Spring Oaks

7251 Grove Rd, Brooksville, FL, 34613

Reviews of Spring Oaks

Diana S January 26, 2016

My sister has been in Spring Oaks since September. It's very well-kept, they have a bookkeeper working there, and the food is fantastic. Even the residents love it. They tell us all the time that they've been to several others, and this is the best one they've ever found. The staff is wonderful, very informative, and they're right there to answer questions. They had to put my sister in the hospital last night because she got real violent, and they took care of her. They brought her back last night, and they called me right away to inform me. It's very convenient, and her doctor is just down at the highway. They have a room where they go to eat. Before they go into eat, there's a lady that stands there asking questions just to help their mind before they go in. There are activities, and entertainment. There was a really nice entertainment guy singing Western music the other day when I was there, and it was fantastic. At Christmas-time, they brought little small packages in for all of the residents. There's a Valentine's party coming up, and family members can come to that. There's a bar that has snacks during the day; like donuts or cookies they can get anytime they want.

notfitforhumans October 28, 2015

Nobody should have to live in a place like this. Two strangers crammed into a room meant for one person, sharing a toilet with 2 other strangers in an adjoining room. Not a square inch of privacy. Too often the staff forgets to take patients down the hall to the showers, which are only scheduled twice a week. No hot water in the sink in the room. Extremely small storage area. Depressing!

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a negative experience at Spring Oaks. Have you spoken to your community management team about the possibility of getting a private room? Private rooms are available at Spring Oaks, so if you were to move into one, that would alleviate your concerns around privacy. Thanks again, Katie

IAMLA8 June 25, 2015

My mother in law has been here for 6 months. We moved her after 2 yrs from the snotty and over priced Timber Pines( not the apartments) where her meds came up missing, the nurses lied to your face and she was just a body to them. We are so thrilled with the care, love and real concern that the staff has for my mother in law. She has a nice room to her self with her own furniture and shares a toilet with another lady. The staff knows her name, gives her lots of hugs and conversation. The food is okay, she is not losing weight by no means. There are no foul smells in the hallways, no one slumped over in a wheel chair and shoved into a hall/room. I judge this place by the staff, not the fancy chandeliers. I can't tell you how much we worry LESS than where she was at before. The decision to have to place a loved one in a facility is hard enough, but here, they made the transition for us all so easy.

anonymous100325750 January 19, 2015

Spring Oaks was very clean, and the staff was very professional. I do not know if I would recommend this facility to others. I guess it would depend on the person that I am talking to. It was very small.

Larry42 December 26, 2014

Everything about Spring Oaks is good. I can't say anything bad about it at all. Everybody is perfect. It is just the best management you could imagine. The food is three quarters good, and my wife and I have one room together. It has two beds, and it has got air conditioning and heat, a private toilet, a refrigerator, a couple of cabinets to put your stuff in, and a great big window. I would say absolutely nothing but the best about the staff. Everyone is cheerful, happy, nice, and happy. There couldn't be a better place around here.

Caring96604350 November 11, 2014

I also visited Spring Oaks. The staff was excellent. They were more friendly, and I had more information. Of all the three places, this was my favorite. It had a beautiful and sunny atmosphere. The apartment looked very nice. They looked fine and had a better look than the other one I visited. It had a skylight coming through. So, there was sunlight shining. It as bright and cheerful, and everything looked very nice and clean. The people seemed happy. They had all sorts of things, and the lady who does the activities was really cheerful, upbeat, and she was very positive. I thought they could improve on their entrance because their reception seemed a little formal and old fashioned.

Caring72805861 July 31, 2014

I visited Spring Oaks. It's smaller than what I wanted. I like that they had skilled nursing inside the memory unit. They had somebody come in that was singing to the people, and they were dancing. I like the management. We talked for about an hour and a half. They have dining rooms that they can pick some food from. They let you bring you your furniture in. You can visit anytime you want, and mom can take her dog.

Edith4 December 13, 2013

The people at Spring Oaks were nice and the staff were wonderful. The facility is clean. They have these handicapped busses that takes you to the hospital or to where you want to go.

Mary64782050 June 29, 2013

The meal schedule at Spring Oaks was ridiculous. They had 6 am for breakfast, 11 am for lunch and 4 pm for dinner. It won't work for us. We have lunch with them and it was okay, but not great.

caring5648 May 18, 2013

My mother and father are together now in Spring Oaks. Actually, dad just joined her yesterday. My main goal was to care for them, but not only that, they've been married for sixty five years and I wanted them to be together. They could accommodate my dad's special diet because he aspirates, and also take care of my mom's dementia needs. Dad's physical needs are now more than mom's. Mom is developing dementia, and dad's diet is a concern, so I can't tell you that it's wonderful. Their menu and food is fine, but it is not home cooking, so they don't really like it. They have entertainment, crafts, and Bingo; and those are things that both of them enjoy. They want to go home because they don't want to be in what they consider an institution. But for me, I feel that they are in the safest place.

From Spring Oaks

Named Florida's Outstanding Rural Community of the Year in 2000, Brooksville is home to Spring Oaks senior living community which provides local seniors with assisted living and memory care services. Nestled on five quiet acres, Spring Oaks provides residents with a safe and comfortable environment. With chef-prepared meals, a full calendar of engaging activities, and scheduled transportation, we give seniors the services they need so you can enjoy your retirement. At Spring Oaks, we look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones into our community to share a meal, a game of bean bag baseball, or to simply discuss your options.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Spring Oaks