Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay

2211 Emmons Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11235

Reviews of Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay

Michael117652250 December 21, 2015

I think the rooms at Sunrise of Sheepshead Bay are nice. It’s a very well-kept facility, very clean, and the people seem friendly. After speaking with several people, it did seem like it’s the top choice in Brooklyn. The staff is very pleasant, and the food is fairly good. They have trivial pursuit, word games like hangman, bingo, and some other things. My brother seems happy there.

Karen115406450 October 29, 2015

I went to see Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay. The place is very clean. It has a nice, homey feeling. The rooms were a little bit on the small side. The directors were very nice and informative.

Diane113430950 September 30, 2015

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is lovely. It is very homey. It looks like a boutique hotel and it is right on the bay, so in the summer, it is very nice. They have a nice dining room. I can't say too much about the care because my husband has only been there for a little over a week. The food is very good. They give them a menu. They have a choice of food and they can pick what they want. They do have activities, but I think they could do a little bit more as far as the activities are concerned. They have somebody come in and play some music once a week, but they don't seem to have too many activities. I wasn't too happy about that. The rooms are nice. They have a different variety. My husband has a private room. Then they also have little apartments for couples with a bedroom and a living-dining room type thing.

Eric23 September 20, 2015

I like that Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay has a lot of activities for the residents. They have day trips, and occasionally they'll have barbecue outdoors and games. They try to keep everyone busy. We were quite happy in terms of the way it looked, the way it was organized, and the staff itself. Unfortunately, they were full, and we had to put our names as a possibility once an opening came about.

Caring107160050 May 03, 2015

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is fabulous. I visited two locations for Sunrise, and both are great. They have very good service, and it is very clean. They are really good and very attentive. I went with my mom, and she said she would go now if I would pay for her. She was ready to sign up, but she doesn't need assisted living. We all loved it. It is located on a strip of restaurants right by the water. There are ships that go off for fishing or entertainment cruises. It is a very happening strip and a very lively area which I thought would be good for my father. He could take a stroll and be among a lot of people. The summer is great, and they have a lot of seafood which he loves. They have a lot of clam bars. That is what I thought was best about that place.

Jovanne February 25, 2015

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is OK. Everybody was pleasant. The rooms are a lot larger, and they look clean. They have one large room where they come in to do the activities. They can get their hair done on certain days. They have a manicurist come to do their manicure and pedicure. They have an outdoor time where they are supposed to go out every day. The facility is clean and well lit. For me, it was a nice welcoming experience.

Caring95705050 November 05, 2014

My great aunt is in Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay. So far, the feedback is pretty good. The people there seem to be very caring, and the facilities are nice. I would recommend them because I never had anything bad happen, and it seemed like a beautiful place.

Caring81297950 April 02, 2014

Mom is in Sunrise and it's wonderful. The staff is wonderful; the rooms are lovely, it's very comfortable. It's naturally light-filled, and it's a very warm and caring place. The food is very good. They have bingo, word games, and musical activities. They have trips outside of the facility to various restaurants or shopping.

Gail16 December 30, 2013

Sunrise is our choice because of its location and promotion. It is in a very nice location at the bay with boats. It seems to be clean and well kept. The people are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. My mother is in a studio with a shared kitchenette. It is small but it is good that she has private bath and not a shared bath. The food is fine. The portions are reasonable and they have a selection for each course. They have a lot of activities for the residents. They go on trips. They have restaurants and stores within one or two blocks distance.

Carl 2 January 05, 2013

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is a nice 4-story facility. Mom seems to like a few of the staff that take care of her. She gets three meals a day, they bathe her, and they help her get into bed. They even have a beauty parlor. They also have people come in for activities, although my mother rarely participate. There are certain things that she don't want to do. But I feel like they should be a little more aggressive or a little more forceful on her to do stuff, especially with exercise. But I understand they don't want to cause an issue.

JoyceH August 08, 2011

I have my both aunts at Sunrise Assisted Living and they are doing great. The facility is clean and inviting. The staff is great, they all know how to deal with the aged, and the residents seem very happy with their enviroment. Just because you have gotten older, doesn't mean you have to stop your life...you just need some help...

FreeChee June 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

The rooms were all clean, and the staff was friendly and accommodating. The helped my grandpa with everything he needed, ensured he took his medicine when he needed it, and genuinely seemed to make an attempt to keep him happy. The only downsides were that the rooms were small, and the food was not very good. However, for the price, I believe that using the facility was a great decision. When my grandpa passed away, the nurses seemed not just sympathetic, but understanding and upset themselves. It was great to see a place like this after some of the horror stories you hear about other places.

About Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is an assisted living facility in Brooklyn, NY that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay