Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities
Reviews of Bronxwood Home for the Aged
Overview of Ratings
July 07, 2015
I visited this facility
"When I found Caring.com and talked with an advisor, my stress just melted. I knew they would find a home for Mom."
- Robin Fritz
Trusted by Families
Founded in 2007, we’ve helped over 500,000 families find the perfect home for their loved one.
We partner with local care providers to keep our service completely free for you.
Our Family Advisors have the latest pricing details for thousands of communities nationwide.
We are here for you – whether you're just starting your search or need to find care fast.
Our knowledgeable Family Advisors will work within your budget and help you find financial assistance.
We’ll help you find providers who can provide the level of care that your loved one needs.
Features of Bronxwood Home for the Aged
- Minimum Rate: $1225/month
- All Inclusive Rent
Room and housing options
- Housing Extra: We Provide Shared Or Private Rooms With Private Bathrooms. There Are No Rooms With Cooking Or Sitting Areas.
- Room Service For Meals
- Beauty Barber Shop
- Computer Room
- Resident Transportation
- Garden And Patio
- Resident Parking
- Security Gate
- Laundry For Clothing
Technology and entertainment
- Cable In Rooms
- Nurse On Staff: Limited Hours Per Week, On Call 24/7
- Guests At Mealtime
- Low Fat
- Low Salt
- Minimum Age: 60
- Pets: No Pets Allowed
About Bronxwood Home for the Aged
A non-profit Adult Care and Assisted Living Residence proudly serving The Bronx and greater Metropolitan area for over 35 years. Bronxwood offers you an enjoyable and affordable independent lifestyle in a supervised, supportive and well appointed environment. At Bronxwood, you have access to a full range of hospitality and recreational services with additional help and hands-on assistance through our exclusive Assisted Living Program. Our seasoned staff are committed to coordinating all of your care needs and strive to promote your independence and progress. At Bronxwood, we endeavor to meet your needs and exceed your expectations.
- Choose a private or semi-private room complete with full bath and utilities.
- Relax in our common areas equipped with lounges, library, cinema room, game room, and designated smoking areas.
- Our well equipped recreation center features a computer lab for letter writing and web surfing.
- We offer a wide range of social activities and crafts programs.
- Attend a variety of social and educational programs or join our trips to Atlantic City and other local entertainment venues.
- Take advantage of our shaded outdoor patio areas or stroll to local shops within blocks of our residence.
Life at Bronxwood
- Medical suite conveniently located on-site
- Physical therapy services on-site
- Physical fitness and wellness programs
- Theater, media rooms, and computer center
- On-site activities including arts and crafts, game room, and bingo
- Trips to your favorite attractions and venues
- Resident-operated snack & beverage bar centrally located in the atrium
- Library offering a full range of books, DVD's, and magazines
- Community and family events such as annual Bronxwood Day
- Weekly live entertainment
- Designated smoking areas
- Tranquil outdoor lounges