Washington Commons Personal Care Facility

528 Dewey Avenue, Bridgeville, PA, 15017

Reviews of Washington Commons Personal Care Facility

February 22, 2017

By xyBob

This place is terrible. We took mom out this month. NO staff. Mom was upstairs with only one staff for 25 people from 3pm to 7am the next day. AND that was asleep! The floors are gross. The new manager is rude. Staff pend most of their time on the phone. Stay away.

February 03, 2017

By AmyA275

I was in town for work and decided to visit my great aunt who lives here. This place has really gone downhill. I came to the facility around 7:30 pm, and the first thing I noticed was there was no staff. My great aunt lives on the first floor and when I was walking down to her room I saw the staff who was there huddled around the nursing desk on their cell phones. There was a resident near the desk who was crying, and one of the girls who was there snapped at her to "Shut up and quit crying. There's nothing wrong with you." I am horrified that these people are being treated like this. I went to my great aunt's room and it was filthy. Her floor looked like it hadn't been swept in weeks, and her bathroom didn't have any toilet paper, and her trash can was full of dirty diapers which made her room smell like urine. I'm not in town often, but I can say the last time I visited a few months back, there didn't seem to be these problems. I am beyond disgusted with this facility, and I am currently looking into other options in the area along with the rest of our family to find her a better home.

November 28, 2016

By Doralee530122

Washington Commons seemed pretty gloomy. I think they're having problems with cleanliness, and the residents seem to need a lot of nursing care. There didn't seem to be much activity, and it’s not a lively place that you would want for your loved one.

November 23, 2016

By LJSmileyJ

Love, love LOVE the new dining room here. I came to visit my great aunt and was shocked at the transformation! What a difference from a few years ago!

November 07, 2016

By EWatson

I toured this facility looking for a place for my 84 year old grandmother. It was bright and cheerful but most importantly clean. The staff was fantastic! I was greeted by the administrator who was very informative, compassionate and answered all of our questions while putting our minds at ease. We toured the dining room which has been updated with new linens and china dishes. It looked like a real restaurant, something I have not seen at any other facility I have toured so far. The rates are very reasonable, rooms are huge and the residents seem very happy here. I will definitely be moving her in when the time comes and recommend anyone who may be looking to stop in.

November 01, 2016

By Sandy740630

Washington Commons was cheaper, but to me it looks like a nursing home. The rooms and apartments were nice, and they have a beautiful huge patio. We had a very good experience too.

September 30, 2016

By Blaine811035

Washington Commons Personal Care Facility seemed like a nice community. It was clean, spotless, and well-maintained. I saw a lot of staff, and most of them stopped and talked to us. They seemed like good caregivers.

July 14, 2016

By fiona223

Washington Commons exceed our expectations! 3-11 shift was the best! The staff couldn't have been kinder to our mother.

June 17, 2016

By Tina726342

I feel safe and sound at Washington Commons.

Our residents and our staff are our family. We have made wonderful improvements since I started as the Administrator in Jan 2016. Our focus is providing care with love. Staff are screened, well trained and wear smiling faces. I'm glad to know that our residents feel safe and happy here.

March 31, 2016

By Stephen & Frank Hodan

Been taking care of dad for a long long time. Very good!

October 24, 2014

By mharris383

My grandmother was a resident and was injured by a staff member. Even though the employee was terminated, I was not notified of the incident by the staff. I found out when someone who thought I was notified and slipped up by telling me only days before my grandmother passed away. Also,it has been months since she has passed and we have still haven't received reimbursements. Facility has under qualified staff. Be careful.

April 30, 2013

By Ms. Virginia 04

My sister needed to be in a facility and her son chose Washington Commons Personal Care Facility. The place looked clean and they had good food. She was in a shared room with her own computer. There were different activities like bingo, carnivals, etc. She had been given very good care. I would recommend this place.

July 24, 2012

By joebob0320

Washington Commons in Bridgeville, PA is a great facility. The staff was very caring and took great care of my grandmother. There was always a different activity to participate in every night. Great entertainment was provided and always kept a smile on my grandmother's face. Field trips to various local attractions were always available so it never felt you were confined to the walls of the nursing home. My grandmother would always comment on how fresh the food tasted and was always prepared to her liking. The staff would always go out of their way to accommodate any needs to the best of their abilities. The room provided to my grandmother was very spacious and had all the amenities of home. I television and phone were both provided with easy to use large button remotes and dial pads for easy use. Also even the thermostat in the room was developed to be friendly to the elderly. Overall I was very impressed with this facility and would recommend it to anyone.

Photos of Washington Commons Personal Care Facility

• Activities Extra: Entertainment

• Staff Patient Ratio: 9:1

About Washington Commons Personal Care Facility

Mass, Communion, Non-Denominational Services, Hymn Sings, Bible Study

We provide Care with Love. Dignity, Fun, Meaningful Activities, True Relationships.

Map of Washington Commons Personal Care Facility