Reviews of The Windsor of Bradenton
Caring108758150 July 13, 2015
I am a friend or relative of a resident
My mom moved in about a week ago at the Windsor, and she’s doing very well. We’re delighted; I think it’s a wonderful place. She’s very happy there. It’s relatively small in size and very friendly. It’s very close to where she used to live, and her friends all know it; it’s easy for them to get to. One staff has been very business-like and reserved, but the rest of the staff is very upgoing, friendly, and seems to be high energy. She is eating more than she did when she was in her own home. She goes to every meal so far even though she has her own little kitchenette.
The rooms are nice. She got most of the things she was wanting to take with her. The bathrooms are nice; they have very easy access into the shower area. Safety-wise, compared to all the different places we looked at, I’m very pleased with them. They didn’t have even just one hand rail in the hallways in all of the facilities except the Windsor.
Caring0380 March 23, 2015
I visited this facility
The Windsor was very nice. There were plenty of amenities and plenty of services that they offer. I would put my family member there if the price was right. I think it was one of the higher-priced ones, but not too high to be unaffordable. I was doing this for my neighbor lady who is 96 years old. I was doing it for her nephews who live out-of-state. The décor was very pretty with the coloring that they chose. It all blended very well, and it was, of course, very neat and very clean.
Caring98185150 November 29, 2014
I visited this facility
I was able to visit The Windsor at Bradenton, and it was a pretty community. It's very upscale looking, but it's got a smell to it. The staff was nice. I saw that a lot of people seemed to be sitting around a lot, and there's not much activity.
Dwayne1832 June 26, 2014
I visited this facility
My mother is going to The Windsor of Bradenton. She is going to have a private room there. All the rooms are the same. She wanted her own bathroom, and they have that there. There were two ladies who were really upbeat and happy, and the rest of the staff seemed really nice. They have playing cards, bingo, and they said they would take their residents on field trips to the beach, etc.
Gary33 May 11, 2014
I visited this facility
Windsor of Bradenton was larger, so they had more amenities. It has a nice layout. The food was better. I think it's because they have a larger population. But not quite as intimate because it's a much larger facility. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice. It's bright, airy, lots of windows, nice interior courtyard, large dining room, and large activity room. They have all the same things, like crafts, bingo, birthday parties, and movie nights.
From The Windsor of Bradenton
Welcome to The Windsor!
The Windsor is a licensed assisted living residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve. We have been serving the needs of senior adults since 1990 and remain dedicated to those who entrust their housing and service needs to us.
At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.
Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.
At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, The Windsor Tailored Services Program provides flexible service combinations. You may choose only the services included in the base monthly rate, or select additional personal care services and assistance. Either way, you pay only for the services you need.
Monthly Rate includes:
- Apartment Rent
- All utilities (except phone)
- Routine maintenance
- Weekly housekeeping & linen service
- Scheduled transportation
- Social, spiritual, & recreational activities
- 24-Hour Staff
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Health monitoring by full time professional staff
- Medication Assistance
- Special diets and nutritional supplements
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and other personal care needs
Enriching activities at The Windsor include crafts, games, reading, fun trips, spiritual services, and much more. The Windsor wellness program includes fun exercise, activities, and educational opportunities. Discover new talents and interests as you make new friends at The Windsor.
At The Windsor, you can entertain guests in the spacious common areas, or simply relax in the privacy of your own apartment. Each apartment includes the following appointments and amenities:
- Fully carpeted floors
- Individually temperature controls
- Private bath
- Spacious closet and storage
- Emergency Call System
- Phone and Television connections
- Common Areas throughout the building include:
- Comfortable living room
- Spacious dining room
- Inviting library / reading room
- Outdoor courtyard and sitting areas
- Full service beauty salon / barber
- Convenient laundry facilities
- Well-lit activity areas
- Fully sprinklered fire detection system
Philosophy of Care
At the foundation of our approach to service are fundamental concepts we believe important to every senior. These concepts are also critical in our approach to creating quality environments and service delivery programs.
- Offering each resident dignity and respect
- Promoting the individuality of each resident
- Fostering independence for each resident
- Offering individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
- Supporting each resident's right to privacy
- Supporting the needs of family and friends
- Involving family in care decisions
- Providing a supportive residential environment
What Makes Us Special
Lovely U-Shape building provides better accessibility for residents. Excellent activities and outing program that keep our residents engaged both mentally and physically.
Features of The Windsor of Bradenton
Technology and entertainment
- Cable TV in resident's rooms
- Technology extra: Emergency Call System
- Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas
- Medication Management
Room and housing options
- Studio apartments
- Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites
- Beauty/Barber shop
- Computer room
- TV room
- Gardens/outside patio
- Parking for residents
- Transportation for residents (shuttle bus or similar)
- Coffee shop
- Shared space where residents can host parties
- Features extra: Library
- Some residents have in-room kitchenettes
- Meals delivered to residents' rooms
- Meals in a shared dining room
- Arts, woodworking, craft
- Organized offsite activities (outings, etc)
- Religious services
- Lectures and discussions
- Book clubs
- Wii sports competition
- Guests can attend meals
- Guests can stay overnight
- Ample parking for guests
- Laundry service for clothes
- Laundry service for linens
- Private services
- Pets: All pets allowed
- Minimum age: None
- Licenses: LNS
- State License(s): 9932
- We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
- We help families understand VA benefits
- We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
Location of The Windsor of Bradenton
Get Cost Information
Get full access to reviews, cost information, and amenities