Belmont Village Buffalo Grove

500 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL, 60089

Reviews of Belmont Village Buffalo Grove

Katherine20 September 07, 2015

My sister-in-law chose Belmont Village, and we are very happy. We chose it because the staff and the residents seemed so happy, it was very light and airy, and the apartments were spacious. She is in a studio, but it is still spacious, and the staff has been very helpful. She wanted a place where people were friendly and social. She needed the socialization, and so far, that seems to have been fine. She has only been there a week, but she finds everybody very helpful. She is in the memory care section, and they do some activities that are memory stimulating; she seems to be enjoying those.

Caring101399450 January 29, 2015

My mother-in-law went to Belmont Village. The staff was very professional, very helpful, and had a very positive attitude. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable. There was a large variety of food available, and it tasted very good. Their dining room was a large open area with a variety of tables -- different sizes and shapes, some round, some square. They had a variety of activities such as bingo and tai-chi, and they had people come in and sing.

March25 December 11, 2014

When I moved my mother to Belmont Village, I needed a place in a hurry. I had looked there and another facility the previous year but decided to wait. Suddenly, my mother needed more supervision due to her advancing dementia. I have found the staff at Belmont Village to be very conscientious. They really seem to care about and for their residents. When my mother had only been there a few weeks staff members who I did not know knew that I was her daughter. The staff notifies me when they have concerns about any changes in her behavior or eating habits. They work hard to keep the residents involved in the activities. My mother is in the Circle of Friends program so she may have more organized activities than some other residents. Belmont Village is always clean. I have never noticed any unpleasant odor and I am there quite often.
I would highly recommend Belmont Village for people with some dementia who need assistance. I don't really know much about other aspects of the facility.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our staff and Circle of Friends program. We're pleased that your mom and your family have had a positive experience with us and we appreciate your being a part of the Belmont Village community.

Caring83715650 December 10, 2014

We visited Belmont Village, but the result is that she decided to go back to Japan. The staff is very cordial, and I thought that was a very friendly place, except the lady that they have worked for had less money to get in. The place is very clean, and it’s very comfortable.

Caring55623650 November 29, 2014

Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove was the best. We actually had my dad in two other places first, but I was unsatisfied. I wanted to go there first, but I just thought my siblings would not agree because of the distance. It is unlike anything I've ever seen, and I've seen 18 places. Belmont Village brings in outside entertainment at least five times a week. They take them to the race track, the Cubs' game, the movies, and concerts. They have a schedule that goes from 8 in the morning until 8 at night. They have constant activities and mind-body awareness training, and all types of crafts and clubs. I would recommend it to anyone if they could afford it to put their parent there.

Debbie98845750 September 14, 2014

I loved the Belmont Village Buffalo Grove, and I think it is a great facility. They were so helpful. I spent two hours there, and the staff was so nice. The residents were highly entertained, and they had a program going on that everybody seemed to enjoy. I would love to put my mother in there. It looks perfect. I was not able to try their food, but I looked at the menu, and what a wonderful menu! Not only do they have good variety every day, but they have three specials every day to go with their regular menu. The staff was definitely friendly. I met a few of them in the hallways, and they all had something nice to say.

Nancy79776850 July 30, 2014

Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove is a very nice place, but they are expensive. It's a larger facility and they have three floors. They have an exercise room and they were doing some activities with some people in the hallway. When we visited the place, my mom was with me and she kept complaining to me because the hallways were long and the person that was showing us around didn’t take into consideration of offering us a wheelchair. It was a very long way for my mother to walk and she has a heart condition. It was more of a push for sale than the caring of the person.

Elaine8 May 14, 2013

I did not like Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove because the atmosphere was more like a nursing home. And also the room accommodations were all shared with other residents.

