Reviews of Evergreen Retirement Residence
Victoria435624 August 15, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
We selected Evergreen for my father, and we're quite happy with it. It is very nice, nicer than any place I've toured. It has more of a residential feel than a nursing home feel. It's nicely decorated. The people are very friendly, and the residents seem mostly active. It is within our price range and is very nice for what we can afford.
K. MuselmanVBHWS May 11, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Mom is in Evergreen. It is the most affordable and closest to where I live, so I've been familiar with the city for the past 20 years. It is about $1,000 to $2,500 cheaper than any place, and their location is ideal. I think it is very nice. My mom has a fantastic view on the 3rd floor from a great balcony. She gets to see a car show. The food is delicious. The people are very nice, and we are about 98% satisfied. She has a monthly pay and, additionally, she pays for people to come in to do physical therapy twice a week. She is fed well three times a day. She can go down stairs and socialize, but my mom is a movie buff, she will be in her room. However, they have a lot of activities, like twice a week they have a gal come out and exercise the people in wheelchairs. The whole place is nice. They come in and clean her room all of the time. She does not have any complaints. We are very happy with Evergreen.
Caring89665750 October 25, 2014
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My mother-in-law is at Evergreen Retirement Residence. The place is orderly, and the people that work there seemed to care. The area of the city is very nice with nice business, and I think that is a nice part. She happens to have one of the larger rooms so it is nice, and she has a balcony where they could overlook the street. Out of her room, she has a very of the Sand Gate Mountains which is very nice. They can also go on the street and sit on the sidewalk. They seemed to have some nice little outings, and they also seem to have active social calendar. They have bingo and games. The one thing that she told me is that the food is not very good.
Caring78459450 March 30, 2014
I visited this facility
Evergreen Retirement Home was recommended by somebody. We looked at a bunch of different ones, and it really came down to the care and the affordability. I know they have independent and assisted. They have movies, they have games, they have social interaction. They have trips, they take them to shopping.
oneoftwograndkids July 02, 2013
I am a friend or relative of resident
This place is very clean and the staff is nice and cares a lot. However, they are quite disorganized. When we checked my grandfather in, there were a lot of misunderstandings, and immediately, they messed up his medication. The person responsible was given a "write up." Then my grandfather soiled a blanket. Although we were paying extra for incontinence cleanup, the staff called me to come and pick up the blanket. They didn't want to clean it. I brought it home to wash. The next time this happened, they called again, but I told them they could simply put the blanket in the laundry. Whenever medications were due to be refilled, I got a call from the staff asking me to pick them up immediately from the pharmacy nearby. (My grandfather wasn't with their delivery service.) I have managed his medications and always allowed ample time for refills, so I thought it was pretty silly that they waited until the last minute. Finally, when we checked out, we needed original copies of all prescriptions. The staff had lost them. There is a culture of lack of responsibility at this facility. When something goes wrong, everybody acts like this is the first time. Whoever you talk to is not to blame, and they promise that they will find out who is to blame. It's always, "I wasn't on duty then!" So they really have bad communication between the staff. It's a very reasonably priced place, but there are significant issues.
From Evergreen Retirement Residence
Our retirement community offers assisted living services to meet the individual needs of our residents. We take a personal approach to assisted living. A care plan is developed which coordinates a range of services to support the resident's independence, self direction and participation in decisions.
Amenities & Services
- Nutritious Meals: Our chef carefully prepares fresh meals each day for your dining pleasure. A registered dietician reviews the menu and all meals are prepared in accordance with each resident’s dietary needs.
- Housekeeping and Linen Service: Residents' rooms are cleaned and fresh towels are placed in the bathroom.
- Utilities: All utilities are inclusive except for the telephone and cable services. Local calls can be made through the front desk receptionist, and cable television is available for the residents in the living room and private TV/card room.
- Activities Program: We have an exciting and enticing activity program here at Evergreen. Some of the programs include - Crafts, Games, Memory Enhancement, Coffee and Ice Cream Social, Live Music Entertainment, Wine & Cheese Party, Daily Exercise, Community Outreach, Daily Discussion on Current Events, Enjoying Classic & Current Movies
- Our seasonal activities incorporate the different holidays of the year, such as an Easter egg hunt, Halloween, a family Christmas/Hanukkah party, Thanksgiving dinner, Memorial Day BBQ, and much more.
- Outings: Some of our outings include - Shopping at the Local Markets, Live TV Show Tapings, Museums, Picnics in the Park, Library, Farmers Market and more.
- Scheduled Transportation: Local scheduled transportation is available.
- Security: There is an emergency call bell system in every room monitored by our 24 hour-a-day staff that is available to respond to any resident’s requirements at any time of the day or night. There are also periodic checks on each resident. In addition to this there is CC video monitoring throughout the entire community.
- Medication Management: Our staff ensures that each resident’s prescription is filled, it is then centrally stored and dispensed at the appropriate time. Laundry Services: We provide laundry service at Evergreen Retirement on a weekly basis. We wash, dry, fold, and return the clothes to the residents the same day.
We also offer the following amenities:
- Beauty and Barber Shop
- Personal Manicure Care
- Once a Month Visit from our In-House Physician
- LVN Services to Help Monitor the Health of Your Loved One
- Podiatry Services
- On-Site Parking for Residents and Guests
- Dietary Management
- Private Dining Room for Special Occasions
- Personal Care: We understand that each resident is unique in their needs. We offer additional services so that you can customize the care that your loved one receives. Your personalized care package can include:
- Daily assistance with bathing
- Help with personal hygiene and grooming on a daily basis
- Assistance with clothing selection and dressing each day
- Personal escort service to the dining room and activities
- Incontinence Care
What Makes Us Special
Evergreen Retire features contemporary apartments. Our completely furnished living quarters are fully carpeted. Our Suites feature: air-conditioning, heating, private closets, storage, drawers, and a bathroom with a walk-in shower. You are welcome to decorate the apartment and make it your home in every way.
Features of Evergreen Retirement Residence
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Minimum age: 60
- Monthly rent is all inclusive
- Minimum rate: $2,750/month
- State License(s): 191221567
Location of Evergreen Retirement Residence
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities