Elmcroft of Downriver

19697 Allen Rd, Brownstown Township, MI, 48183

Reviews of Elmcroft of Downriver

Brenda84760250 January 28, 2016

My mother is at Elmcroft. I really enjoy the staff and the people that run it. They make me feel comfortable. She has only been there for a few weeks, and so far, so good. The food seems very nice. It seems to be nutritional. They have a kitchen and a dining room. I’ve been there a couple of times when my mother was eating, and the food seemed well-balanced. She likes it. In fact, she has even put on a little weight. My brother is a mile away, which is major plus for my mother, so he gets to see her every day. That’s one major benefit for me. My mother has grandchildren that are all in that area. The nice thing about Elmcroft, too, is that I get to purchase her furniture. She likes what I bought her, and it is like her own little area. That is another thing that I like. She has a roommate, but they have a little living room area. My mother has her privacy, and she needs that.

Happy Resident9 December 30, 2015

My parents are at Elmcroft of Downriver. We chose them because not a lot of facilities in the area have memory care and we needed that for my mom. The biggest complain my dad has is the food is not always the greatest, but as far as the staff they are all very friendly and accommodating. He has no issues with his room.

Chris114982050 November 30, 2015

Elmcroft of Downriver was a little pricey. They have a very nice facility, but my mom does not need that much care, so this facility is not a good fit for her. They have a very effective program. When I visited, there were several people with an event coordinator planning a dance. I was also pleased with this facility. In fact, we almost placed my mom there. The dining area looked like first-class dining with fantastic facilities.

Bobbi11 July 31, 2015

At Elmcroft Of Downriver, the rooms were nice. They did look pretty except for the fact that there were mostly Alzheimer's patients. My dad is not that advanced yet. For us, it was not going to be as inviting for my dad because he is still very cognitive of his surroundings, but it would be a wonderful place if you have a patient with Alzheimer's. They did say they offer community time and shopping, but at the same time, we saw the residents in the cafeteria, and they looked like they were sitting at their tables within their own little world. They were not conversing with one another because of the Alzheimer's. It was very sad to know people get to that point in life.

Based on my experience, they needed to let us know that they were truly an Alzheimer's facility. We were really excited because they would take my father's long-term care insurance with no hassle, but at the same time, it was because they were an Alzheimer's facility, and his long-term care insurance is geared towards Alzheimer's. If you have that need, this would be a good place. It was beautiful inside, the building was nice, and the apartments were OK, but the atmosphere was so different because of the patients not being interactive with one another. You really could tell that they were Alzheimer's patients. However, they were very nice, the staff was wonderful, and the home itself was beautiful. They had beautiful woodwork on their doors, and they had French doors on a lot of the different offices, but it was just the level of patients' awareness that turned us off. The patients were to the point where they really needed to have the Alzheimer's type care, whereas my dad would not have fit in. My dad is still very alert, talkative, and very busy, and those people were not, just because of their disease.

caring14231 December 31, 2013

Elmcroft of DownRiver really looks pretty and nice. There's only one lady who showed us around. She seemed very pleasant. They have a little bus that I'm sure would take the people here and there.

felic1 January 05, 2013

My mom hasn't moved in to Elmcroft yet. But I chose this facility because of its reasonable price for a 2-bedroom and it's not far from the house. They help in medication, laundry, three meals a day, housekeeping, and she can have cable TV. They have recreational activities. They have a beauty shop where you can get your hair and nails done. The staff was very gracious and nice.

kshamrock20 July 12, 2012

My great aunt stayed at Elmcroft of Down River last year. It's located in Browstown, MI, which is not too far west of Detroit. I found the facility to be somewhat average, maybe slightly above. I don't have much to compare it to, but it didn't seem like a luxury facility by any stretch, but it also didn't seem to be repulsive. It seemed comfortable and the workers who waited on my aunt the few times I was there seemed affable enough. My only concern was my aunt's lack of activity. She didn't do a whole lot while she was staying there. I'm not sure if that was a reflection on the home not encouraging activities or simply my aunt's own petulant nature. Anyhow, I think this home is adequate. It didn't seem like a poor choice of residence at all.

From Elmcroft of Downriver

Residents of Elmcroft of Downriver are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Features of Elmcroft of Downriver