ChinaCait September 27, 2012

This facility was new when I started coming there. It obviously had the start up business jitters but it quickly shook them off and from what I saw everything seemed on the up and up. The patients were well cared for and as opposed to the stereotype of the nursing home where no one knows anyone else and the staff are evil I saw actual care in the eyes of the nursing staff. The food staff was actually happy because the rules allowing them to talk and be themselves were there. Happy employees mean happy customers who in this case are the people living there. Assisted living means they help not do it for you and that boundary was strictly enforced in order to allow the elderly and injured the most possible independence. I would recommend this facility to any elderly or family that needs a place to feel secure and comfortable in their given environment.

Amanda Jane July 06, 2012

I really enjoyed Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove. They have so many things that make assisted living seem fun instead of dependent. They offer many activities for their residents to participate in, and it helps them interact with others and make friends. They also offer transportation to places like stores and churches so residents aren't cooped up inside. Of course, the most reassuring is the well-trained staff and the licensed nurse who is available 24/7. The bedrooms and main room have a home-y feel and they offer medium-sized rooms and larger rooms. There is also a workout room for more fit residents. The dining room is very nice and the food looked delicious, served in restaurant style dining. Overall, every resident at Belmont Village looked happy, healthy, and well taken care of. No one was neglected, but everyone was still independent. The staff and administration were very kind and I almost applied for a job there because it looked so awesome!

Momma Goose June 23, 2012

My mom was diagnosed with dementia. At the time, she lived alone, and her neighbors called me with concerns for their safety. So, y mom was moved to Belmont Village, and her safety was no longer at risk. They did some things to keep the dementia residents active, but thinking about it, they could have done more. Much time was spent watching TV. However, we especially enjoyed the outdoor area that had lots of sunshine and fresh air. The food there was very good. We had many meals with all the residents, and the restaurant-like atmosphere made it seem like mom was on vacation. The holiday dinners were very nice, too. Mom had her own room, complete with her furniture, so visiting was similar to seeing her in her own apartment, which was an emotional positive on our part. There was a time when I thought mom was given too many meds, but the nurse and employees addressed the situation.

cwindal May 19, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My mother moved from a two bedroom/bathroom, condominium to a studio apartment. She could have taken a larger apartment but the quickness of her move didn't give her adequate time to think things through.

Until her move, Mom was independent, drove, shopped, attended church and other activities. Although Belmont offers many activities, Mom describes them as "going to school" and she rejects a number of activities that would get her out of her room and interacting with others. She does enjoy Wednesday afternoon wine, cheese and entertainment.

Although Mom was a regular church goer, she has stopped now since she must take the Belmont bus which drops off the residents, assists them into a special place in the church that will accomodate wheelchairs and the like. Mom believes the Belmont crew "look like a spectacle." "We don't even go to the front of the church for communion," she says. " Someone brings it to us."

Mom actually does participate in many activities and most enjoys the morning "chair" exerciscs. She is with people her age and she enjoys her interactions and shared experiences. Over all, Mom is "happy to have found this place." My sister and I are also quite satisfied with Belmont Village and the care Mom is receiving.

From Belmont Village Buffalo Grove

Once upon a time, Buffalo Grove was a small community of homesteaders and land speculators who wanted to establish a “good place” to live. These pioneers were not unlike the founders of Belmont Village who, following years of careful planning, established a facility that was a “good place” for assisted living. True to its roots, Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove, Illinois celebrates the vision of its founders.

Our community is located in an attractive residential suburb in northwest Chicago, convenient to numerous shopping malls, healthcare facilities and places of worship for our diverse population. In addition to walking trails on the grounds, there are nearby parks, farms, museums and the historic village of Long Grove for all to explore. Our community also benefits from very supportive families, who live and work in the area. Together with Belmont's well-trained and energetic team of professionals, a sense of kinship is created that benefits everyone in the community.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming

Features of Belmont Village Buffalo Grove

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum memory care rate: $5,320/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Assisted Living 5104242
  • State License(s): 5104242

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Belmont Village Buffalo Grove