Tradition

8500 Tessman Farm Rd N, Brooklyn Park, MN, 55445

Reviews of Tradition

Gayle20 December 15, 2015

At Tradition, the staff was really nice and welcoming. However, I noticed right away when I came in that the facility wasn’t well taken care of, and the smell was atrocious. There were a lot of people in the common room, and the atmosphere was friendly, but I wouldn’t put anybody I care for there. Even though it’s brand-new, it’s already looking rundown. They need to clean the facility.

Amy T. November 16, 2015

My mother is at Tradition and loves it. She is doing well, has settled in, and is really excited to be there. Her apartment is beautiful. The staff is lovely and invites her to play Scrabble and see movies. With regard to their food, she has already gained two pounds.

Caring105138850 April 23, 2015

The rooms at Tradition were spacious, and the dining room was pretty big. They had a lot of staff and a lot of care.

caring for you March 03, 2015

We moved our parents into this facility almost 3 years ago. Everything seemed to be great. Close to us to oversee them. However over this time drastic turnover has been seen. Digging deeper, accounts for nursing care being double paid, changing their rates without any changes to their care. Changing their ACH withdrawl without our approval....Astronomical fees un-itemized invoicing???? ...being directed in circles...never getting straight answers...unresponsive in phone calls shall I go on. Frustration is at its peak! If anyone reading this has family living here, please dig into their expenses and I can guarantee they are being overcharged. Rating AWFUL. It is not care it is greed!

Emeraldtiara2001 March 09, 2014

This was our first and only stop in looking for senior living with assistance for my parents. Its beautiful the bathrooms are huge! They let you customize your apartment and chef on staff. Bummer part was the renovations going on and the sheer size but my folks love it! Excited for them and the next phase of their life!

Arlyss1 February 28, 2014

We love Tradition. We really like it. Actually that was the one we were going to pick because three of my siblings live within three miles of that one. The facility was extremely clean and very well kept. We love it. It was also very welcoming. We went there three different times and each time the residents looked so happy. They were doing crafts, etc. They were all just busy doing something and were saying "hi" and welcoming my mother, and yet they didn't even know her. Everybody seemed friendly and happy and, to me, that's a really big deal. Each floor had a different color for their guests. With regards to physical structure, The Tradition was the one that was built more as an apartment building so it was big. It did have a total apartment setting where you have your own washer/dryer. However, the facility per se was a little too much for my mother. I mean it was too big. We felt she would be lost in it.

Jim37 September 26, 2013

Tradition Independent and Assisted Living is physically attractive which is very important. The rooms are set out more nicely. They also have balconies. My mother was really drawn into that. The food was very delicious and there were generous portions. The people serving were considerate. They often have exchange students so you are often being served by somebody from another culture who's learning English. To me that's attractive because I'm very culturally diverse-oriented.

From Tradition

Beautifully located on historic Tessman Farm in Brooklyn Park, Tradition offers active seniors 55 and better one, one-plus den, two bedroom and two- plus den independent living and assisted living apartments for rent. Your full size apartment include a washer and dryer, individual climate control with central air, and a fully equipped kitchen. Some include walk in closets. Most apartments have a deck or patio. Heated underground parking is also available. Our community's amenities include an activity parlor with full kitchen, resident library, billiard room and game room with Wii gaming system, fitness room, beauty salon, outdoor patios with grill, a private dining room and guest suite for out of town visitors and more. Services at Tradition include concierge service 7 days a week, a lively schedule of activities, outings and life enriching events, wellness programs and scheduled transportation to events, shopping and medical appointments.

Residents can age in place by adding additional service choices including fine dining, up to three meals per day, and housekeeping and laundry service. A emergency pendant system is available, and we have 24 hour home health care on site. Health care services we provide include assistance with activities with daily living. Tradition embraces the belief that residents deserve choices, control and flexibility when it comes to living their lives. Our LifeSTYLE Promise is a pledge to deliver a vast array of services and benefits, without compromise and with an uncommon level of flexibility. Located off of State Route 169 in Brooklyn Park, enjoy the convenience of shopping, dining, banking, pharmacy services, medical clinics, a post office and public transportation close by. Whether you live independently or require a helping hand, we would love to show you more about your lifestyle choices at Tradition. Please call us today and schedule your personal tour. We look forward to hearing from you!

Features of Tradition

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: 1bd+den and 2bd+den
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, W/D in residence

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental