes Us Special
New West Haven is proud to present a truly unique assisted living model based on Eden Alternative concepts that delivers quality care in a home environment. In a culture that typically views aging as a period of decline, the Eden Alternative philosophy asserts that no matter how old we are or what challenges we live with, life is about continuing to grow.
Features of New West Haven
- We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, as needed
- Minimum rate: $3,595/month
- Pets: No pets allowed
- Minimum age: 60
Room and housing options
- Housing extra: Private Rooms
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- State License(s): 097002991
Location of New West Haven
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities