Brookdale Brea

285 W Central Ave, Brea, CA, 92821

Reviews of Brookdale Brea

Anonymous105847150 May 13, 2015

Brookdale Brea was very small. I did not like the location or the parking. If there was one thing they can improve on, it would be the parking situation. My mom still drives, and it was very difficult to get into. It was very clean.

Caring61489850 November 11, 2014

Emeritus at Brea was a nice facility. The rooms were actually pretty big, but it was just really expensive. My mom was on a pretty limited budget, so I had to throw that one out. Also, I didn't like the location of the facility. It was near the freeway and on a very major street. It had the same options and it was a much bigger facility with bigger room, but it was pretty expensive.

Rene1 October 28, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Brea. It was a lovely facility. My parents would have probably gone there in a heartbeat, but they were very limited in their finances. At the time of the visit, they gave us lunch and they showed us the entire place. It was a lovely facility and we were treated very kindly. Also, the food was wonderful. Everyone was very caring and that was important. I would absolutely recommend Emeritus at Brea.

Ron34 September 30, 2014

The atmosphere in Emeritus at Brea was very nice. The rooms appeared to be adequate; the second floor has a little balcony. The activities available seemed to be adequate for the elderly people. The availability of being taken to the store or doctor’s facility or to shopping is something that the facility has to offer because the people that are there generally don’t drive, so they rely on someone to supply transportation. The eating area was nice. The menu looked better than what I have at home.

Ken30 September 12, 2014

Emeritus at Brea was gorgeous. I couldn’t get over how nice it was. It looked like a great place to live -- and spacious. They get two meals a day and eat like a family. They had good parking, and the staff is very friendly, approachable, and outgoing. It seemed like there was always somebody available. But it would be out of the way for the other two sisters, and I just think that Ed is not ready for that yet.

LovelyLady00000871 August 26, 2014

Emeritus at Brea is a very nice place. They’re very clean. The surroundings are absolutely gorgeous. The people are great; they’re friendly. The staff is good. They’re also very prompt when somebody needs them. They do have activities for the clients. The residents seem to really like it there.

Sandra49 March 28, 2014

We are very happy with Emeritus at Brea. Everything there is good. My dad likes the food, and he gets good care there. We are happy with it. His room actually has a balcony with a sliding glass door. My dad has a table, chairs, television, a dresser, a bed, a recliner chair, a separate bathroom, and a pretty large closet.

Caring72894450 October 18, 2013

My mom liked the proximity of Emeritus to her doctor and shopping. She liked the neighborhood. We had lunch there and the food was fine. The residents looked well taken care of.

Linda66874950 August 01, 2013

Emeritus at Brea was really nice and clean. Their dining room was nice. Everything was top notch. It was just too far from us and they were full at that time. They had no more room available. Had it been closer to us, I would have placed her there. Also, it was too big, I was afraid that my mother will get lost there.

Nancy71663450 July 12, 2013

The location of Emeritus at Brea was convenient for my sister, that's why we chose to check this place for her. It is in the same neighborhood that she is living in now, so friends would not have to go further distance to find her should she decide to choose this place. The facility is very clean. We did check the rooms and I found them to be a little smaller than I had hoped for. However, price-wise, all of the services that go with the facility would probably offset the size of the rooms. Their dining room was nice. The sales staff that I met were very nice. Residents that I got to talk to seemed content. I think that pets are welcomed in this facility. It is a nice perk for people that had pets. However, they don't have very many gardens for people to enjoy very much. They could improve on this. Another thing I would like this facility to have is maybe if they can have a private dining area with a kitchen for a family to come in and cook a special meal so that they can have a meal together with their loved one who is staying in this facility. That would be nice.

Vicky4 June 07, 2013

Emeritus at Brea is very, very nice. The staff were very helpful and the minute I walked in they got somebody to talk to me and gave me a tour. The facilities were very nice but was a bit expensive and I cannot afford it.

From Brookdale Brea

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Brea

• Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 306003639