AlmaVia of Camarillo

America's Highest Rated Communities

Reviews of AlmaVia of Camarillo

Average Rating:

Linda97217150 December 09, 2014

I choose Alma Via for my mother. The staff is wonderful. They are very accommodating, kind, and make my mother feel good. She's been there for three months, and she loves it. She lives in an apartment. She has a living room, a nice size bedroom, a big bathroom, a refrigerator, a sink, and a microwave. They serve the food, and it is very good. She likes it a lot.

Caring76709550 June 26, 2014

Alma Via of Camarillo was very clean, and the rooms were large. It was a memory care unit. The staff was very friendly. I did taste the food, and it was very good. They have exercise activities and games.

Caring79089250 March 12, 2014

I like the location of Alma Via because it was near all the doctor visits in the hospital. But I thought it was pricier. The rooms were okay. At the time of my visit they weren't doing any activity, but I saw the signs that they do have that. The dining area was nice.

Caring77239150 January 30, 2014

The hallway before you went into the room had glass cages outside each room and each person who was in the room had things like hobbies that they used to do or things they were interested in. It was very impressive to just look at things like that. It's not an old, dark hallway. The staff was very knowledgeable. If I asked a question and it wasn't what they dealt with, then they would tell us that they'll take you to the person there and they can explain it you better than we can. They were pleasant to deal with, very sociable, polite, kind.

John805 July 11, 2012

They took great care of my Grandpa. They went out of their way to make sure he was always comfortable and all of his needs were met. Everything is really upscale and nice including the rooms, furniture, food, and entertainment (like movies on a big projector screen). They had people come in for groups and did all kinds of fun stuff for the people staying there. My grandpa was suffering from Altimeters and Dementia. They were very patient with him and did their best to help him daily with anything he needed. At first he was very unhappy with the idea of going to an assisted living facility. Within a week or two, the staff and other people staying there won him over. Every time I went to visit, he seemed very happy with his environment. He wasn't able to take care of himself anymore, and it was great knowing he was happy and comfortable in his final days. I would definitely recommend AlmaVia to anyone.

From AlmaVia of Camarillo

AlmaVia of Camarillo provides personalized, comprehensive assisted living and memory care for seniors in Southern California.

All of our services are grounded in our belief in nurturing the body, mind and spirit of our residents through a holistic approach to wellness.

Assisted Living

Seniors can maintain as much independence as possible while receiving assistance with everyday activities. Our community is secure and welcoming, with services that are personalized to meet each individual’s needs.

Memory Care

We believe in celebrating the dignity and individuality of each of our residents. Our innovative memory care program, based on the I’m Still Here™ philosophy, is designed to enrich the lives of seniors with dementia and Alzheimer’s. We strive to engage residents with meaningful activities, while providing 24-hour quality care services.

Residents enjoy delicious, balanced meals in our restaurant-style or private dining rooms.

Our cozy gathering room and library provide spaces for visiting with loved ones and engaging in lively activities. Residents can also take advantage of the beautiful courtyard, filled with plenty of patio seating to enjoy the outdoors.

A Spiritual Care Director offers a variety of spiritual care activities and services for residents, no matter their beliefs.

The warm, intimate environment fosters close relationships among residents and staff. Located in a lively neighborhood, AlmaVia of Camarillo encourages a fun, active lifestyle and is in close proximity to shopping, places of worship and medical care.

Features of AlmaVia of Camarillo

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Prayer Room, 24 Hour Kitchen with Snacks and Private Dining Room

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: baking

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Maximum rate: $5,095/month
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,100/month

• Minimum age: 62

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits