Brookdale Brighton | Michigan Assisted Living

833 East Grand River Avenue, Brighton, MI, 48116

Reviews of Brookdale Brighton | Michigan Assisted Living

CaringFamily2 July 29, 2014

Brighton Emeritus has the potential of being a wonderful place for your love one. The common areas are getting an update, the apartments while dated are small and nice, the care services friendly and helpful, and staff dedicated. Unfortunately, there is a but...

The food lacks any imagination and flavor. The dated heating and cooling systems challenging at best, not functional for weeks at a time, at worst. The repair staff try, but lack the training and project management skills to make good on many commitments. The most troubling thing is the amount of time over 20 minutes when the cord is pulled.

I'm confident if management focuses on these areas of weakness, Brighton Emeritus could once again be a great place for mom or dad.

Caring88888750 June 30, 2014

I like some of the residents who have enough of their faculties that I can carry on a conversation with them at Emeritus at Brighton. The staff, on the main, is very friendly, but people are all different; some have different abilities than others and there is a point where I don't like people walking in my apartment. I don't like them treating me like I don't have the facilities to make decisions for myself. My family picked this out when I was ill, and they were told that it was a retirement facility, and there would be many activities and things to do. However, I've discovered, I feel, that it is three-fourths nursing home. I do not eat in the dining room, though the dining area is nice looking. My room consists of a living room, a bedroom, a bathroom, and a small kitchen. I have my own furniture; I cook all my meals in my own kitchen, but I have no garbage disposal and no dishwasher. I had to buy my own microwave, so I feel deprived. I like the exercises, yoga, and the activities. I asked to be a volunteer in helping the activities director, so that is the position I am in now, and I feel that I've been very successful in this endeavor, because the people are much happier, and they interact in some of the programs.

Caring79180750 June 26, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Brighton. The rooms were considerably smaller than the other facility I saw, but they were very pleasant and very accommodating. All the residents actually told me they really like it there. The staff seemed to be great. It was a clean place, and the food looked good. I just thought it was pretty old.

James83999250 May 29, 2014

Emeritus at Brighton is where my father is now. I went there January. They had a vacancy, so we put him in there in February 1st. It was quite quick. I went there with kind of the assumption that I wasn’t going to like it, but I was really surprised when I got there. I thought the facility was very clean, very wonderful, and very nice. All the people were very friendly, and the staff was very nice. I was very impressed with this community. They have activities like bingo and ice cream socials. Unfortunately, my father doesn't partake in any of them, but they do have a lot of activities. They even have a barber shop there. My dad is in a private room, which is like an efficiency apartment. It is like a bedroom with an attached bath. It has always been clean. It is cleaned once or twice a week. They also do the laundry every Thursday, and they do an absolutely beautiful job on it. The food is quite good. He gets three meals a day. Overall, it has been three months now, but Dad is quite well adjusted to this community. He is getting along very well. Everything is fine. Dad seems to be happy there, and I'm very happy with it. I consider myself very lucky that I was able to get Dad in there. They also call me quite regularly to let me know how everything is going.

From Brookdale Brighton

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Brighton