Victory Centre of River Oaks

1370 Ring Rd, Calumet City, IL, 60409

Reviews of Victory Centre of River Oaks

June 30, 2015

By Mary108984650

Victory Centre of River Oaks seemed to be pretty nice. I did not get a complete tour of it. They had one- and two-bedroom apartments. The staff was friendly.

May 01, 2015

By Cherrie1

I thought Victory Centre was a great place, and I really wanted my father there. If I had to go a place like that, I would love to go there because everybody was really nice. They even had dog, and my father loves dogs. It had a nice patio. The entire building was nice. The rooms were gorgeous. It was really a nice set-up, and I felt bad that we were not able to do it. The activities that they had -- like the church activities and the other things -- were all just fantastic.

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you were pleased with our community and sorry to hear that we were not the right fit for your father. Please let us know if we can help you find another alternative at ontherightpath@pathwaysl.com. Thank you!

August 15, 2014

By Dorothy49

My father likes Victory Centre. It was very nice. The staff was wonderful. They seemed concerned about the people who were there. They seemed to be doing their job as best they could because dealing with people is very difficult, especially when the people are not always where they want to be. They did, however, seem to be very happy. They seemed to be very cordial to my father. They didn't seem to be having problems with anybody and nobody was disgruntled.

June 16, 2014

By Michele17

Victory Centre of River Oaks is pretty nice. I have no problems with it. The staff is wonderful. The activities are great. They give you more of a variety of things you can do. They have a lot of games. They even have a library. They have outings every week, and they take residents out to places. The rooms are bigger, however the 2-bedrooms are hard to come by because they have a waiting list.

February 27, 2014

By Carolyn34

I was a little turned off with Victory Center. Mother lived there for two years. But half the time that we were there, she was fighting bed bugs. She moved in February, and by May her back was itching. At first I said it was probably just dry skin. That went on for a couple of weeks. Part of the winter seemed like they were gone, but the second summer they were back again so we were fighting them again, vacuuming constantly, spraying non-stop. I spent a lot of money and we fought them like maybe three times over the 2-year period that she was there. When we came into Victory Center, the people were very warm, inviting, and the atmosphere was just friendly. At the assisted living building there was someone at the desk all the time and the manager over in independent-living was very friendly and helpful. The place seemed nice but one drawback is that they only have a little library. Then they have a community room, a little veranda where you could go out on in the back area with barbecue pits and grassy area. All of that was really nice but there are times if someone was using the community room for an event, there wasn't much other place for the seniors to sit if they wanted to come downstairs. A lot of times, events are going mainly on the weekend. There was a kitchen in the community room, they have a little exercise room, and they had another room where a barber or beautician would come, and another room where the foot doctor comes. If you come at night, there is no security person downstairs. They had the buzzers. They had a little group of people that will sit down in the back in the community room and play cards. But if you came late and no one's around, it was like a ghost town. But if someone where to get in the door, get buzzed in or anything, it was deserted. So it was kind of eerie because you wouldn't see anyone and that part I didn't like. But other than that, the place was pretty decent.

September 26, 2013

By Aileen47

Victory Center is nearby and dad likes it. The place is new about three years old. The food is pretty good. They have different activities but dad can drive so he can still choose to do his daily activities. The rooms are nice although the laundry is far away on another floor. The people and the nurses are also nice.

December 16, 2011

By commercesd

While searching for a place for our aunt to live, we decided to take a look at Victory Centre of River Oaks, since it was conveniently located. Our aunt "“ and some family members have lived in the region all of their lives. We were really impressed with how well the grounds were kept and how nice and accommodating the staff were. That's really the most important thing to us; you can tell a lot about a place by how the staff interacts with the residents. The communal areas all seemed to have a nice level of energy and participation. We could see that our aunt would get along well here. The facility offers a variety of living arrangements to choose from. For example, you can choose to live in a studio or share living quarters if you wish, to cut down on costs. The are a full-service assisted living facility "“ with regular meals, snacks, housekeeping, nursing care with a wellness care program, and personal care, if necessary. The residents are regularly encouraged to participate in a variety of activities, from exercise classes, to things such as creating artwork, play group games and sign up to take trips into very nearby Chicago for all kinds of fun outings. Being so close to Chicago, there is really a limitless number of activities to choose from -- on a year-round basis. The dining room, activity rooms and lounges were all nicely decorated. We saw residents playing games, watching television and reading, while some were in the media room watching a movie. Based upon what we saw, we are strongly considering Victory Centre and would recommend that anyone interested check it out.

Photos of Victory Centre of River Oaks

Features of Victory Centre of River Oaks

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Meals Can Be Delivered To A Resident's Apartment If The Resident Is Ill Or Unable To Attend A Meal.

• Features Extra: Library, Emergency Call System

• Technology Extra: Apartments Come Cable & Telephone Ready Should The Resident Choose To Purchase Those Services From An Outside Vendor.

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Our Award Winning Viva! Life Enrichment Program Earns Praises From Residents, Staff, And The Senior Housing Industry For Its Innovative, Resident Centered Approach To Caring. Viva! Offers Something For Everyone!

• Financial Aid

• Staff Patient Ratio: Our Care Staff To Resident Ratio Exceeds State Regulations

About Victory Centre of River Oaks

Welcome home to affordable apartments and supportive living for seniors . . . and welcome home to Victory Centre of River Oaks!

Victory Centre of River Oaks offers a supportive living community for adults 65 and older. Our vision is to create life-enriching environments where you or your loved one can lead engaging, meaningful and purpose filled lives.

Our exceptional staff delivers a coordinated care approach through supportive services, quality environments and award-winning programs to enhance your lifestyle and provide you – and your family – with dignity, privacy, respect, and peace of mind.

Our all-inclusive service package and financial safety net, for those who apply and qualify, provides you with peace of mind for your financial well-being. A comprehensive assessment results in a customized care plan that tailors services to your needs. Here is just some of what Victory Centre of River Oaks can offer you or your loved one…

• 24-staffing by certified personnel
  • Three delicious, well-balanced meals through our SenseSations dining program each day plus snacks
  • Wellness programs that focus on the strengths and interests of our residents and gives them the opportunity to lead groups, take an active role in their lives and environment, and learn new things.
  • Daily assurance checks
  • Disease prevention counseling and education on self-care
  • Resident and family education and support
  • Monitoring of resident call system located in your apartment’s bathroom and bedroom
  • Move-in coordination

Scroll through this webpage for a listing of additional amenities.

LIVE WELL, AGE WELL, BE WELL at Victory Centre of River Oaks

At Pathway Senior Living, we think about aging differently. We value elderhood as a viable and productive period of human life. We focus on providing WELL care, not sick care. We take a holistic and proactive approach to enhancing our residents' lives. Our approach is so unique and so deeply engrained in our culture that we even have our own name for it - we call it "VIVA!" VIVA! is an enthusiastic celebration of life! It is far-reaching and all-encompassing. VIVA! sets the tone for the personalized way we care for our residents...our individualized approach to supporting their overall well being. VIVA! offers a whole new way of living life to the fullest!

Map of Victory Centre of River Oaks