Reviews of The Cottage at Artesia Gardens
Caring6458 January 24, 2013
I am a friend or relative of a resident
The Cottage at Artesia Gardens is just three blocks from my house. My dad has been there for about four months now. He shares a room with another resident. Everything's fine in there. They have doctors that come in to check the patients regularly.
anonymous687 August 02, 2011
The mother and son who run this organization have been involved in the memory care business for over 15 years. A renovation which took place a few years ago has allowed for Artesia Gardens to blossom and prosper as a up-and-coming community. On one visit, I saw a caregiver calm a man by validating his feelings. Apparently, the man believed that someone had stolen his wallet. Instead of telling him that no such wallet existed, the caretaker, asked the person with dementia several open-ended questions. This allowed for the person with dementia to share this feelings, concerns, and emotions with her. It gave me a feeling that Richman Gardens takes pride in selecting employees who are compassionate.
From The Cottage at Artesia Gardens
Artesia Gardens provides the highest level of care with a warm and personal touch under the direction of qualified, licensed professionals. Artesia Gardens is a unique residential care facility for 55 elderly individuals requiring assisted living due to Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders.
We offer a warm homelike atmosphere and secured environment for those residents who wander. Interiors are homey, intended to create a sense of familiarity and well-being. All rooms are kept clean and fresh smelling. Indoor and outdoor activities are all year-round. Conveniently located, family owned for more than 20 years, Artesia Gardens provides quality, affordable care and 24 hour supervision. Artesia Gardens is the perfect alternative to premature nursing home placement for only half of the cost.
Artesia Gardens Provides
- 24-hour supervision and monitoring of activities of daily living.
- Supervision and assistance of physician's prescription.
- Modified diets as ordered by physicians.
- Three delicious home cooked meals and snacks.
- Birthdays and other special occasions celebrated.
- Assistance on personal hygiene.
- Management of bladder and bowel incontinence.
- Bedside can for temporary illness.
- Physicians, podiatrist, dentist and psychiatrist home visits available.
- Maid, linen and personal laundry services.
- Home health and rehabilitation services available.
- Onsite beautician services.
- Hospice services available
- Visiting hours open.
We also offer a complete Respite Care Program seven days a week. We provide 24-hour respite from one to thirty days. Respite care residents enjoy all the amenities and activities as full time residents.
Artesia Gardens offers Hospice Care if needed. Residents can continue to live at our facility and will be cared by the Hospice team as well as our staff to meet all their needs.
Serving Buena Park and the surrounding cities of La Palma, La Mirada, Cerritos, Cypress, Downey, Fullerton, Stanton, Artesia, Anaheim, La Habra, Norwalk, Los Alamitos, Brea and Bellflower. Thank you for your interest at Artesia Gardens. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.
What Makes Us Special
Our pledge to our family members is that we watch these signs and stay vigilant on nutrition, medication and other therapies. One thing we do know from first hand experience: medium size facility like ours is by far the best environment for our aging seniors. Our month-to-month fees are very reasonable and all-inclusive. There is no long-term contract to sign.
Features of The Cottage at Artesia Gardens
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Internet in residents' rooms
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
- Physical therapy
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- 24-hour security gate
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Guests can attend meals
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- We charge an entry fee
- Minimum rate: $3,500/month
- Minimum memory care rate: $3,500/month
- Pets: Small pets allowed
- Minimum age: 55
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
- State License(s): 306003438
Location of The Cottage at Artesia Gardens
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities