The Rivers

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Rivers

February 11, 2017

By DP285803

The tour was very good, and the facilities of the Rivers were good. The one thing that I saw was that their services part were kind of bundled together in large packages that if you needed a particular service, then you’d have to sign up for that particular package, so it wouldn’t be as cost-effective as it could have otherwise been. I think the Rivers would be really good. We used to live near there, and I think the thing about the services being bundled was the main drawback that we had. We went by most of the major facility things that they had, like their general store and exercise equipment and so on. They have some scheduled transportation for doctors' visits and so on.

December 05, 2016

By Julie812736

The Rivers was nice. It's just that for the things that my mom needed, it came out more expensive. I thought that the place was a little bit too big for her, but it was a lovely place. The rooms could use some updating.

November 14, 2016

By Renee380245

The Rivers was a very nice and clean place. The manager was very warm and personable. The grounds were very nice. The rooms were of nice size, and they were very nice. It had a good amount of activities available. The community is not very diverse, and for me, that means they are not reaching out to a diverse population or the pricing is an issue.

December 10, 2015

By Anonymous116341950

They have been at The Rivers for about three years now, and Grandpa’s only complaint is that there are a lot of old people, but he is 90. There’s a lot of activities to do and opportunities to make friends. We’ve been pretty happy with it, though it’s a bit on the expensive side. It’s a decent location on a highway that's a little busy, but they have really nice groundskeeping. It’s really lovely, and they are very thorough in cleaning the inside and keeping it up to date.

November 30, 2015

By Steve113861050

We like The Rivers very much. It’s an energetic environment and very well-staffed. We had a very complete and comprehensive tour. This is our No. 1 choice.

September 30, 2015

The Rivers was a fantastic facility. It’s just that the lowest price I could get for a room without a washer and dryer was like $2000 a month. They didn’t have anything. I would love to get in there because I did know some people, I knew the director of the entertainment. I had worked them before, and I wanted to get in there, but they couldn’t get the price down so I could afford it. It did offer a lot of amenities, but it seemed like everything was an extra charge. The grounds and the people who worked there were fantastic. It was a very nice place. I thought it was probably one of the best places that I have looked at, but I didn’t want to be down that far away from my children and grandchildren. The rooms were small, and they didn’t have a washer and a dryer. I like everything about it.

September 29, 2015

By Teresa48

The staff was wonderful. We had a really good tour of The Rivers. We liked it. This is probably where my dad would have ended up if he did not have a stroke. I felt like it had really good security. It was well maintained. The grounds were beautiful. It was easy to get around inside. It was well lit.

August 05, 2015

So far, it has been good, but we've only had the service for two days. The staff is good and thorough. The rooms are spacious. My parents have a two-bedroom. For my dad, there are three meals a day. We like its location. They have buses that take them out, and they have in-house activities. I would and have recommended The Rivers.

June 19, 2013

By Rhea1

Rivers Senior Community had both independent and assisting living facilities. The entrance had a homey atmosphere. It was a very large complex and they had lounge areas on several places inside the complex. The place was well kept and very beautiful. They had a small pool. They had libraries on different wings of every floor. They had activities that you can be busy with every day. The food was very good and the people that we talked there were very nice. They had cleaning crew that comes every two weeks to clean.

Photos of The Rivers

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Residence

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 15

• Licenses: Comprehensive Home Care License

About The Rivers

The Rivers is an assisted living facility in Burnsville, MN that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Rivers for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Rivers