Brandywine Living at The Gables

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Brandywine Living at The Gables

August 18, 2016

By Daughter1055

We chose Brandywine Living at The Gables for my mother, and she is very happy there. The place is wonderful. They welcomed her beautifully. She is on level 3 care, and they are top notch. Her room looks beautiful. They have a movie theater, and their restaurant is lovely. She doesn't have any complaints in regard to the food. The people are very warm and caring. My mother feels very safe.

February 15, 2015

By Gibbs Girl

We have asked Brandywine Assisted Living at the Gables to help us with respite care for my 97 year old father-in-law in the past. Since my father-in-law is thankfully still pretty active, my husband and I care for him in our home full-time. But when we needed a couple of weeks off in the past few years, Brandywine provided wonderful care and gave us peace of mind that my father-in-law would be looked after. They could not be more accommodating, kind, professional, caring, or attentive. My father-in-law enjoyed his stay there--both times for about two weeks. The staff is amazing, there is no other word for it--they are so warm, so kind, so genuine. The room they provided for him was lovely--very comfortable, convenient, and safe. He enjoyed all the meals, all the choices--his comment was, "top of the line".

January 12, 2015

By wambado

I Think if they had 10 stars I would give it to them .Linda is a brilliant administrator .we were met with great service care and love.special thanks to maria mildred and jania.as well as the people whos names I forgot.Thanks Brandywine gables for bringing peace to our family

September 15, 2014

By Rose H

My mother has been a resident of The Gables since January. She is 92 years old and is basically independent, however since my father passed away she has found daily life to be increasingly difficult. When assisted living was suggested she adamantly refused. My husband, daughter and I decided to research options knowing it was the right thing to do. Upon entering The Gables, any anxiety I had about placing my mom melted away. The facility is gorgeous and spotlessly clean. The rooms are beautiful and the amenities are non stop. The dining is five star. While all of this is important, it's the staff that sets it apart. They genuinely and truly care about the residences. During a snow storm this past winter, many of the staff voluntarily stayed overnight. There are resident centered activities that are well thought out and the residents love them. If my mom decides to stay in her room during a meal they check on her and usually bring a meal to her room. I am extremely happy with her care and would recommend this facility wholeheartedly!

By etsygirl

My brother-in-law has been living at The Gables for several years. The staff is attentive and helpful; the building is clean and well-maintained. Food is excellent... menu with choices at all meals, BBQ outside in the nice weather, "Happy Hour" with entertainment every Friday... lots of activities planned throughout the day.

By MGER

If you are looking for a senior living home with compassionate, motivated, friendly and truly loving and caring staff and residents, Brandywine Senior Living at the Gables should be at the top of your list. When you speak to any one of the staff at Brandywine, you get the feeling that they love their jobs and the residents. My Mother and Father began their life at Brandywine in January of this year as a couple. Unfortunately, after just 3 weeks, my Dad became ill and passed away. We truly believe that visits to the hospital by the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director helped my Father to let go knowing that the love of his life would be well cared for. The compassion and support shown to my Mom, my sister, and I (who both live out of state) by the staff and residents during my Dad's illness, his passing, and the following month while we stayed with my Mom to settle their estate and prepare their home in order to sell it, was above and beyond. From the simplest gestures of a smiling face, warm good morning greeting and much needed hugs to packing lunches for us to take with us as we cleaned out my parents house, and helping us move furniture, the staff was there for us for whatever we needed. We only had to ask for whatever we needed and they were happy to help. Often times we didn't even need to ask, they just seemed to know what we needed and offered their assistance. Today, 6 months later, while we are all still grieving the loss of my Dad, my sister and I are comforted knowing that my Mom is slowly finding her way without her husband of 56 years with the help of the staff and other residents at Brandywine. Not only does she have new friends and activities to fill her days, we all have the comfort of knowing that should Mom need any type of medical care, a friendly ear or assistance with anything, she has that available to her 24 hours a day. A true blessing for all of us.

