Woodlands Village | Assisted Living

1055 301 Blvd E, Bradenton, FL, 34203

Reviews of Woodlands Village | Assisted Living

LindaHQHVZ May 11, 2016

We have already booked Woodlands Village. They were very helpful and friendly and made my relative feel very welcome. He knows two gentleman there, and they found a room that's very close to the dining hall and the barber. Eveything is moving along nicely, and we're happy for the choice we've made. They have a dining room. The rooms are a nice size, and my relative is very pleased.

Diane122086950 March 28, 2016

My father-in-law is in Woodlands Village. The staff took care of my needs the day I was there. They're very good and pay attention. The rooms are fine and very clean. Their food is OK. He likes it because it doesn't have elevators and chose it because it's all on one floor.

A Fellow Reviewer120088250 February 11, 2016

My mom is at Woodlands Village. She is in is a studio apartment. She is in the assisted living area, and it is a very nice facility. They have their own chef. The dining room is very attractive. The food is very good. The help just bends over backwards to do whatever you need. We are very happy with Woodlands Village, and she has been very happy there. She has been there a month. They have bingo and Wii bowling. They have musicians who come in, and she has gone to watch those. They have a talent show. They also transport residents to doctor’s appointments and various stores on certain days. The staff is very friendly.

Helen114837750 October 28, 2015

Woodlands Village had a really beautiful dining room that overlooked the water, and it would be a nice place to have your meals. The shared room costs more, and my brother doesn't have the money for that. The staff was OK, but not as good as the other one we visited. There didn't seem to be any happy people there. There were a couple of people sitting around in the main room, but I didn't see too many of them. I wouldn't want to live there.

Polly3 October 23, 2015

Woodlands was very nice. We tried the food, and it was excellent. The staff seemed nice and friendly. The rooms were very nice, but one room we saw needed to be improved, though, because it was outdated.

Bonnie113694650 September 30, 2015

The people in Woodlands were very helpful and very friendly. They were having a get together for a birthday party when we came in. I had lunch there, and the person who joined me was very happy and very informative. The setting was very nice. They had a lot of activities going on, they lacked some of the things that I thought was important, but because of the overall friendliness and atmosphere, I would have overlooked any of that. The place was a little older, the rooms were larger than I expected, and there was storage inside the rooms, like a little attic area. There was a pond in the front with wild life, and I enjoyed that. It seemed very secure.

Karen113553850 September 30, 2015

I like Woodlands Village. It was really nice. The thing I like about Woodlands Village is that it is not an apartment building style community. It is one-story, so you're not living in an apartment style. They have a little pond in the front yard and you can go and sit on a bench and feed the duck. There are a lot of greeneries, trees and plants. They have little independent screened-in porches. You can plant your own plants and you can decorate the yard if you need to. I like that about it. That's what's attractive.

Anonymous104526750 June 15, 2015

So far, my mother seems to be settling in quite well in Woodlands Village. It is an older facility, but the caregivers seem to be very careful and very helpful. The food is very good. She has been enjoying the different activities. She has even started her own bridge group. Overall, I think it is a positive experience. Her apartment has a nice-sized living room and a small kitchen with a refrigerator, a sink, and a counter. She also has a nice-sized bedroom and a large bathroom. If there is one thing they can improve on, it would probably be updating their furnishings.

Anonymous102698050 May 28, 2015

They were really cool at Woodlands Village, and they were really good. We just did not care for the layout of the grounds. The apartments were nice and pleasant. They were very expensive. They had a nice property, a great management team, and lovely people, but it was just not the property that met our financial or emotional needs at that time. I think it is good for a lot of people. What they had to offer us at that time was just a little over our budget to be comfortable.

Susan106626850 May 13, 2015

I would say that maybe from the outside of Woodlands, it might not look as attractive as the other facility I went to, but the apartments were a little larger. Also, everything was on one level, so it was easy for the residents to get around. They did not have to take an elevator. They had a lot of activities as well. Their dining was pretty much at a set time. The staff was very nice, open, and informative. I understand why they might not be able to do this, but I would say that I would like to have the dining a little less regimented.

Hi Susan, I'm Katie, I'm writing from Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review concerning our food service - that gives us some specific direction. It's feedback from our residents and guests that makes us better at what we do, so thank you! Sincerely, Katie

Caring106183150 May 07, 2015

Woodlands Village is a good fit for my mother. Her room is spacious enough, it is clean, the staff is courteous and nice, and they maintain it well. I did eat there, and the food was good. There are two dining rooms, an arts and crafts room, movies, an exercise area, and a library. It is very nice. They just need to improve on the general upkeep outside.

Gerald5 January 26, 2015

I'm at Woodlands Village. It is a very nice place. This was within my income range. It provides all your utilities, your linens, and housekeeping. It pretty well takes care of a bachelor's needs. It provides three meals a day. Food is good. It is a good, balanced meal. They have professional dietitians that design our meals. It is good wholesome food. They have a big staff. This facility has a 150-seat dining room for the active living and a 50-seat dining room for the assisted living, so it is a fairly large complex. It covers nearly 20 acres. Activities are basically slated for seniors. They have exercise programs, bingo, and cards. One day a month, they have a big entertainment. There will be a musical on site. For example, New Year's Day we had a surf and turf for dinner, so you get a lobster and steak at a senior retirement place; that's pretty outstanding! Woodlands Village is a nice place.

Virginia37 January 18, 2015

I was able to visit a friend living at Woodlands Village, and during all my visits the facility smelled good. That is a big thing. I also saw their dining room, and I didn’t see they were assigned seating. The residents can sit and eat with who they want to eat with. I wanted my mother-in-law to go to this place.

Caring75941250 December 28, 2014

My mother’s in need, she is losing mobility, she can’t walk great distances on her own, and she uses a walker for short distances but for the longer distances, I usually put her in a wheelchair. At the facility at Woodland, depending on the distance from let’s say the central facilities -- dining and recreation -- she would need to be wheeled back if it wasn’t let say within 100 ft of where she needs to be. I felt that she would need to be transported. Also the curve uphill for my mother is very visual and the curve uphill of the facility was not that attractive, but it’s really the facility itself from a condition point of view is fine; the location is not attractive.

The facility seems adequate, it’s comfortable, modern enough, and well-maintained. That is not shabby looking; the dining room looks clean and orderly.

Caring97044550 December 09, 2014

My brother-in-law is living in Woodlands Village, and it has worked out well. Everything is fine. It is actually convenient for his mother and is within his budget. He says the food is very good. They have a van or a bus that take people shopping, to appointments, and for recreational kinds of outings. It is an older facility, but it is in good shape.

Barbara92475250 September 09, 2014

Woodlands was a little older, but the people really cared and the residents came to greet us and hoped that we picked them. I was impressed by them. That was my second choice. I liked the independent suite. The wing that needed more care, the memory care, was clean but were older, and they didn’t look as good. Their calendar was super full of activities.

Marvin9 August 14, 2014

We stayed at Woodlands, but with the type of care my wife needed, we were only able to stay for about two months. It was a very good experience; they were very friendly, but they could not take care of my wife's nursing needs. They were only allowed to do so much in the nursing care, so we could not stay there and we had to go back to the nursing home. We had a two-bedroom apartment with a living room, a kitchen area, and two baths. It was nice, clean, and spacious. We had our choice of food, and most of the time we would eat in the dining room. The food was very good. They had a lot of games, tours, and what-have-you for those who were mobile. My wife was in a wheelchair, so we didn't participate too much.

Caring4742 June 26, 2014

Woodlands Village was good. It is an older facility. It is nice; however, I think the other facility is more upscale than this one. Their rooms were very nice. Food and activities were good there; however, their activities were not as diverse. Overall, Woodlands Village just didn't suit us. It might be suitable for other people, but it just wasn't suitable for us.

Gary32 March 31, 2014

I thought their rates were reasonable, and as far as the facilities were concerned, Woodlands Village was an older facility. It was very clean, and the staff appeared to be very attentive. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary there. The people seemed to be happy, and I think it is one place that would work for me.

Caring75981850 December 13, 2013

My mother-in-law has been with Woodlands Village for two weeks now. We visited several facilities and this one seemed to be the most caring and they have a good price. They didn’t have a huge upfront fee. One of the big thing were the rooms. They were so nice and they are large. It has a kitchen with a nice patio outside. They have a lot of features. The staff are great and the food is good.

Caring72512550 October 15, 2013

My mom is 97 and she has been at Woodlands Village for 10 years. But then she broke her leg and recovered but she needed to move into the assisted living side of Woodlands. We ran into a couple of issues but we did work those out. She has her own apartment and we'd go down the hall for her meals. The food is very good there. It is a clean facility, well cared for and it seems to be managed well.

Jean22 August 10, 2013

We chose Woodlands Village for my parents because they have beautiful rooms and it's very spacious. They also got lot of activities. I like the people who worked there. I would absolutely recommend this place.

Caring827 July 11, 2013

I had no appointment at Woodlands Village but I just happened to be in the area, so I went inside. As I came in, I saw the cafeteria and the hallway that led me to the studio apartment which was similar to the independent living area as the manager stated. However, the manager was not able to take me on a tour to see anything nor introduced me to any of the other staff. I looked for a studio unit but they did not have an independent living studio apartment available to show me, so I was not able to see how the residents there lived. He showed me a studio that was supposed to resemble the independent living unit. I was disappointed because it was depressing and cramped. I would understand if the residents were dependent on nursing care 24/7 but for something that was independent living capacity, it was not something I would consider. I was totally discouraged that nothing stood out to me. I did not see any residents similar with my age, I only saw people who were dependent on nursing care so I was not really happy with the environment.

Lillian3 May 29, 2013

When I visited Woodlands Village, the place was clean. The staff seemed very nice. They used to have bigger rooms back then, but now the rooms were too small for me and I was not impressed at all. I haven't had tasted the food lately but when I visited and took care of my aunt, the food was fine and she was happy with it.

From Woodlands Village

Woodlands Village independent and assisted living retirement community is situated on fourteen acres of sprawling, landscaped grounds. You'll love our stunning, shady park and comfortable facilities. With numerous beaches, shops, golf courses and museums nearby, residents always have something new to explore.

Floor Plan

Studio: Min: 288 Square feet Max: 288 Square feet
One-bedroom: Min: 640 Square feet Max: 928 Square feet
Two-bedroom: Min: 928 Square feet Max: 928 Square feet

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy

Pet Policy

Holiday Retirement warmly welcomes cats and dogs at no additional fee. Please see community for details.

Office Hours