Brookdale Cedar Ridge Assisted Living

10107 S Garnett Rd, Broken Arrow, OK, 74011

Reviews of Brookdale Cedar Ridge | Assisted Living

December 31, 2013

By Janet45

My mom is in Emeritus at Cedar Ridge. It is gorgeous. The food looks and seems good. Her room is always clean. The nurses and aids are really caring. The residents there seems happy and well care for. I like it that there are a lot of people and my mom can socialize more.

October 25, 2013

The reasons why I choose Emeritus at Cedar Ridge because the staff is outstanding and it provide services that she needs for her Alzheimer's. I would definitely recommend this facility. In fact, I have already paid a month and a half in advance just to hold the room for her. They are outstanding and I feel that mom would be extremely happy there.

October 25, 2013

Emeritus was a nice facility. They have choices; they have cottages and regular in-house rooms. The people working there were gracious especially with the pressure they were on with all the extra people they had taken in from another hospital.

September 23, 2013

By my mom's the best

The first thing that I looked at when I visited Emeritus was the cleanliness and the attitude of the caregivers. The facility looked well maintained and clean. The staff was very helpful and nice. They also had nice rooms. They had a lot of activities, but my mom wouldn't be able to participate in any of them because she's too far with Alzheirmer's.

July 25, 2013

By caring0711313

I visited Emeritus at Cedar Ridge for my parents. I was impressed with this facility. You can tell that it was not brand new, but it was well-maintained. Their staff was really nice and very friendly and the residents that I spoke to were really talkative and they looked like they were very well taken care of.

December 31, 2012

By mymomsson

Over the last several years this facility has changed ownership and operational procedured. While beautiful, it is not well run. There is a huge turnover of caregivers on the memory unit side. Now, this isn't unusual in health care, but at this facility, which is private pay and expensive, one would think the health care providers would be well paid and highly skilled. Now, perhaps they are, but the problem is that there is usually on two of them who are trying to take care of over 40+ memory challenged elderly folks. They have to serve the meals, clean up messes, assist in getting people ready for bed and into bed, give meds and do a host of a hundred other things all the time, including running to doors to let visitors in. These poor employees are so overworked, it is no wonder they don't stick around! The rooms on the memory care unit are now mostly double occupancy. This means you can no longer sit in the room you pay a lot of money for and visit with your loved one. Further, there is no privacy anywhere within the memory care unit. And sitting with memory challenged adults is challenging because they don't understand that you're not their loved one. So they constantly interrupt and when the workers are all tied up and nowhere around, it can get frustrating. To be fair, there is a nice room up front (outside of the memory care unit) where you can visit, but the chairs and sofas are as hard as a rock. After having had my parent there for 3 years, it was time for us to have to go due to finances. Upon our departure, we were treated rudely by the administrator. The staff was great in helping us, but not the administrator. This person would not look at us, would not talk to us and would not help us. It was awkward and extremely unprofessional. If you choose to use this facility, know up front that it is ASSISTED LIVING. If your parent, who has Alzheimers, can do lots of stuff for themselves, then you need assisted living. Now that we are in a facility with full assistance, we see that our loved one needed way more care than we were getting here. Everything is expensive here and you will not be treated with grace, care or concern once you sign the papers. Want to eat with your loved one? it's $5 and you'd better give notice by golly or forget it! What was once a nice place has really changed and not for the better.

January 05, 2012

By commercesd

We were in Broken Arrow seeing another facility as an option for our grandmother, so thought we'd stop into this one, as well. We did not have an appointment, yet the staff cheerfully accommodated us with a tour. We first noticed how well the grounds were kept and landscaped so beautifully. The communal areas were all spacious, as were the apartments - with really modern and elegant décors to choose from. The barber and salon looked great, too. We knew our grandmother would really like that. The general vibe of the place is friendly and warm. Residents could be seen relaxing and enjoying themselves everywhere. They are often taken on outings into the charming downtown region for specialty dining, culture, and to explore the many things to do and see. The many local rivers, lakes and wineries could make for some awesome adventures. There are very good hospitals nearby, as well. The staff tailors activity plans for each resident and seems very compassionate toward all of them. Our grandmother has always taken very good care of us, so this is the most important thing to us. The meals we saw all looked delicious. Each dining area featured a different setting to choose from and the snacks listed looked really appetizing. The residents may order anything they like at any time. There is an emergency call box in each dwelling with a regularly updated fire and security system. The staff here seemed really caring and very interested in ensuring that each resident was content and well-cared for. The interaction that we saw confirmed how we felt while were were there -- like this was a good group of people to entrust with the care of our aunt - and that she would really thrive in this environment.

Photos of Brookdale Cedar Ridge

Features of Brookdale Cedar Ridge

About Brookdale Cedar Ridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Cedar Ridge