By leaha

My mother has been a resident of Brandywine for over 7 years and loves it there. The staff are all sincerely caring for the residents which is highly important to me. The nursing staff has been wonderful with the care they given my mother. Her care needs have increased in the last couple years and they've been great handling her additional needs. The food is delicious with a wide variety of selections. If you don't want what they're serving you can order something else. The desserts are outstanding. My mother enjoys a number of the many activities they provide at Brandywine which keeps her busy throughout each week. The facility is beautiful inside and outside. The landscaping and summer flowers are gorgeous. The pond by the outside porch provides hours of enjoyment watching the fish and wildlife that flies onto the pond. My mother has made many friends at Brandywine through the years which is wonderful since she was not from this area and did not know anyone. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who needs assisted living.

April 11, 2014

By Michelle47

Brandywine was a memory care facility and a dementia care. I was really impressed with the staff. I met the nurse and the administrator. We took a tour of the facility. They seemed to have a lot of activities. Nature Preserve came in and did an exhibit for them. I think they even brought in some live animals. At night time, they had a big screen TV where everybody would gather and they would sing old time songs and they would have the words on the screen. The activity level they had was pretty impressive. They had this old town theme in the center. It's very well secured, the rooms were nice. Easy access into the showers and the grounds were nice when we walked in.

April 02, 2014

I was in Brandywine for one night. It was an open house. The staff was extremely nice. It's assisted living, and it's quite beautiful. The whole place is absolutely gorgeous. It's quite big, and it's well-appointed. We visited in two rooms with two people, and they had nothing but praise for the place. Everything was very nice, but they were too expensive.

January 23, 2014

By Diane76450950

Mom is currently in Brandywine Assisted Living at The Gables. This is larger and has quite a lot of activities. The staff are professional, caring, open to family and if you have concerns they're willing to check them out. The meals are delicious. The dining room is very comfortable and cozy. If you did not want to attend the meal they could bring it to our room or ask you to take it at anytime of the day to make sure you have proper nutrition. One day my mom ate lunch and she didn't like what was on the menu. She asked the young woman who was serving to make her peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread. Half an hour later, the woman came up to her room with 2 pieces of bread, a cup of peanut butter and a jelly. She didn't know where to put the jelly. That was cute and was appreciated by my mother.

April 11, 2013

By Joe13

My mother is really doing well at Brandywine. The people there are amazing. The nurses there are phenomenal. The food is good. My mother has a big room. It has a bathroom with a walking bathtub and a shower. She also has a small refrigerator, a sink, and a couple cabinets in the room.

January 25, 2013

By April3

My mother passed away before we even put her in Brandywine Assisted Living. But it seems to be a very nice place. It has a friendly atmosphere, it's clean, and it didn't smell. It's close to the hospital, too. They showed me one room with a bed and TV. I think you will have to bring in your own furniture. The staff was very friendly and compassionate. I didn't observe activities, but when I was there they had a party going on outside and there was music.

May 19, 2012

By MNRACR

The facility is very close to Brick Hospital. The entryway is very inviting. The staff we spoke with both on the phone and in person were knowledgeable and friendly. The admissions person was familiar with many types of insurance and payment options. The menu options were delightful. The various options for day programs were in line with what Grams would have liked to done. The facility had a strange smell. We ended up not using this facility.

May 14, 2012

By dbp1

I cannot say enough positive things about Brandywine at the Gables in Brick, NJ. Each and every employee, from the Director to the dining room and maintenance staff, is outstanding. These individuals put their heart and soul into every aspect of care for the residents and treat each resident as if they are members of their own families. Each day there are a number of various activities that residents can choose to participate in with the employees enthusiastically encouraging them to do so. Sometimes it's a bus trip to the local dollar store, Wal-Mart, ball park or beach or maybe an art, craft or jewelry making class, or a drama class leading to a monthly production, There are daily exercise classes and Bingo and card games. Birthday parties, sing-a-longs, karaoke, holiday and veteran celebrations and indoor and outdoor concerts are an added treat for both residents and their families. My 87 year old mom has been residing there for three years now, and in all my adult years I have never seen her as happy and healthy as she has been since moving in. Even her physician tells me this is the healthiest, physically and mentally, she has seen my mom since she began treating her many years ago. This facility and the people that work there have been a tremendous blessing to my mom, and also to me. After a difficult struggle with family members who were resistant to my mom living there, I can truly have peace in my heart knowing my mom is receiving the best of care and enjoying her life.

About Brandywine Living at The Gables

Brandywine Living at The Gables is an assisted living facility in Brick, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brandywine Living at The Gables for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Brandywine Living at The Gables