The Grande

725 Desoto Ave, Brooksville, FL, 34601

Reviews of The Grande

Liz C. August 31, 2015

Having to make the decision to put my mom in an assisted living facility was a difficult one. I visited several different ALF's in Spring Hill and Brooksville over a 3 month period and ultimately chose The Grande. It was clean, the staff was very friendly and the food was great. We recently moved my mom in and she is adjusting well, thanks to the staff. She even brags to her sister, who is in an ALF in PennsyIvania, about the food. Kudos to Chef Katie! I have nothing but good things to say about The Grande and would recommend the facility to anyone having to make the decision to put their loved one in an ALF.

Maureen19 June 13, 2015

The Grande was very nice, and the food was great, but my mom just feels like it’s a nursing home. The rooms were very clean, and the people were very nice and respectful. The clientele that’s there were all very happy looking and all said hello. They have bingo and singing as part of their activities.

Jeena April 19, 2015

The Grande LLC was not updated or well-kept. The staff was accommodating and friendly, but they were not as professional. The dining room was adequate; it wasn't huge, but it was acceptable. The rooms were a good size and very spacious. I didn't like the place, so I got in and got out pretty quickly; I didn't pay too much attention. It had more of an asylum feel. It was cheaper, and the rooms were bigger, but it wasn't a nice place.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear about your experience at The Grande and appreciate your sincere review. I've passed your feedback onto our Resident Relations team for their review. Please feel free to call them as well at 1-800-370-8331 if you have anything else to add. Thanks, Katie

Caring98002150 February 11, 2015

We went to The Grande. The converted a hospital into an assisted living. It smelled like a hospital. It wasn't as clean as it should have been. The food was terrible. The place wasn't cheerful; people need to be cheerful. I was not comfortable at The Grande.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so very sorry that you had a negative experience at The Grande. Making visitors and residents feel welcome is a key component to the Holiday lifestyle, so I passed your review on to our Resident Relations department. You're welcome to call them as well if you'd like to share any other part of your experience with them. Their number is 1-800-370-8331. My apologies once more and thank you for leaving a sincere review.

mhowell November 03, 2014

THis place is terrible. The service is always bad. he workers are always changing. No one knows what is going on. The director is leaving. There is no organization. My Dad took the bus to Publix and the driver didn't come back for two hours. THe nurses do not give my Dad his meds on time. If he doesn't ask for them he doesn't get them. He is in assisted living. The is no assisting.

The food is terrible. No meat for most lunches. My Dad ways 3500.00 for what? Keep your family away.

Hi - thanks so much for reaching out. We're very sorry to hear about your father's negative experience at The Grande. We'd like to know more details about his experience and see if there's anything we can do to rectify the situation. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations line, 1-800-370-8331, at your convenience.

Susan89571050 July 31, 2014

The Grande's comfort level is better. They have Bingo for all the residents. They have different people come in and entertain them. They have sing-a-longs, card games, and all kinds of activities for residents to be more involved and to get to know each other. The food is very good. If they don't eat in the dining room, they can eat in their own room; food will be delivered to them. There were never any questionst that the staff could not answer. My dad lived there independently before he moved to assisted living. He just pushes a button and they'll assist him with anything he needs. My dad left from the Grande and went to rehab for five months; then he went back to the Grande. During the rehab process, they helped us get him back to assisted living instead of a nursing home facility. The director there -- she is phenomenal -- better than I've seen in any other facility that I have visited.

Caring81934750 May 29, 2014

I was very happy there at The Grande. I thought they were excellent. They seemed to be very attentive to the residents. I thought everything was wonderful. The rooms that I saw appeared to be suitable for the specific resident, whatever their needs were. The rooms appeared to be comfortable and seemed well lit.

Reeni April 30, 2014

The Grande is more like an institution because it used to be a hospital. They are trying to redo it into an assisted living and independent living. The apartments were very large and spacious. The courtyard in the middle was nice. The dining room operates at certain hours. They invited Mom and Dad for a free weekend, so they were very generous with that. They need an exercise room because they don’t have one. They weren’t organized yet because they are still starting.

Mary64782050 June 29, 2013

We decided to choose The Grande because the rooms were spacious and they had more selection for independent living. The price is affordable about $1800 a month.

grande fan January 04, 2012

This place is what it says GRANDE love the staff and the residents are also GRANDE!! so compassionate I felt like a King as soon as I stepped foot in the door

From The Grande

The Grande is one of Florida's premier retirement communities, featuring both independent and assisted living services.

The Grande is located in Brooksville, Florida. This award-winning rural city hosts regular live music, antique car shows, and the annual Brooksville Founders' Week Celebration.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Located in Downtown Historical Brooksville

Features of The Grande

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Golf
  • Hiking trails
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55