Brookdale Brandon

700 S Kings Ave, Brandon, FL, 33511

Reviews of Brookdale Brandon

Sandy104081250 March 31, 2015

I visited Brookdale in Brandon. She was fine, and she answered all of my questions. She gave me a tour of the place, and there is nothing to complain about. The rooms were nice and great. The one that she showed me is good and nice. She showed me the model, so I didn't really go to the one my dad will stay in. As for activities, there is a calendar, and she did show me. The sanitation is good, and it is clean. I like the fact that the hallways are wide. There are different places to hang out and different activities. There isn't just one thing to do. It is nice, and it is the closest to me.

slw2000 October 17, 2014

I Went to Emeritus to see my family member and the activity director had them doing ring toss and they looked like they were having such a great time!!!!! We needmore activity directors like her passionate ams loving what she does...

Caring92383550 September 01, 2014

The staff at Emeritus at Brandon was friendly. Their rooms were nice and their dining room is OK. I saw that the residents were old and I noticed that they don’t do much too. When I was there, I didn’t see any activities going on.

Terry35 August 27, 2014

Emeritus has nurses and 24/7 nursing care. They have home doctors that would come in once a week. It has really worked out well for my parents. They have a studio apartment, and they're kept very clean. The staff is very friendly. They come in, they do their laundry, and take care of everything. They have 3 meals a day in a very classy dining room. We've gone down to eat there, and the food was very good.

It also has the facilities where there's a rehab center next to it and memory care. The facility itself is kept up very well. I like the healthcare that they have. They also take them out on lunch trips to different restaurants in the immediate area, or they take them to WalMart. They've got two vans there that they use to take them out to get things. They have a little barbershop, a beauty salon, and someone comes in to take care and clean out the hearing aids.

My parents weren't too pleased to start out. They're both 93 years old, and they're from Pennsylvania. But after they’ve been there, and they've been there for about 3 months now, they're really getting established in the place and are starting to understand this is what they need. I certainly would recommend Emeritus to others. I wouldn't put my parents anywhere else.

Barbara86378650 July 19, 2014

I like Emeritus a lot. The room was small; it didn't have a kitchen, but I like it. I like the people there. They have come to visit me twice now at my home. I really like the guy who runs the place, but I just don't have the money to move. It is clean. That's where I would go if I had the money, but I don't. They have some activities. The dining space was very nice. They had a nice outdoor space for people. It was just a nice place. The residents were all nice.

Larry45 July 09, 2014

Save you money this place is a dump!!! Rats Roaches Thefts bad food very bad management don't be fooled.

Caring94580650 June 17, 2014

I was impressed at Emeritus at Brandon because the rooms were very nice and spacious. The attitude of the staff was very caring. They were concerned about their patients. The food was really good. I would recommend this place to others.

Maria31 June 11, 2014

Emeritus was very nice, clean, and very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave a lot of information. They were a couple of people there in the living room, and they looked kind of bored, staring at the wall. However, I could have been there in between things and at that time, they weren't doing anything other than just maybe taking a break.

Judy77171750 January 31, 2014

I was impressed with Emeritus at Brandon. The rooms were nice. The staff seemed to be nice. The person who took me around was very nice. She tried to help me find a location I felt comfortable with for my mother. I thought that was wonderful. She was not just selling Emeritus, but she was concerned about my mom's well-being. I would absolutely recommend this place. I was impressed with it. In fact, it was one of my main choices.

Wanda5 July 30, 2013

I don't think you could top Emeritus at Brandon. I loved it! It's great! The personnel were outstanding. Their attitude and exuberant that you came to their place was great and they had devoted quite a bit of time that day when I visited and we had lunch. They had everything you could possibly think of including an outstanding cook, chef and kitchen staff. I was encouraged to stay as long as I wanted. They had so many activities that no one could do them all. And they were updating things to keep up with the trends in our society. They were putting more activities around technology. I would recommend it to everybody.

Michelle25 July 24, 2013

My parents have been living in Emeritus. We chose this because of the location, the reception that I received when I toured the place, the people and the cleanliness. I ate a meal there and the food was good. They have lots of activities and one of my parents participate more than the other.

Vicki15 June 19, 2013

I found the staff at Emeritus very friendly. I really like the administration. The person that was helping me was very nice and very organized, but what really sold us on it was they had a suite that would accommodate my father. We had put a down payment, but we were not able to use it because my father died. They refunded the amount and they were very good about that and very caring. They even sent a plant to my dad's funeral. I liked the food there.

Clifford1 May 31, 2013

I'm on Social Security and for me, Emeritus at Brandon is fairly expensive for an assisted living provider. However, the place was nice and very impressive. The staff were fine and very courteous.

Birgel1926 January 14, 2013

Overall the care given to residents is okay but if you ask for a few more things like regular laundry, shower reminders etc. you will be told the staff is insuffiencient to do taht. There are NO SPECIAL DIETS offered!!!

Valrico2329 November 20, 2012

The staff is very kind and caring. They are willing to spend time not just on residents' daily physical needs such as bathing and nutrition, but they also spend enough time to show that they care about a resident's emotional well-being. The facility itself is very well kept, and its restaurant-style dining hall serves up food that's good enough that I don't mind eating there. Because my mother has been a resident for awhile, I have had a chance to talk to and interact with many other residents' families. With the few exceptions of people who are just nitpickers or overly demanding, I would say that the vast majority of residents' families are happy with the staff and its treatment of residents. I believe that the amenities are about typical for such a facility, and the residents that I meet seem engaged and happy. Likewise, my mother has not had a complaint during her time at Emeritus. Would I put her there again if I had to make the decision over again? Absolutely.

LalaT September 25, 2012

Emeritus is a really nice facility, but it's out of our price range. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They actually called me to try and find out if they could meet our needs, so I was very pleased with the staff. Had it been more affordable, it could have been more than an option. So I think they have to consider that a little bit more.

MrReference1 June 23, 2012

My latest experience with Emeritus assisted living was above average. While I feel some of the nurses and assistants could have been more attentive to my grandmother, I understand the importance of treating each patient equally to maintain general happiness. While I feel the staff could spend more time with her, the time spent has proven to be extremely valuable. After an extended stay in a rehabilitation facility as a result of a severe stroke, my grandmother was in dire need of someone to confide in. Although family is able to spend a great deal of time with her, the lapse between each visit was difficult at first. While the staff time is understandably limited she has been able to bond with a handful of nurses who are able to keep her emotionally stable during our periods of absence.In addition to the staff, the amenities are average yet keep the residents relatively active. The facilities are immaculate and have given no reason to be concerned.

From Brookdale Brandon

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #7656