Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing

2005 Route 22 West, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807

Reviews of Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing

son1954 August 19, 2014

This is my second go around with a family member and it's been very positive. From the Doctor to the Aids everyone is so nice. The facility is always clean and food is outstanding. Many activities and great entertainment. Would Highly Recommend.

shakawtwf August 07, 2014

My mom moved into Brandywine in Bridgewater in March of this year and the kind and friendly staff made a difficult adjustment easier for her and my family. Everyone knows her by name which I really appreciate. The size of the place isn’t overwhelming, it’s basically a big donut on its side, you can’t really get lost.

There’s a beautiful courtyard in the center where they host summer barbecues that my mom seems to enjoy. I’ve eaten quite a few lunches and dinners in the dining room and the food was very good. The dining room is where my mom socializes the most and she’s made a few friends there.

There are a lot of activities, i.e. participation games, movies, as well as religious services. My family and I visited several other assisted living facilities and we liked Brandywine’s friendly, caring atmosphere the best.

Olga Alario August 07, 2014

It’s almost 2 years since my parents moved to Brandywine. Like every transition, there are blips with getting used to a new place and new routine. But at this point, both of my parents are at ease, content, safe and well cared for. My mother kept thinking of Brandywine as a sacrifice she needed to make for my father, but when she was in the hospital and rehab, she said “I can’t wait to go home” referring to her new home at Brandywine. I had a good feeling about Brandywine from the first time I met the Senior Administrator (who is also a nurse). She made all of us feel very comfortable and listened to all our concerns from size and type of room to finances and cost. She told us that the main goal was to have residents “age in place”. Even when other facilities feel the need to transfer to a nursing home, Brandywine will try to keep the resident. The facility looks like a resort with plenty of activities and compassionate nurses and aides to assist. Events are run by young, active fun loving people. You can see the lift that it gives the residents. All the employees know the residents by name along with their preferences and routines. Some important things to consider: • Doctor’s appointments can be arranged by the facility and a driver can take the resident.
• Nursing is 24/7. Most facilities have nurses during the day but evening and weekends, nurses are only on call. There is a doctor for the facility that typically comes once a week. • Medication can be administered by the nurses. The pharmacy delivers 2 times a day. • A separate wing for Dementia / Alzheimer patients. The director of the unit is very affectionate and aware of the resident’s needs. She makes each person feel special while bringing out the most they can do. • Somerset Medical Center is the local hospital with excellent rankings. I can personally vouch for their outstanding service and care when both of my parent’s needed it. • Beauty Salon on site. • Physical Therapy on site. This is an excellent perk. When someone returns from the hospital and acute rehab, the PT provides the sub-acute care to get the resident back to normal. Therapy is also available without prescription (for an extra charge). • Exercise classes for all levels. • Laundry is done by Brandywine but there are “personal” laundry rooms if the resident prefers to do some items themselves. • Housekeeping. • Restaurant style dining with 2 new choices each day at each meal as well as a standard menu. • Jitney bus service to Church on Sunday. • Bus rides to local stores, restaurants, bowling, movies, plays, etc. • Some religious services scheduled on site. • Entertainment—weekly cocktail parties with music and special events.
• Picturesque outdoor garden with pond, waterfall and seating. • Make sure you are comfortable with the commute from your house to Brandywine. You’ll be visiting and coming often! Communication is excellent. I tend to do things by email and would always receive a quick response to any of my questions or concerns. Our family stress level is down and our satisfaction level up. Brandywine is the best decision that we made.

Barbara P August 06, 2014

When I needed to move my 86 year old parents from their private home into assisted living BrandyWine at Middlebrook Crossing was the first one I visited and I chose it immediately. The Community Relations Director gave me an overview and details about what my parents could expect and I can honestly say that it was all true. The place is lovely and the decor more like a hotel than an assisted living facility. The staff, from the aides, the nurses, the dining room staff and the activities director are incredibly friendly and helpful. My Mom had Alzheimer's and my Dad had been her caregiver and everyone was supportive and caring. When my Dad had a stoke and needed hospice care they allowed him to be cared for in their room which was a great comfort. The Director brought food and beverages to the room for my family and the Activities Director stopped by just to sit with us and talk. When Dad died I never had a minute of worry about my Mom being in good hands and visits were a pleasant experience. Mom needed to be moved to a nursing facility and even then the staff was helpful to me in recommending a facility for her. My only regret is that my parents did not live longer to be able to truly enjoy the care and companionship they found at Brandywine.

John56014450 February 28, 2014

My parents have a very nice room at Brandywine Senior Living. They have a big kitchenette when you first walk in on the left and one the right-hand side they have a nice closet. They have a good size living room and they had the bedroom inside with the bathroom. It’s all new, fresh, and clean and that was really nice. The staff are very hospitable, classy, and nice. My father is a very picky eater, but he doesn’t complain about the food here at all. They have people come in and sing. They have bingo, a pool table; actually they have a lot of activities for the residents. I really don’t have to worry anymore for my parents.

Happyhome October 12, 2012

I have a relative in this facility. The facility is absoutely great. It has plenty of things for the residents to do. It has bingo, exercise classes, movie night.Residents play cards. There is a pool table to shoot some pool. There is a green room for gardening and many other things. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They know the residents by name and always have time for conversation and they always have a smile. The food is good. There is a driver to take the residents to the doctor or dentist. We have had nothing but good things come from the assisted living facility. We are very happy with it. The rooms are cleaned often. They are spacious and quite. They provide rides to church on Sundays. They go to the food store and CVS. There are outings provided all the time. Everyone seems to get along. The facility gets updated often. The staff really seems to care about their residents. They also keep the family updated on any news with my loved one. All in all, we are very happy with our decision to keep my loved one here.

damp41 July 24, 2012

Brandywine does their best to make a difficult situation a bit easier. The outside the place is welcoming, with the front door area usually decorated with the current season. After a quick sign in, guests are able to see the dining area and various rec rooms, or head to the elevators to go to the rooms. Each floor has its own group television area, along with a couch and chairs. In each of these rooms there is also a door that leads out to patio area with benches. This is a nice place to sit outside for a breathe of fresh air. This area serves as a lookout to the courtyard, which has beautiful flowers and a small pond. The courtyard can be accessed through the first floor. The staff seems friendly and willing to help where they can. Brandywine does a good job to make a difficult time a bit easier for our loved ones.

dan4 May 27, 2012

My mom currently stays at this facility. The people at this facility were really great. They care a lot about their residents and really take a time with each resident. And I liked how they help my mom every time she had a problem with her dizziness. And a physical therapist is working with her too. They know all of their residents by name and room, they don't see their people/residents as just numbers. The only thing that i have concerns with is that they don't take much time in reassessing their residents' health issues. I've already raised that issue to them and seems like they are already working on that. But overall, I really love the place.

About Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing

Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing is an assisted living facility in Bridgewater, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Brandywine Living at Middlebrook Crossing