Brandywine Living at The Gables

515 Jack Martin Blvd, Brick, NJ, 08723

Reviews of Brandywine Living at The Gables

MGER August 16, 2014

If you are looking for a senior living home with compassionate, motivated, friendly and truly loving and caring staff and residents, Brandywine Senior Living at the Gables should be at the top of your list. When you speak to any one of the staff at Brandywine, you get the feeling that they love their jobs and the residents. My Mother and Father began their life at Brandywine in January of this year as a couple. Unfortunately, after just 3 weeks, my Dad became ill and passed away. We truly believe that visits to the hospital by the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director helped my Father to let go knowing that the love of his life would be well cared for. The compassion and support shown to my Mom, my sister, and I (who both live out of state) by the staff and residents during my Dad's illness, his passing, and the following month while we stayed with my Mom to settle their estate and prepare their home in order to sell it, was above and beyond. From the simplest gestures of a smiling face, warm good morning greeting and much needed hugs to packing lunches for us to take with us as we cleaned out my parents house, and helping us move furniture, the staff was there for us for whatever we needed. We only had to ask for whatever we needed and they were happy to help. Often times we didn't even need to ask, they just seemed to know what we needed and offered their assistance. Today, 6 months later, while we are all still grieving the loss of my Dad, my sister and I are comforted knowing that my Mom is slowly finding her way without her husband of 56 years with the help of the staff and other residents at Brandywine. Not only does she have new friends and activities to fill her days, we all have the comfort of knowing that should Mom need any type of medical care, a friendly ear or assistance with anything, she has that available to her 24 hours a day. A true blessing for all of us.

leaha August 16, 2014

My mother has been a resident of Brandywine for over 7 years and loves it there. The staff are all sincerely caring for the residents which is highly important to me. The nursing staff has been wonderful with the care they given my mother. Her care needs have increased in the last couple years and they've been great handling her additional needs. The food is delicious with a wide variety of selections. If you don't want what they're serving you can order something else. The desserts are outstanding. My mother enjoys a number of the many activities they provide at Brandywine which keeps her busy throughout each week. The facility is beautiful inside and outside. The landscaping and summer flowers are gorgeous. The pond by the outside porch provides hours of enjoyment watching the fish and wildlife that flies onto the pond. My mother has made many friends at Brandywine through the years which is wonderful since she was not from this area and did not know anyone. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who needs assisted living.

Michelle47 April 11, 2014

Brandywine was a memory care facility and a dementia care. I was really impressed with the staff. I met the nurse and the administrator. We took a tour of the facility. They seemed to have a lot of activities. Nature Preserve came in and did an exhibit for them. I think they even brought in some live animals. At night time, they had a big screen TV where everybody would gather and they would sing old time songs and they would have the words on the screen. The activity level they had was pretty impressive. They had this old town theme in the center. It's very well secured, the rooms were nice. Easy access into the showers and the grounds were nice when we walked in.

Caring73962250 April 02, 2014

I was in Brandywine for one night. It was an open house. The staff was extremely nice. It's assisted living, and it's quite beautiful. The whole place is absolutely gorgeous. It's quite big, and it's well-appointed. We visited in two rooms with two people, and they had nothing but praise for the place. Everything was very nice, but they were too expensive.

Diane76450950 January 23, 2014

Mom is currently in Brandywine Assisted Living at The Gables. This is larger and has quite a lot of activities. The staff are professional, caring, open to family and if you have concerns they're willing to check them out. The meals are delicious. The dining room is very comfortable and cozy. If you did not want to attend the meal they could bring it to our room or ask you to take it at anytime of the day to make sure you have proper nutrition. One day my mom ate lunch and she didn't like what was on the menu. She asked the young woman who was serving to make her peanut butter and jelly on wheat bread. Half an hour later, the woman came up to her room with 2 pieces of bread, a cup of peanut butter and a jelly. She didn't know where to put the jelly. That was cute and was appreciated by my mother.

Joe13 April 11, 2013

My mother is really doing well at Brandywine. The people there are amazing. The nurses there are phenomenal. The food is good. My mother has a big room. It has a bathroom with a walking bathtub and a shower. She also has a small refrigerator, a sink, and a couple cabinets in the room.

April3 January 25, 2013

My mother passed away before we even put her in Brandywine Assisted Living. But it seems to be a very nice place. It has a friendly atmosphere, it's clean, and it didn't smell. It's close to the hospital, too. They showed me one room with a bed and TV. I think you will have to bring in your own furniture. The staff was very friendly and compassionate. I didn't observe activities, but when I was there they had a party going on outside and there was music.

MNRACR May 19, 2012

The facility is very close to Brick Hospital. The entryway is very inviting. The staff we spoke with both on the phone and in person were knowledgeable and friendly. The admissions person was familiar with many types of insurance and payment options. The menu options were delightful. The various options for day programs were in line with what Grams would have liked to done. The facility had a strange smell. We ended up not using this facility.

dbp1 May 14, 2012

I cannot say enough positive things about Brandywine at the Gables in Brick, NJ. Each and every employee, from the Director to the dining room and maintenance staff, is outstanding. These individuals put their heart and soul into every aspect of care for the residents and treat each resident as if they are members of their own families. Each day there are a number of various activities that residents can choose to participate in with the employees enthusiastically encouraging them to do so. Sometimes it's a bus trip to the local dollar store, Wal-Mart, ball park or beach or maybe an art, craft or jewelry making class, or a drama class leading to a monthly production, There are daily exercise classes and Bingo and card games. Birthday parties, sing-a-longs, karaoke, holiday and veteran celebrations and indoor and outdoor concerts are an added treat for both residents and their families. My 87 year old mom has been residing there for three years now, and in all my adult years I have never seen her as happy and healthy as she has been since moving in. Even her physician tells me this is the healthiest, physically and mentally, she has seen my mom since she began treating her many years ago. This facility and the people that work there have been a tremendous blessing to my mom, and also to me. After a difficult struggle with family members who were resistant to my mom living there, I can truly have peace in my heart knowing my mom is receiving the best of care and enjoying her life.

About Brandywine Living at The Gables

Brandywine Living at The Gables is an assisted living facility in Brick, NJ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Brandywine Living at The Gables for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Brandywine Living at The Gables