Brookdale South Lee Buford | Assisted Living

4355 South Lee Street, Buford, GA, 30518

Reviews of Brookdale South Lee Buford | Assisted Living

Julie106551250 May 29, 2015

Brookdale South Lee Buford is the first one I visited. I remember feeling very positive. As far as I remember, the rooms were fine. They were smaller than the other facility. The staffs were very confident and very friendly. They seem to be very attentive and seem to know their residents very well. My impressions were positive. As for activities, they are comparable to everywhere else I visited. They do social outings as well as go to the grocery store and the drug store. There was nothing that stood out either positive or negative on that part.

Caring106501650 May 18, 2015

I had a very nice visit at Brookdale South Lee Buford. I was able to experience lunch at the facility, and the food was very good, but it did not have a lot of variety. It is a much smaller and older place. They have old bathroom and kitchen facilities.

Donna105989750 April 25, 2015

Brookdale was my favorite. The setup is two-story, but it seemed very spacious, warm, and welcoming. The staff was very nice and professional, gave me what I needed, discussedthe facility with me, and gave me the information. The setup looked great. I saw the menu, and it looked good. I looked at someone’s room, and they look fresh and clean. I was really impressed with it.

Holly18 December 06, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at Lake Springs were very caring, but the place was not equipped for someone that has a major handicap like my father-in-law with cerebral palsy. As far as the place itself, it looked clean. The food was good, but it wasn't over the top. They did have a good amount of activities, but they weren't hands-on. The only drawback to the place was the rooms were too small for his power wheelchair. He couldn't maneuver around the bathroom at all. It kind of prohibited him from being able to do for himself, but for somebody that is like in a walker or a manual wheelchair where they can personally stand up on their own and be somewhat mobile, it was perfect. The residents were happy there, and they were friendly. I would recommend it to someone who is mobile. The grounds were always kept clean. They were allowed to go out and walk.

Caring95787350 September 27, 2014

Emeritus seemed very clean and roomy. The only thing that kept us from choosing this is the price. We saw one big room -- there’s no separation -- but it has a bathroom and a closet. I recommend this place to others.

DavidDG July 13, 2014

I visited this building recently. Even though I was taken on a personal tour, there was no sign of life anywhere. Where were the residents ? The other places I toured were happy, active, and engaging. This was a huge red flag for me. This place was recommended to me by a former resident's family. After discussing my experience with them, they did admit that there had been a complete management staffing turnover and things had gone way down since then. Apparently, after several key managers left, the tide turned for the worse. I was not happy to hear this, but it did explain the questions I had. Don't waste your time. Not a happy place. More along the lines of a nursing home. No life or activity.

Caring79245450 March 31, 2014

Emeritus was my least favorite. A home feel is how they try to sell their rooms. They're fairly small, and their dining hall is small. It's not very open. It's older, and I'm not saying that this is bad. It's just all about preference. I think it needs a little work and could use a little sprucing up. I think that facility lends itself to people who prefer to stay in the room and get out for their meals and maybe social functions when they leave. It didn't seem very conducive for people to be out of their rooms. They didn't have very many places. All the others had several places, several different TVs or a game room or a reading room, and this one, because of the age, I don't think it was built in the style that they're building them now.

The main thing that I really liked about them is that they had independent cottages. They'll come in, clean your house once a week, and take care of your light bulbs. Then you went from there to assisted living to the memory care. That was my favorite part.

Faye3 February 26, 2014

Emeritus was very nice. They offered independent living cottages and in the main facility, they had assisted living. We toured one of the cottages and it was in the process of being renovated, new carpet, painting and things like that. We were impressed with the size of the unit and the kitchen and it would be one that we might consider in the future. They offered movies and they showed us this big activity room. They offered a lot of activities that people who were not at the facility could also attend.

Joe Howell August 01, 2013

My mom is moving to Emeritus at Lake Springs Campus and they are wonderful. Their staff are experienced. They really know what they are doing. They take really good care of her. They keep her busy and active. They really go out of their way to be there for somebody and if it isn't for them, to be honest, I don't know what I would have done. They are really good people. When something happens no matter what time of the day, they let me know. They got one of the best maintenance people I have ever seen. They keep the place nice. It felt more like a home. I guess I'm blessed to find them and they are the best facility.

June4 March 21, 2013

I was looking for a personal care home that accepts Medicaid and CCFP clients. I visited Lake Springs and it was a great place, but they just don't accept Medicaid. It's private pay. The place itself is very nice, clean, and up-to-date. The staff is very friendly and they showed me around. Their residents seemed to be happy.

Jewelzz162002 August 21, 2012

The facility is so nice. It was clean; the employees were nice and helpful. The administration was pleasant and very friendly to visitors and residents. They have many activities for the residents to be able to participate in physical exercises that the residents can do. They have different churches come in to teach the word of God. They allow many volunteer to come and provide services for the residents: manicures, pedicures, games, puzzles. There is just a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. The staff seems to really care about the residents and they love what they do. The residents seemed to really like where they live and the amenities that are provided at this facility. The even take the residents to Walmart and different stores. This all provides for as much independence as possible. I really think that this facility is an excellent facility and I would refer family and friends to this facility.

From Brookdale South Lee Buford

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale South Lee Buford

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 15 to 1 and 10 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Personal Care Home
  • State License(s): PCH007785

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid