The Heights at Burbank

2721 Willow Street, Burbank, CA, 91505

Reviews of The Heights at Burbank

Noodle13 July 04, 2015

Took the tour recently for my great aunt. I toured once on my own, and then took her back for the tour. I was pretty impressed with the place, as I have looked into four different places. In all honestly, I think this is the right place for us.
Here are my very objective impressions:

PROS are this. As others have said, the staff is very friendly and attentive. There is a very good balance of men and women here, which is not very common. Almost 50/50. The residents seems fairly tight knit. The place is only a few years old, so it's in great shape. ALL meals included. Not just two. The floorplans of the units are really spacious with lots of closet space. For example, the regular one bedroom is at least 200 square feet bigger than The Village at Sherman Oaks. The layout of the place is taller rather than spread out. This could be a positive for some, but for my great aunt, it's not so easy to get around and she found the sprawling facilities a bit daunting. Didn't eat the food, but I hear it was pretty good. The movie room was very nice. Great big comfy lounging recliner chairs. Lots of little nooks and places to read and hang out, besides the larger group areas. There was a dog area outside, and a putting green. Very close to St. Joseph's Hospital and various medical buildings.

CONS: Parking garage seemed too small to really accommodate guests on a busy day. (But it is free for guests and residents so not an added expense if a resident keeps his/her car.), As mentioned in another review, it did seem a little too warm in the common areas. Happy hour is only wine. Why not have a full bar?? The other places all did. I didn't notice any kind of shop to buy the basics. All the other places I toured had one. No real computer lab with cameras, which I think most seniors need. So you have to buy that. There are maybe two or three PCs around, but none have cameras and they looked old. No pool or spa, and a narrow small outdoor area with little shade. Maybe most seniors don't really need a pool, hard to say. But I would have liked to see a few more social options like a game room with a pool table. I am not sure about field trips. I didn't see it advertised so ask about that. Nothing seemingly in walking distance like parks, restaurants, coffee. I didn't see this myself, but I had read a review someplace that claimed only one big van for errands was not enough. I asked a few folks about that during lunch and they seemed to agree that the Vintage could improve this. I'd say this is an utmost concern because once you give up your car, you really want to trust that you will those kind of needs met.

NEITHER GOOD OR BAD, BUT GOOD TO KNOW:

Unless you get a two bedroom, you only get a kitchenette. I like this because it gives you more living space. But if you really like to cook, then it's a negative. Pets allowed. You furnish your own apartment. Every unit seems to have a balcony except the two bedrooms. The views are mostly of other roof tops, with some mountains in the distance. Some units might even look straight into other buildings, so not all apartments are equal. $3500 refundable deposit to get on a waiting list. That's a bit higher than other facilities. You get it back if you change your mind, but that could be cost prohibitive for some folks.

Brigette1 August 28, 2014

We choose Vintage Senior Living because of the price and because it’s very nice. I don’t remember the activities exactly, as there is a lot and everything is great there. I love everything about that place -- it’s wonderful. I went on a tour and all the people are nice. The accommodations are great, too. They have a great parking garage. I talked to a lady and she is absolutely knowledgeable.

J5 May 20, 2014

First of all, the woman who interviewed me said that your rates were lower than theirs. They start at $3,300 per month. Second, the temperature in the public areas of the building were too warm for such a hot day like Friday. Thirdly, she wanted me to pay $500 to get on their waiting list. I was not ready to make that decision at this time.

Nazareth1 April 22, 2014

The people were hospitable at The Vintage. They were nice, they showed me around, and it’s clean. The building looks like a hotel. The residents furnished their apartments; they showed me one furnished very nicely. They showed me the restaurant -- it had a nice setting, and they had a small backyard. They need to improve on the parking space; it was small.

Linda75739850 February 01, 2014

Vintage was like "Wow." I went and did the tour by myself and I was so impressed with it, I took my husband the second time around when we went back. We went their Friday night during their happy hour where they were having live entertainment. You had your choice of wine in that even. My mom loved it especially since my mom likes to drink wine. We had wine and hors d'oeuvres and it was excellent. The people that came for entertainment were so happy. It was just wonderful. Their rooms were nice too. They took us into one lady's room, she was on vacation, and this lady had antiques in her room and it was really nice. It was almost a top-of-the-line room. I also saw a smaller single unit there and it was okay. What stands out with this facility is the friendliness of the place. It was also outstandingly clean. They did have a boutique there, so it gave the residents the ability to buy things from there and they didn't have to go out. It was a very well organized and very well put together boutique.

Daisy11 September 30, 2013

Vintage Senior Living at Burbank is a very nice facility and the only reason why we didn't go with this one because it was far. Their halls were nice and wide so it didn't feel cramped in the hallways. It's very well lit. Carpets were out. It looks like a very upscale hotel. The staff was very friendly. The walls in the hallways had this bar that people can hold on and the bar looked like an art decor. It was really nice. The rooms were large. They had a device were they would put something on the senior citizens so that if they fall and they stay on the floor too long, it will start beeping the front desk and that was a very nice feature. If you're sick the meals will be brought to your rooms. They have a movie room where you go in and all the chairs were like a movie theater style, very nice. I really like that aspect.

Dave6 March 08, 2013

I liked Vintage Senior Living. It looked like they're a very nice place. The staff was very accommodating. Everything was nice and really clean. It was a beautiful place.

HarlenAdler November 21, 2012

The home was upscale and friendly, and certainly above and beyond the run-of-the-mill retirement home that people dread. The facilities were very clean. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to be nice, my aunt is satisfied with the food; the amenities seem good. Transportation to and from the doctor, etc. is provided with no trouble. The medical center is fairly close by, so I feel assured that in our absence she will receive prompt medical assistance and transportation to the hospital. Amenities are close by -- she gets everything she needs from the nearby mall. There is also a very nice, eclectic little shopping area nearby that she enjoys. There are a few really good restaurants close by that we tried while we were in the area and they're very good. Pricing seems to be in the mid-upper range, which is what we were looking for, and from my visit and from what my aunt has told us, that it has been worth the money.

mike16 October 24, 2012

it was honestly a good place, there staff was poliet and nice. there food wasnt the greatest but it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. my grandpa said he loved the place and did not have a complain and as long as he is fine with being there then so was i. the only thing that was werid was the smell, it wasnt bad it was just werid but there were alot of elderly people so i cant really complain. great place i would recomend it to everyone who is looking for a place for there parents or grandparents if they can not help take care of them. it was also near by to were i lived so it mayed it very easy for me to visit my grandpa which was a better plus for me and my family. they will love it here and so will you. great staff, decent food, good looking place, warm and cozy looking place.

Christine 1 May 27, 2012

We were initially searching for a place for my mother and father but everything changed when my dad was in a surgery and we thought he'd be getting dementia but it was actually that he was being over medicated. We were looking for a place for Mom where she wouldn't be alone in a big house by herself but my dad will be moving back to house in 2 weeks from staying in Vintage assisted living. We just got this place temporarily for a month for him because we thought that he was getting dementia. It was quite of a long story so anyway, there are mainly 3 reasons why I like Vintage Burbank this place for my father. It's clean, brand-new and affordable. The rooms are all 300 x 400 sq feet so it's an average room but what matters is that it's clean and brand new. I have eaten there several times already and the food was just great and fantastic. Even though my dad's stay here is short, I can say that this was a good place for him and he was treated well by all the people around.

H4n4nHeaven May 31, 2011

Visited this facility

I took a tour of this facility about a month ago for my mother. I have to say I completely impressed. One of the things I paid special attention to was the interaction between the reidents and employees. It was quite intersting to see the amount of compassion and kindness I noticed within a few short moments. The facilty was quite clean and seem to be very organized. The food looked great and seemed that many of the residents were actually enjoying themselves. They had a special event they were preparing for the residents which also inpressed me. Overall it seems to be a very happy, well taken care of facility. I am very happy with my choice for my mother and I am happy to say she moves in next month!

About The Heights at Burbank

The Heights at Burbank is an assisted living facility in Burbank, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Heights at Burbank for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Heights at Burbank